Manila Ocean Park, Behind Quirino Grandstand

Entrance is at 400 pesos. I find it okay, but then I wish they would lower it down -- not only will it generate more visitors, it will generate more money, too. What I am ranting (just a bit) about is that they have two more attractions upstairs, and each one cost 120 pesos. I do hope they would lower the main entrance ticket and just have an option of buying a much expensive ticket to enjoy the other attractions, too (parang "ride all you can" ticket).

I know a lot of people who have been in other oceanariums would compare MOP, but I hope there wont be too much harsh criticisms because first and foremost this is a new establishment. Still a baby. Comparing this to the one in Singapore is like comparing a toddler to an adolescent.

My MOP experience was really great. I especially loved the fish spa!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Try to visit manila ocean park if you are manila residence may discount kayo na 10% just show your ID with Address na taga manila talaga kayo...almost everyday nasa MOP ako.......

Wow talaga? Why. uber fish lover ka? :upside:

Makapunta nga ren dito with my nieces. Mukang okay ren ah. Saw the pics sa net, mas mahaba yung tunnel dito compared sa ocean park sa HK. Dun maiksi na may conveyor pa hehe. Kainis. Kaya wala masyadong time mag piktyur piktyur :P

• 3 weeks later...
maiba ako, pauwi ako ng pinas saan malapit n hotel...

kahit un buget lng ala kc mkksundo sa akin sa air port bc lahat

just for a night lng...

Sir basti79, OT tayo dito nasa next tread dapat ito, sa Hotel on a Budget. Sagot sa tanong mo, Mayroon mga hotel na nagka-cater para sa balikbayan, like Mabuhay manor hotel and Kabayan hotel. Just check them out. I hope this helps...peace bro....

• 2 weeks later...
Wow talaga? Why. uber fish lover ka? :upside:

Makapunta nga ren dito with my nieces. Mukang okay ren ah. Saw the pics sa net, mas mahaba yung tunnel dito compared sa ocean park sa HK. Dun maiksi na may conveyor pa hehe. Kainis. Kaya wala masyadong time mag piktyur piktyur :P

nde naman fish lover.....im working there in MOP....i can give you discounts hehehe

• 4 weeks later...
not to mention the one and only pygmy 'tasmanian' devil and her rare terrestial manatee sidekick. :thumbsupsmiley:

the chameleons and geckos in batasan included.

+++++

the comments on Manila Oceanarium will not be harsh if their fee is worth it.

this is an obvious rip off .

I agree, its a total rip of. Your better off staring at fish in an aquariun in a petshop

regarding the Fish Spa, they are called Doctor Fish/Fishes...species Garra rufa and Cyprinion macrostomus Wiki --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_fish

regarding the Glass Bottom Ride...I did took a snapshot but the image is very poor...the see-through glass panel is about 1/4 of the squared boat bottom located in the middle, what you can see are the fishes and people under the Oceanarium tunnel.

Ocean Park gets 5 freshwater crocodiles from Palawan

By TJ Burgonio

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 02:15:00 08/27/2008

MANILA, Philippines – Tourists need not fly to Palawan to take a look at one of only two species of crocodiles in the country.

Five juvenile freshwater crocodiles once held in captivity at a wildlife center in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, have just been added to the Manila Ocean Park’s collection of wild animals.

The Department of Environment and Natural Resources signed Tuesday a memorandum of agreement with park operator China Oceanis Philippines Inc. (Copi) to lend the crocodiles to the park for three years.

The crocodiles, all female, belong to the Crocodylus mindorensis species (freshwater crocodile), one of only two species in the country. The other is the Crocodylus porosus or saltwater crocodile.

“Seeing the crocodiles will inspire the public to help conserve these animals that have been bred in captivity at the Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center,” Environment Secretary Lito Atienza said.

He said he was confident park officials would be able to handle these crocodiles well, and “be able to disseminate information about its importance in our overall biodiversity.”

For its part of the deal, the park, the country’s first oceanarium, would turn over P30,000 each year to the Palawan farm to support conservation and research activities on crocodiles.

These would include studies to determine the distribution and conservation status of the freshwater crocodiles, the threat to their survival, and the extent of their remaining habitats.

The DENR established the wildlife center in Puerto Princesa City in 1986 to conserve the freshwater and saltwater crocodiles.

Under the MOA, the park should guarantee that the freshwater crocodiles be used strictly for public education, awareness and research, and not be used for breeding purposes.

The Philippine crocodile, considered a critically endangered animal, is relatively small, growing not more than three meters. It is believed that the primary cause of its reduced numbers today is commercial exploitation.

But the current threat is mainly from the removal of a suitable habitat for agricultural purposes to satisfy a rapidly expanding human population, MOP said in a statement.

“We are very happy that we were considered to be part of conservation and preservation efforts of the Philippine crocodile,” said George Lin, head of MOP’s curatorial department.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadl...es-from-Palawan

WOW! DONT TELL ME MAGKAKARON DIN NG CROCODILE SPA!? AHAHA..

PEACE

• 2 weeks later...

i blogged about manila ocean park after we went there last september.... and personally, i don't consider it a ripoff... sure, P400 isn't cheap but considering what they are offering (for sure, the cost of maintaining all those aquariums don't come cheap), it is value for money...

i don't think really small kids will appreciate it much though :)

http://mecsexy.smugmug.com/photos/376426677_7fq9k-S.jpg

Edited by DELISYUS
i blogged about manila ocean park after we went there last september.... and personally, i don't consider it a ripoff... sure, P400 isn't cheap but considering what they are offering (for sure, the cost of maintaining all those aquariums don't come cheap), it is value for money...

i don't think really small kids will appreciate it much though :)

http://mecsexy.smugmug.com/photos/376426677_7fq9k-S.jpg

i truly agree with you DELISYUS ...

even though I said that I can even see the fishes there by watching HD Discovery Channel or HD National Geographic but we should be thankful that a certain establishment is now near us ...

this is best for educational trips :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: