Manila Ocean Park, Behind Quirino Grandstand

Went to MOP with my family, and we were all excited coz it was our first time to go there, had to look hard for some parking space, then had to go through that long wait in line to get the tickets, and when we finally made in inside after a few tanks and a few twist and turn, came the tunnel and then the second floor and then we were done, everyone had the same expression..."Thats it???"

I know the place is new but for P400 pesos per person I would surely say it is a rip off, coz majority of the sea creatures I saw there I saw it for FREE at Bioresearch in Paranaque. And when I ask my kids if they would like to go back to MOP the answer is a resounding NNNNNOOOOOO.... go figure.

Edited by michael70
Went to MOP with my family, and we were all excited coz it was our first time to go there, had to look hard for some parking space, then had to go through that long wait in line to get the tickets, and when we finally made in inside after a few tanks and a few twist and turn, came the tunnel and then the second floor and then we were done, everyone had the same expression..."Thats it???"

I know the place is new but for P400 pesos per person I would surely say it is a rip off, coz majority of the sea creatures I saw there I saw it for FREE at Bioresearch in Paranaque. And when I ask my kids if they would like to go back to MOP the answer is a resounding NNNNNOOOOOO.... go figure.

I've been to similar parks at Hongkong, Sydney, Malaysia and Singapore, some with my kids.

We havent been to MOP, but with the reviews that I've read here I dont think my kids would like it.

the only problem with this park that's its kinda small.. area and the fishes.. if they just could add some really big fishes.. or just one really big one for a main attraction.. a whale shark, dolphins or whatsoever.. ang problema ang liliit e.. what kind of attraction wud u have to see actual ocean fishes that's really small.. take note the sharks in this park is just a huge as my arm or a just little bit larger than my arm.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

^^

a whale shark? are you serious? do you know how big those creatures are?

i think that there is one oceanarium that has a whale shark exhibit. and that is the one in okinawa which houses the biggest aquarium which is probably as big as the entire mop.

baby shark, they were small like an ordinary fish. IMHO this place is very educational if you are into marine life. what caught my attention was a small aquarium that shows the actual water condition in manila bay without treatment. grabe ang dumi. to my surprise, merong mga tahong shells na nabubuhay!

well for those who havent experience seeing fishes in large tanks this will do.... however as i have emphasize b4 bitin talaga lugar sana they should have integrated yong mga dolphin shows and other activity mauubos oras m s pila because the place is very small....sna nilakihan nila..... look at star city malaki floor space... an oceanarium? more like a glorified pet shop in cartimar.....

I went to Manila Aquarium (MOP) this morning . . .

Grabe ang sarap, walang pila! All the staff are very accomodating - syempre malaming ang ulo dahil walang gaanong makukulit na guest.

There are 2 ticket choices:

P400 entrance fee to the aquarium only (less 20% for guest with senior citizen ID, less 10% for Manila residents with valid ID with Manila address)

P500 entrance fee to the aquarium with 10 minuites fish spa and glass bottom boat ride.

I took the P500 entrance because I want to experience the fish spa and glass bottom boat ride as well. By the way, sa glass bottom boat ride ko nakita ang malaking moray eel.

Manila Aquarium gets its salt water supply from the Manila Bay, it is filtered before it is released to the aquarium. Wow, it is amazing how filtered water can support marine life, may pag-asa pa pala ang Manila Bay.

An irony is MA attempts to educate the public on saving the environment. Assuming that our bodies of water are free of pollution. Anyone who wants to view marine animals can just put on a snorkel & jump into the Manila Bay-which is free, how can MA attracts paying visitors?

i dont think 400 is justifiable...if its a question of economics then they should make it affordable so as many would patronize it...more people means more revenues and not the other way around...remember that this is not a place of novelty nor elitist's paradise...it should be open to all...its a showcase...di ba guys...

ive been there once and i was disappointed...i even tried to compare it with ocean adventure (which is completely a different set up) still no match and come to think of it the overhead maintenance of OA is much much more expensive than that of OP but still they can manage it to price reasonably...hayyy not to be racist pero kung utak TUBONG LUGAW talaga wala...

i dont think 400 is justifiable...if its a question of economics then they should make it affordable so as many would patronize it...more people means more revenues and not the other way around...remember that this is not a place of novelty nor elitist's paradise...it should be open to all...its a showcase...di ba guys...

ive been there once and i was disappointed...i even tried to compare it with ocean adventure (which is completely a different set up) still no match and come to think of it the overhead maintenance of OA is much much more expensive than that of OP but still they can manage it to price reasonably...hayyy not to be racist pero kung utak TUBONG LUGAW talaga wala...

Somehow I agree with you. This place is a bit over rated and overpriced. But, this is the only one available here in manila. Hopefully somone will develop somthing like an ocean park HK here. Impossible, but I hope someone catches is insane enough to spend that much money.

The trip here is "bitin" . Its like paying for an expensive 15min walk. anyway this are just my thoughts. ciao!

Somehow I agree with you. This place is a bit over rated and overpriced. But, this is the only one available here in manila. Hopefully somone will develop somthing like an ocean park HK here. Impossible, but I hope someone catches is insane enough to spend that much money.

The trip here is "bitin" . Its like paying for an expensive 15min walk. anyway this are just my thoughts. ciao!

If you come in between 12noon to 6pm, this place is a rip-off. Why? Because of the thick crowds.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...