Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

In short, hindi marunong mag adjust ang coach. Same plays (or lack of it). No defensive strategy whatsoever. Larong pang barangay kanto ang alam ng coach

+1...simply outcoached by the master tactician. ato cannot even be a motivator for his team. pag ganyang klase ang coach walang paglalagyan sa bench yan.

A letter to BGK management : WALANG TIWALA.

Pls.... management of Ginebra pls continue reading. Wala po akong tiwala sa coach ng ginebra.

Im a diehard BGK fans. The whole family as well. I don't want to be harsh but Ato has no place in this team. Talent wise, size wize, and mismatches all favors the kings but the biggest part is how to use that advantages. Its strategy! That is missing. All the advantages are not used by the their mentor. A simple shot clock expiring on their bench side was not being relayed to the players what more to expect from your coach? Tim Cone is a master against Ato, way way far. Good thing we have the talent otherwise we're swept 4-0. Hope next conference Ato is off BGK bench. Sorry, I have nothing against Ato. Its just my share of thoughts. Spent thousands on tickets watching the games live with the whole family many times but didnt get to the finals. Gud luck to us next time. SAYANG. s@%t.......... FEELS LIKE HOPELESS. KAKAWALANG GANA.... s@%t ULI...... Hope tomorrow to feel fine. Im feel so down....

management doesn't have to look far to determine who would be the best coach to handle this team. he was present during game 6...gave an inspirational speech during the halftime break...thereafter ginebra came roaring back from 14 points down to win the game. it was a different ginebra team we saw in the 2nd half. no other than the big "j" himself. intensity personified...great motivator...fiery and brilliant coach. JA-WORS-KI...JA-WORS-KI

Nope, its not pagyayabang. That is the core of heart ng SanMig...giving their all. That's the proverbial positive thinking in which even our very own JayJay did when he was interviewed a day before Game 6. Maganda nga yung ganyang attitude.....and that's the attitude of the Never Say Die spirit.

bro, tama at malalim ang analysis mo sa sinabi ni ping. lesson learned: when pingris talks everybody should listen and make the adjustments most specially the opposing team's coaching staff and players. otherwise, mama-murder ka like what happened to bgk last night. it is the most lop-sided game 7 in the history of the pba in front of the biggest crowd that ever watched a pba game.

maybe send the coaching staff to training?

at this point, i don't think that will even work.

bro, tama at malalim ang analysis mo sa sinabi ni ping. lesson learned: when pingris talks everybody should listen and make the adjustments most specially the opposing team's coaching staff and players. otherwise, mama-murder ka like what happened to bgk last night. it is the most lop-sided game 7 in the history of the pba in front of the biggest crowd that ever watched a pba game.

sad to say it was pathetic watching our beloved team being massacred in front of almost 25,000 fans. ping and his gang wanted it more than the gin kings...would've it been a different story if the big "j" was there?...at least konti lang sana ang lamang.

so what's next for Ginebra? will the management maintain the roster? coaching staff? or listen to the fans' clamor for Jaworski?

i'd say it's time management listen to the fan's clamor to bring back the BIG "J". SALUS POPULI SUPREMA LEX ESTO. sayang ang lineup. ababou and forrester, both athletic and talented persons who could have contributed to ginebra's cause, were never used and were lost in the rotation. maybe they will continue to be lost men in the gin kings' rotation.

so what's next for Ginebra? will the management maintain the roster? coaching staff? or listen to the fans' clamor for Jaworski?

Para lang sa akin, management should stick to the rooster. Malakas, si Urbiztondo lang maitatapon mo. Clamor for Jawo? Yes, and why? This kind of line up ang gustong gusto ni Jawo............tall centers (like when he recruited E.J. Feihl and Marlou Aquino), perfect guards (like the Bal David and Pido Jarencio, shooting forwards (Ampalayo and Hizon). And, mind you, mas mahina pa yang line up nuon kaysa sa powerhouse ngayon.

Edited by photographer

scrap at total overhaul hehehe na nila yung coaching staff ni Ato Agustin. no defense no W... yan dpat iisipin ng isang Coach na sana papalit kay Ato.

ibalik n lng si Tatang Jawo o pwede bang bigyan offer si Norman Black hahaha

ano pa man isa ako sa very nadisappoint sa nging resulta ng Game 7 ng BGK kakahiya sell-out new record breaking attendance..

last night's game showcased the sloppiest defense i ever saw..

ewan... parang ayaw na nilang lumaban eh... nakakabadtrip panuorin si Coach Ato...

obviously it was James Yap who was killing them, pero ang defense Zone pa din???

napaka-stupid naman na idea yan... walang adjustment... habang nanunuod ako

pakiramdam ko hinihintay lang ni Coach Ato na mag-4th quarter saka sya mananalangin

na maulit yung nagawa nila ng Game 6, Coach, hindi araw-araw pasko!! hindi ka pwedeng

umasa na lang sa 2nd half come back palagi... nakakabadtrip kang mag-coach eh (to Ato)...

all through out the series kung sino yung gumagawa sa Ginebra inilalabas mo... like yung

muntik kayong matalo ng Game 4, mainit si Baracael nilabas mo... ang talino mo din eh...

tapos nung mahabol saka mo ibabalik si Baracael, ano yan Makina??? hindi nababago yung

galaw kahit magpahinga... eh ang makina nga pag nawala ang init kailangan ulit painitin eh...

tapos kitang kita na kinakain ng buo ni Simon si Helterbrand, may ginawa ba si Ato na adjustment???

wala, magaling si Helterbrand, oo, pero nung bata pa sya nun... ngayon bumagal na sya, dahil sa

injury and sa edad na din... hindi ba obvious yun Coach Ato??? wala ka man lang ginawa...

tapos nung 4th quarter, nag pressure defense pa kayo KUNO, pero naglalakad lang naman yung

depensa, ni hindi sinusubukan umagaw, sumasabay lang sa nagdadala ng bola, ano ang pressure D

dun??? anak ng tinapay ka oh.. wala ka pa din ginawa... kung sa tingin mo players mo ang may problema

sana inilabas mo... tapos last 3minutes ata nung lumobo na lamang, saka mo ipapasok si Baracael para

sumubok maghabol??? sino yun si Michael Jordan???

obviously out-coached ka ni Tim Cone...

bigyan kita ng perfect example ng talino ni Cone???

nakita mo ba nung mag-monsterous Slam dunk si Japeth??? ano ginawa ni Cone???

two-points lang ang score ng dunk, pero nag time out so coach Tim...

that was to avoid allowing GInebra to build momentum through that dunk..

magaling ka nung player ka pa COach Ato... pero sa tingin ko hanggang dun na lang yun...

please do us a favor, kung ayaw kang palitan ng management, magkusa ka na lang....

Die-hard San Mig Coffee Mixers here.

To Gin Kings fans, thank you for a wonderful series. Syempre it feels better para sa isang katulad ko dahil nanalo ang team ko. Pero seriously, na-miss ko yung pukpukan, dikdikan, at matitinding banatan from Games 1-6. I'm not a hypocrite though - I'm happy na hindi close ang laban. Syempre baka nag-iba ang ihip ng hangin at ang resulta kung nakadikit kayo. I will be rooting for Ginebra against RoS kung tinalo nila ang SMCM. Thank God that won't be necessary.

Here are things that I noticed while watching the games and why I agree with fans who are calling for Coach Ato's head:

1. No adjustments were made in the first quarter when Reavis was doing a lot of damage through back door plays.

2. After the big lead in the first quarter was tied by the Gins, Tim Cone called a time out. The result was another 8-0 run by the Mixers. I was waiting for the buzzer to sound a ceasefire from Ginebra. Nothing. Then the lead went up to 10, then 12, then...

3. The offense was very predictable. First, pick-and-roll. If it doesn't work, stuff the ball to the low post to Aguilar or Slaughter and then hope that they score. If that doesn't work, isolation. If that doesn't work, rinse and then repeat.

4. James Yap was hot. Obvious naman di ba? Bakit walang adjustment sa defensive assignments?

Just my two cents' worth. Goodluck to your team in the future. Sana next time sa Finals na tayo magkaharap ng Game #7. Much respect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1