Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

congrats to brgy. ginebra for their win #1. finally! it was mark who carried the team on the end game. 6 straight points off j.yap's defense, mark owned j.yap this time. but it was a total team effort, jayjay was steady through the ballgame. and tubid gave the needed points and defensive hustle from him.

regarding their import, i see chris alexander as a tall lanky import who has a great timing blocking shots. completely the opposite of ernest brown who obviously is much more heftier.. yun nga lang mabagal. i think downside lang kay alexander yung poor free throw shooting nya. he was shooting bricks. but i think he's the best import for ginebra right now, especially with menk and reavis out with an injury.

junthy still cant get his game going.. lack of playing time? or adjustment pa? yung usual shots nya hindi nya na-ipapasok. i like how crisano's been playing right now. sana wag lang i-jinx ni ethel booba. haha! :lol:

congrats to brgy. ginebra for their win #1. finally! it was mark who carried the team on the end game. 6 straight points off j.yap's defense, mark owned j.yap this time. but it was a total team effort, jayjay was steady through the ballgame. and tubid gave the needed points and defensive hustle from him.

regarding their import, i see chris alexander as a tall lanky import who has a great timing blocking shots. completely the opposite of ernest brown who obviously is much more heftier.. yun nga lang mabagal. i think downside lang kay alexander yung poor free throw shooting nya. he was shooting bricks. but i think he's the best import for ginebra right now, especially with menk and reavis out with an injury.

junthy still cant get his game going.. lack of playing time? or adjustment pa? yung usual shots nya hindi nya na-ipapasok. i like how crisano's been playing right now. sana wag lang i-jinx ni ethel booba. haha! :lol:

Coach Jong doesn't know how to utilize Junthy...

also the system he has grown accustomed to isn't being used in BGK

may halong pagka hatfield attitude yung hustle ni Crisano.. great addition talaga sa BGK.

Junthy should find his touch very soon.. I know mataas expectations sa kanya ng team.. BGK needs to have at least 3 local players scoring to be effective.. Mark, JJ, and dapat si Junthy.. yung game against PF si Tubid gumawa, pero we all know di naten maashan na always ganon points ang napproduce nya dahil defensive player si Tubid. More time for Wilson.. may hustle din ito.. and i hope Jong uses the other players off the bench.. especially Sunday Salvacion.

naiinis na ako kay Reavis laging nasa injured list.. i think once na gumaling ito parang pumapayag na ako i-trade na ito.. if Chot gives Harvey Carey for him BGK should take it.. I heard Chot like Reavis.

may halong pagka hatfield attitude yung hustle ni Crisano.. great addition talaga sa BGK.

Junthy should find his touch very soon.. I know mataas expectations sa kanya ng team.. BGK needs to have at least 3 local players scoring to be effective.. Mark, JJ, and dapat si Junthy.. yung game against PF si Tubid gumawa, pero we all know di naten maashan na always ganon points ang napproduce nya dahil defensive player si Tubid. More time for Wilson.. may hustle din ito.. and i hope Jong uses the other players off the bench.. especially Sunday Salvacion.

naiinis na ako kay Reavis laging nasa injured list.. i think once na gumaling ito parang pumapayag na ako i-trade na ito.. if Chot gives Harvey Carey for him BGK should take it.. I heard Chot like Reavis.

undoubtedly Chot wants Reavis... bata ni Chot yan

I just don't know why BGK wants players that don't necessarily want to play for them

release na lang dapat si menk..wala kasi ginawa kundi gumimik sa gabi. kaya ayun ambilis tumanda ng katawan..sayang yung slot nya sa roster!

they'd rather see him rot on the bench than be useful and play for other teams

haay, buti namanat may nag-start ng bagong thread ng BGK. the old one got closed. sana naman hindi ma-close 'to. barangay fan na ako since jawo days pa.

sa wakas nanalo rin ang team natin. sana magtuloy-tuloy na.

nag-iba na talaga ang team natin since the champion team a year (tama ba?) ago. pero nandyan pa rin old reliables - mark and jay-jay. tama sinabi ng iba, nag-iba na ang laro ni menk. si reavis naman laging injured. i like new guys who are stepping-up like crisano. crisano has really improved since the last time he played. he looks smarter (looks lang! :-) ) and leaner.

hindi kaya ito dahilan kung bakit hindi masyado nagagamit si Sunday Salvacion..

Trades Galore In The Pba!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Washington to Ginebra, Santos to Talk ‘N Text?

By: Zean Macamay

JAY Washington to Ginebra. Arwind Santos to Talk ‘N Text. Sunday Salvacion to Air21. Another blockbuster trade in the making?

Not so fast.

The chief of San Miguel Corp.’s basketball operations yesterday branded as ‘loose talks’ the rumors that would make the two giant PBA franchises much stronger.

Robert Non denied any knowledge that the Gin Kings, the only winless team in the tournament at 0-5 (win-loss), had already acquired the services of Washington in a three-team, three-player trade.

“I am not aware of that,” said Non. “Those are only loose talks.”

The deal, according to a reliable person who requested not to be identified, said that the three teams had already agreed to push through with the transaction.

That would send Washington to the Gin Kings, while the Express will give away their best player in Santos for Salvacion. Santos will land with the Phone Pals.

“I would love to have Washington ,” said Ginebra coach Jong Uichico. “But until now, I am not aware of that deal. Sana magkatotoo.”

Informed of the rumor, Air21 coach Bo Perasol said that it’s a pact that’s very one-sided.

“I am not belittling Sunday (Salvacion),” said Perasol. “Pero there are things na hindi kayang gawin ni Sunday na nagagawa ni Arwind.

“Even if this is management’s decision, the deal is not fair. Besides, I and Mr. Lito Alvarez (Air21 manager) had already talked about that and the last person we would trade is Arwind. He is simply the pillar of this team.”

While only a sophomore, Santos has already proven that he could be a player worth investing in. He topped the statistical points in the last Philippine Cup but lost the Best Player of the Conference Award to Kelly Wililams.

The former Far Eastern U standout also appeared in his first All-Star only last week as part of the North Team and a participant in the Slam Dunk contest where he advanced into the Finals against Williams and Ronald Tubid.

The rumors apparently got set off since the Gin Kings are now only a win away from going down to their worst start in eight years.

The last time Ginebra went winless after its first five games was in the 2000 Commissioner’s Cup.

The Gin Kings will also parade a new import in Chris Alexander when it clashes with sister-team Purefoods tomorrow. Alexander will be Ginebra’s third import this conference after Rohshon Turner and seven-footer Ernest Brown.

Ilan taon ba naman na ipon yung gigil ni Crisano na makabalik sa PBA.

tomorrow yung next game ng BGK against Air21 second game.. they badly needs all the games left.

BGK siguro ito... alam nyo naman weird yan Air21

when they're expected to lose... they win!

when they're expected to win... they lose!

hindi kaya ito dahilan kung bakit hindi masyado nagagamit si Sunday Salvacion..

could very well be... although honestly I haven't heard this from ny of my friends in the PBA

nababasa ko lang sa mga threads and newspapers

Ginebra lost by about 9 or 10.

The game was close (no team going up more than 3 or 4 points) until about the last half of the 4th quarter. Ginebra led most of the way but couldn't execute in the clutch.

Some thoughts -

Chris Alexander - it's getting obvious he's better off as just a rebounding/shotblocking force inside rather than a go to scorer in the post. Had a lot of turnovers - people passed to him but he couldn't grab the ball, and is just too skinny to effectively score in the post. The problem is, you can't get a big guy to hustle on defense all game if you don't feed him the ball.

Mark Caguioa - is absolutely useless when he's not scoring. Plays no defense (looks to cherry pick half the time) and has low basketball IQ - he had the ball with 7 seconds to go, wasted time dribbling before throwing up a wild shot at the buzzer when he had rebounders waiting to tip it in if he missed. Also, he should drive more - settles for the jumpshot way too much.

Eric Menk - utterly useless, a shadow of his former self. He's like that washed up out of shape older guy at the park. Can't make shots, is too slow on defense. Although once, he got a steal because he didn't react to a fake, and his hands were there just in time to take the ball away.

Ginebra played well for the most part, and actually was leading after the half and 3rd quarter, but couldn't execute in the clutch. This game was lost because Air21 had too many offensive rebounds and putbacks.. Wide open 3 pt shots.. Fastbreak layups - they actually made them whereas Ginebra missed quite a few.

Bottom line - the coach sucks. His rotations are horrible. He should have pulled Caguioa, given some of his minutes to Tubid and his shots to Jayjay. Bench Menk. Play Mamaril or Crisano more. Ginebra can't win by just trying to outscore people, gotta rebound, take care of the ball in transition, make layups, and play hard if they wanna win. But win or lose, they're the most loved team in the league.

Peace.

Edited by malaki
Bottom line - the coach sucks. His rotations are horrible. He should have pulled Caguioa, given some of his minutes to Tubid and his shots to Jayjay. Bench Menk. Play Mamaril or Crisano more. Ginebra can't win by just trying to outscore people, gotta rebound, take care of the ball in transition, make layups, and play hard if they wanna win. But win or lose, they're the most loved team in the league.

I agree. Uichico can't do the proper adjustments.