Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

1. Jostein Gaarder

2. Rizal (my spaniard professor adore him, said i should read his works in spanish to fully understand all its sutlety).

3. Robert Kiyosaki..

4. I like technical books too. fixing this and that, making this and that etc..

5. I like books about conspiracy, mystery...

can't list all my fave authors here. too long.. :)

1. Anne Rice-Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair Witches and others

2. John Grisham ( I love his books!!!)

3. R.R. Tolkien (Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit)

4. Jude Devereux

5. J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter Books)

6. sidney Sheldon (Sands of Time, Doomsday Conspiracy and many others...)

7. OG Mandino

8. Napoleon Hill

9. John Maxwell

10. Paulo Coelho

11. Stephen King

12. Richard Bachman

13... and sobrang dmai pang ibang books

If you love books, this is the thread to be. From local romance pocket books, to JK rowling's harry potter, from Robert kiyosaki's rich dad poor dad to tolkien's Lord of the rings, from fiction to non-fiction, from romance to suspense. As long as it is in printed word, it is included here.

Some notable books that i've read are: Lord of the Rings trilogy by Tolkien, War of the Lance trilogy, Legend of Huma, Love Story by Erich Segall, The Power of One, John Grisham novels, etc.

So let me begin by recommending my favorites according to their genre: If you like romance, read Love Story by Erich Seagall. Nothing comes close to it. Bar none. Medieval fantasy: Legend of Huma by richard knaak, war of the lance trilogies, and of course (duh), lord of the rings. Courtroom drama: all books by john grisham. And so forth which are too many to mention.

Just post any book you like and state the reasons why. It's intended readers, synopsis, etc. Kinda like a mini book review.

Let the reading begin. B)

i am posting here coz i know that u all are book fanatics so im asking for your help....

well a friend of mine wrote his first book ever... soon it will hit the shelves but not yet... lets wait when it would be...

thus im asking for your help to support him and his book. he is a filipino by the way. a young filipino writer.

im posting the site where few chapters of that book could be read. you can read a part of the book to give you a glimpse as to what it is all about.

it is a great book by the way... i am confident that you will like it too. err infact like is an understatement.. i will bet you will LOVE that book. and that it is worth your money and time..

Orange is a novel, a modern day love story of two very distinct personalities - Archie and Anna. It is written in a shifting first person point-of-view. Some chapters are narrated through Archies's eyes, and others, through Anna's

It speaks of youthful idealism and disillusionment, hopeful dreams and harsh realities. It mirrors how the typical youth of today struggle and strive to find purpose and meaning in their lives. Orange is also a discovery of life issues that directly or indirectly affect the Filipino youth, such as politics, radical extremist ideologies, drugs, smoking, sex, abortion, and religious faith.

visit the site to learn more about it.... http://www.orange.com.ph

so please spread the word around... :D

buy the book when it hits the market...

thank u

:rolleyes: ako din booklover!! weheheheh!!

my faves are:

>tuesdays with morrie

-kung gusto nyong maiyak ito ang dapat sa inyo...weheheh!! this is all about life. ang sumulat ung student at ang sinulat nya tungkol sa life ng professor nya. definitely a must-read...magbabago tingin mo sa buhay mo...

>hot summer nights

-mukhang panghorny peeps pero nde!! heheheh!!! love story sya. as inpanghigh school pero ang lakas ng dating saken. as in parang makikita mo sarili mo don..eheheh.

>paradise (judith mcnaught)

-the best sa lahat ng novels nya!! syempre pati something wondeful

>harry potter

-di ko pa tapos basahin ang hp5..pero ang gaganda talaga nilang lahat!!

>prayer of jabez

-religious book to.. narecommend saken..it teaches us the right and effective way to pray. yung ngrecommend nito natupad lahat ng wishes nya...

un lang po...isip pa ako ng iba.. :D :D

When it comes to novels, I like reading the books of John Grisham, Michael Crichton and Anne Rice. Aside from the books of these three authors, I also collect their movie version and it’s very interesting because I still like the book version compared to the movie version. My imagination when I read these books are more colorful and more exciting compared to the movie. As of now, I am now reading THE SUMMONS of John Grisham and then next will be THE KING OF TORTS.

I also read the novel of Randall Wallace which is the BRAVEHEART and when I compared it to the movie by Mel Gibson the story is quite different. I don’t know how many times I read the pocketbook version of BRAVEHEART and it really touches my heart. IdealGuy is right in his quote – “Every man dies, not every man really lives.” I hope you also know the meaning of why William Wallace says these words.

There’s an upcoming movie from the books of John Grisham and its THE RUNAWAY JURY. I already read the pocketbook version and I can’t wait to see the movie version. You can check their ads in this web site: http://www.runawayjurymovie.com/

:D

I like fantasy novel, such as the dragon lance and forgotten realms, of the dragon lance saga, i read the trilogy of the heroes of the dragon lance saga. where among them include my fave is raistlin

Detective or mystery, like reading agatha christie, hardy boys and nancy drew when i was younger.

Read sydney sheldon

Read J.R. Rowling, Harry Potter

Tolkien's novel

For anyone who's into horror-conspiracies, I recommend checking out John Tyne's "The Rules of Engagement".

If you're familiar with the works of Howard Philip Lovecraft this is a modern tie-in to the horrors he had posited from the 1920's-----but with a twist, as there is much links to shadowy government organizations, hence the conspiracies.

When it comes to novels, I like reading the books of John Grisham, Michael Crichton and Anne Rice. Aside from the books of these three authors, I also collect their movie version and it’s very interesting because I still like the book version compared to the movie version. My imagination when I read these books are more colorful and more exciting compared to the movie. As of now, I am now reading THE SUMMONS of John Grisham and then next will be THE KING OF TORTS.

i agreee!!!!! i love him.. hehehe.. im inlove with John Grisham hehe..

i too am reading THE SUMMONS right now.. hehehe...

i love non-fiction books too..

Closing of the American Mind by Bloom

and Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder are great books..

Sophie's World is all about philosophy..

also i love reading inspirational books such as Chicken Soup for the Soul and The Road Less Traveled..

and also.. i want to take this opportunity to inform u guys about this certain book a friend of mine wrote.. soon-to-be-released. its a great book.

written by a young filipino writer.. if ur interested.. just visit this site.. http://www.orange.com.ph u'll be able to have a glimpse on what the book is all about. few chapters of the book are on this site... so please check it out :D

love reading manuals...weird ..heheh...

and also salinger's catcher in the rye

:D :D

I like catcher in the rye also.

I failed to metion to k*ll a mocking bird, now that is my all time favorite novel.

Though set on the old time where the white still oppressed the blacks and people believe in surperstition and likewise great poverty was present at that time.

i agreee!!!!! i love him.. hehehe.. im inlove with John Grisham hehe..

i too am reading THE SUMMONS right now.. hehehe...

i love non-fiction books too..

Closing of the American Mind by Bloom

and Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder are great books..

Sophie's World is all about philosophy..

That’s cool! :blush: You are also reading THE SUMMONS. Oh by the way sweetpsyche, :boo: can you give me further info regarding the Sophie’s World book. What is this all about?

I also like non-fiction books but I am more into unknown phenomena and parapsychology. I like the books of Charles Berlitz such the:

1. Atlantis: The Eight Continent

2. The Bermuda Triangle

3. World of Strange Phenomena

4. The Dragon’s Triangle

5. In Search of Noah’s Ark

For those who are into UFO/Alien stuff, you can consider books of Zechariah Sitchin especially the 12th Planet. Books of Zechariah Sitchin will bring you into different civilization from ancient Mesopotamia, ancient Egyptian World … from Babylonian to Sumerian … from the ancient hieroglyphics and proving that somewhere somehow aliens ruled the Earth. Zechariah can also prove to you (based from his books) his own view about the Great Flood in the Old Testament Bible. Did you know that there are many versions from different civilizations of the Great Flood?

When it comes to Eastern philosophy and beliefs, I have books of Deepak Chopra (http://www.randomhouse.com/features/chopra/index.html) and Dalai Lama.

Mahilig din ako sa books! Haha obvious naman sa fave books list ko...

20 fave Books/Series so far

(In no particular order)

1. Mario Puzzo novels

2. Tusdays with Morrie

3. Mists of Avalon

4. Clan of the Cave Bear

5. Raymond Feist Books esp the Riftwar Saga

6. Someday I Talk Pretty

7. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

8. Road Map to Success

9. Fish

10. Jack

11. Rich Dad Poor Dad

12. The Sleeping Beaty Series by Anne Rice

13. Memnoch the Devil

14. Bones

15. LOTR

16. Bamboo in the Wind

17. Harry Potter Series

18. Seabiscuit

19. The Da Vinci Code

20. As a Man Thinketh

Shucks kulang pala yung 20, heheheh

THE ART OF HAPPINESS (A Handbook for Living)

By: HH DALAI LAMA and HOWARD C. CUTLER

Mail on Sunday quotes this as “An intriguing encounter between East and West.”

One of the world’s great spiritual leaders offers his practical wisdom and advice on how we can overcome everyday human problems and achieve lasting happiness.

I like this book and its high recommendable because it talks more about life. According to Dalai Lama, the very purpose of our life is to seek happiness. Whether one believes in religion or not, whether one believes in this religion or that religion, we all are seeking something better in life. Whether we live a day or a century, a central question always remains: What is the purpose of life? What makes our lives meaningful?

I’ve learned many things in this book on which I can apply in my every day aspects of life. Our feelings of contentment are strongly influenced by our tendency to compare. That greed is an exaggerated form of desire. One interesting thing about greed is that although the underlying motive is to seek satisfaction, the irony is that even after obtaining the object of your desire, you are still not satisfied. The true antidote of greed is contentment. If you have a strong sense of contentment, it doesn’t matter whether you obtain the object or not; either way, you are still content.

Novels and Books I like:

1. Lord of the Rings

2. Harry Potter

3. Call of the Wild

4. Sherlock Holmes Classic Series

5. White Fang

........ These are some.

Anyone read "Who moved my cheese" its a very light reading only takes half an hour. But I think its good. Simple and has many interpretations.

I already read these books – Call of the Wild and White Fang and these are great books. I don’t know if you already watched the classic movie created by Disney which was also based on this book – White Fang. It’s a great movie. :)