Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

masunod kaya yung "pattern" mamaya?

hahaha. at halatang halata hindi ko naman tinatago..........and sa future malalaman ninyo kung sino ako rolleyes.gif. The thing with my age now is I saw the pure development of Philippine basketball through the decades, the rise of Asian basketball supremacy of Iran,China, Israel, Nuong naglalaro pa ako Taiwan lang kalaban.Kung tambakan nuon ang HonKong, Singapore, Malaysia, Laos halos 100 points and lamang.I saw the glory of Philippine team sa Asian Basketball Confederation. Ang pinakamalakas South Korea. Mao Tse Tung pa kasi sa China at closed curtain sila sa labas. The roughness and ruggedness of 60s and 70s basketball. Hindi puwede yung style ni Japeth na kapag hindi nakita ang foul, reklamo ng reklamo sa refs. Nuon baskeball shoes lang at uniform makikipagpatayan na kami. I saw Jawo's whole career maski nasa Baguio pa siya. Meron pa ngang isang mas magaling sa kanya nuon, sinusukuan ni Jawo kaya lang nabasag kaagad ang tuhod. That's my life, that's what I saw............through the years................and walang script, script nuon cool.gif

Like!

Japeth should bring back his A-game. BGK is good when Japeth plays good. Ato should devise plays for Japeth to display his A-game. By now, Japeth should just concentrate and not ask for fouls from the refs.

I dunno how will LA react from that costly miscues. Ato should also be ready in case of LA 'gigil' or 'TH' para lang makabawi. Maybe it's time to Find Forrester...

Kapit mga ka-barangay...

Japeth should bring back his A-game. BGK is good when Japeth plays good. Ato should devise plays for Japeth to display his A-game. By now, Japeth should just concentrate and not ask for fouls from the refs.

I dunno how will LA react from that costly miscues. Ato should also be ready in case of LA 'gigil' or 'TH' para lang makabawi. Maybe it's time to Find Forrester...

Kapit mga ka-barangay...

i agree...the missing link for ginebra is really japeth. he has been contained by the defense of pingris. basang-basa na ni ping ang galaw ni japeth. add to gibera's woes is ato has not adjusted much and devised plays for japeth to contribute. sariling sikap na lang si japeth. forrester is a lost man in ato's rotation. it's such frustrating for a 4th overall pick not to even contribute to his team's cause. akin lang, kung nabigyan lang sana ng tsansa na makapaglaro ito at na-develop ang kumpiyansa, sigurado akong mas magaling pa ito kay melton.

it would be really nice if bgk equalizes tonight. a game 7 would be a rumble!

Edited by junix

^^^ I think Japeth is finding it difficult to score because of the defense thrown against him by San Mig. It also gets physical whenever he's inside the paint.

Na observe ko lang din, Japeth seems not too confident in his mid-range jumpers in this series.

I think ATO himself does not know how he'll be able to "help" Japeth pick up his game in this series. Nakita naman natin na from a regular starter, Ato had Japeth coming off the bench i game 5. A move (or experiment) he hopes could give Japeth the advantage if he's playing against San Migs 2nd string of big men.

As far as utilizing Forrester is concerned, well IMHO it will be a very tough decision for coach ATO to play him at this point. While JF has the speed and athleticism to possibly match the speed unit of Tim Cone, I don't think the guy is known for his D when he was playing college ball as well as in the D League. A case of high risk high reward move move in case everything goes well but could ultimately be a disaster if it doesn't. Its already game 6 and we need to win the next two games. I don't think this is the time to take a gamble. .

Edited by fatchubs

^^^ I think Japeth is finding it difficult to score because of the defense thrown against him by San Mig. It gets physical whenever he's inside the paint.

Na observe ko lang din, Japeth seems not too confident in his mid-range jumpers in this series.

hhhmmm, dapat ilabas ni Japeth yung physicality play niya. Paano na yan, pangarap pa niya sa NBA, eh, bugbugan ng katawan duon.

hhhmmm, dapat ilabas ni Japeth yung physicality play niya. Paano na yan, pangarap pa niya sa NBA, eh, bugbugan ng katawan duon.

Well sa opinion ko hindi physical player itong si Japeth. Hirap talaga siya sa ganyang laro. Sa eliminations, hirap na hirap ang GSM tuwing masyadong naging physical ang laro. Just like vs. Meralco (kahit undersize sila), TnT and San Mig nun 2nd round.

GANITO ANG COACHING.............................Hindi palengke ang PBA.

post-5237-0-27550600-1392003945.jpg

i remember one time while i was sittingbehind the Ginebra bench. During a timeout Jaworski was setting up a play when one of his assistant coach butted in. I overheard Jaworski saying "Gusto mo ikaw na mag coach?" :)

GANITO ANG COACHING.............................Hindi palengke ang PBA.

post-5237-0-27550600-1392003945.jpg

i remember one time while i was sittingbehind the Ginebra bench. During a timeout Jaworski was setting up a play when one of his assistant coach butted in. I overheard Jaworski saying "Gusto mo ikaw na mag coach?" :)

di lang yan chief...meron pang "this is you...this is you" yan...lahat nakikinig. iisa lang ang maririning mong boses.

I can't fathom why Tenorio drove to the basket when Ginebra needed a three to, at least, send the ballgame into overtime. I was anticipating a drive and kick out but, alas, LA drove to the basket. Good luck to BGK in Game 6. I guess the backbreaker was Baracael getting lost in the rotation and that left James Yap wide open for three. Tim Cone was Jawo's arch-nemesis in the 90s as Alaska, more often than not, had Ginebra's number. I believe that this Ginebra squad has the talent to bamboozle San Mig Coffee and I agree with other posters here that Ginebra needs a coach to match wits with Cone. Jawo comes to mind. Jawo is not just about the Xs and Os, he's also about motivation.

not to mention the HEART of ginebra!!!

Wala...just admit it guys...outclassed talaga si ato kay tim....

From game 1 ..yun 5 secs play na to free up devance from baracael to tie the game...yun last sec shot ni james yap last game 4 that freed up yap tapos bantay lang si monfort...to the backpick nun game 5 that freed up yap(again) from baracael...(come to think of it laging si baracael ang kasali lagi ah)...practisado lahat ng san mig ang mga inbound plays eh...and in fairness ...effective pa....