Manila Ocean Park, Behind Quirino Grandstand

it is a good concept but there is a lot of room for improvement. it is incomplete and i hope that they pay attention to the details as they finish the project. you can see signs of poor welding and painting. but these are things that are easy to fix. the people flow is also a bit confusing and tight (but they should be able to correct this later on). although there is wheelchair and stroller access, these are not allowed in the exhibit area (duh!).

the exhibits are boring. the variety of fish is limited and the coral is either bleached white dead or obviously artificially colored. the guides need a lot of training because it is obvious that they do not know the fish.

save your Php400 until they improve this place. you're better off spending it in the clubs along quezon ave. and looking at their aquariums. at least there, you can swim with the fish.

Very good suggestion, I'll do that!

yup, much better if you visit later para tapos na lahat. although andun na ata lahat ng fish at marine animals, yung resto at hotel hindi pa tapos. too bad maliliit lang yung sharks dun, mas ok sana kung may malalaki!

hehehehe nakakatakot naman pag malaki :unsure: :rolleyes:

i was a bit dissapointed with the place it quite small compare to other foreign oceanarium.... tapos we used the name manila ocean park if we try to compare it the one in hongkong it really pales in comparison... just goes to show n we are really a third world country... plus the price they charge even though the facility is half finish harang talaga... baka mag charge cla ng mataas pagnacomplete yong buong facility... they should have done a lot better..... considering n this is not the only oceanarium this part of the world.... more animals... like sea lion or even turtle should be included to educate the patron... ive spoken to the guide may mga buwaya daw s may rainforest display kaso wala p daw dumadating... plus the fact n the place is quite small kaya the que of lines stretches as far as the eye can see.... they should do the soft opening with limited ticket only.... or for group tour muna.... we never learn kasi hihintay p b tayo ng may magstampede nanaman.... we are really good at organize chaos talaga..... the place is very crowded specially on weekends.... don't be greedy and have a vision naman....as they say if you build it they will come.... sana pinalaki na nila ng husto.....

Everyone has high expectation from this place.

Maybe there will be less criticism if the owners just renamed it as 'Luneta Aquarium'.

yap it suit the place talaga.... at least it wont come out as a copycat of sort with other oceanarium around the region..... so that people will not compare it with it namesake abroad.... i

went there with my family last Apr 7th, very disappointing, too much media hype less stuff to show.

(1) damn those queues, for 400bucks i must wait in line?

(2) cartimar in a good day has better stocks and variety.

(3) for 400bucks after a disappointing tour i sure deserve a short exit, but wait ... there's NONE. endure an uneventful long exit walk, hard selling the inhouse resto and souvenir shop.

(4) compared to Sydney, Singapore, US and HK, ours is just an aquarium.

(5) the petting area are supposedly the highlight of the tour, NONE. "you can't touch that" says the attendant. Hell for free you can touch anything you want to if you go to cartimar, even black tip sharks 3 ft long.

(6) it's greedy to offer a service that's half-baked.

(7) too few exhibits, nothing expectacular to brag about, obscene entrance fee.

3K+ in less than an hour, robbery I say.

My visit there was very disappointing kasi yung mga staff dun mga walang GMRC!!!

Napakabastos lalo na yung mga undercover security.....

Kaya sa mga pupunta d2,Think 2wice

para hindi masayang ang $400.oo nyo :thumbsdownsmiley:

dapat makarating sa kanila itong mga comments natin eh, the staffs are indeed rude. The chaotic crowd shouldn't be their excuse for being rude...very novice and amateurish ang dating nila. sa susunod kong visit sa MOP baka masigawan ko na yang mga hinayupak na yan :thumbsdownsmiley:

well for me... it really needs a lot of improvement...

went there around a few weeks back...

it still has a lot to go for infrastructure wise....

lets see...

the 1st thing = the place is so hot... (lobby area) maybe they could add a little more fans there...

2nd= this place is just a walk through.. it only takes less than an hour to go to everyplace...(took us 30 mins for the tour and 15 for lining up)

3rd = maybe they could add some benches for people to enjoy the place and to just relax.. (hmmm saw old people around that was dying to sit)

4th = this can not be compared to other places... especially to well established one already like in HK..

5th = the place is small.. they should really add more things around...(good thing a mall would be placed beside it)

6th = it was a bit discouraging that the exit was through a small stairwell that was not really fixed or furnished... plus the fact that they had

to put a table just so that the customers would forcible walk through their gift shop...

7th = in connection with 6 well the way to the exit involves walking through their fine dinning restaurant... hmmm kinda irritating i guess

8th = the only good thing is that it is accessible for many FIL rather than going out of the country to see a nice aquarium.. and

also i guess this would be a good place for grade school field trips (sad to say there were no personal tour groups/guides (unlike zoobic)... there were only staff positioned at different areas to assist the people around... but.. it ended up as if they were just guards...)

9th = for the moment.. the price is not value for your money...

it is how one member puts it... = ROBBERY

just my opinion....

dapat makarating sa kanila itong mga comments natin eh, the staffs are indeed rude. The chaotic crowd shouldn't be their excuse for being rude...very novice and amateurish ang dating nila. sa susunod kong visit sa MOP baka masigawan ko na yang mga hinayupak na yan :thumbsdownsmiley:

why there must be a soft opening for it? di ko maintindihan? or baka wala na silang pambayad sa contructors so DOT was force to open to public. Imagine 3,000 viewers X 400 a day X 30 days 31,200,000 a month? (iyan yung sinabi ni Dean barbers sa TV at ipinagyayabang pa) eh kung ganyan sa loob ng 6 ng buwan bawi na pala sila. Di pa tapos yung mga restaurant at may percentage sales pa sila aside sa rental fee coolection from the establishment......ang gobyerno nga naman......

400 at di pa full swing operation its not worth it. Kung ganyan pala may suggestion ako

1. 400 dapat may kasama 2 bottle mineral water at towelltte.

2. Then hindi sila pwd basta magpapasok ng tao and tour the whole facilty alone.

3. They have to group by 30 and have tour guides explaining whats inside. Oh eh di may crowd control na tayo each group will have a 10 minutes interval para di magkasalubong.

4. Each group dapat may tour leader staff sa harapan with a megaphone or speaker phone to talk loud enough so that people can hear what he/she is talking about then may isa pang staff sa likod taga push at sasabihin lakad na ho dahil may kasunod pa.

5. kung ganyan yung set up I be happy to spend 400 each

6. at the end of the tour collect all plastci empty bottles and teach all viewers about proper waste and recycling method, at every time the Oceanarium colletcs all plastic empty bottles they will sell it at recycling plant yung pera nabenta nila ay pang subsidy sa mga batang di kaya makapasok diyan...and this is also a way to help other poor children to get a chance to see whats inside.

ipinapakita talagang hindi marunong magpatakbo ng negosyo itong DOT na ito