Manila Ocean Park, Behind Quirino Grandstand

lot of bad reviews, but i read that operator is a singaporean registered firm

let's wait for further developments so we can also be proud of our own ocean park

Singaporean registered firm? IMHO, in Singapore we were allowed to pet their sharks.

let's wait . . . proud of our own ocean park.

Here's a better way to put it:

let's wait . . . proud of our own aquarium.

hindi talaga worth it.

p400 for a very hot place. there are insufficient visuals and attractions to even demand that price.

The place is poorly laid out.

The place is very very small and you can loiter in 15 minutes and see everything already

gosh... not even a good place to go. definitely rated as one of the RIP OFFS and "not worth it" places to go.

Shanghai and HK have similar setups but their place is gorgeous and really worth it.

i even got a video of the manila ocean park staff telling people that you cannot go back to a certain place after you have passed it. i am not even talking about the last exit. Its just the exit from the tunnel... and no return na????? tsssss

Edited by IQ Zero

been here last month. it took me 30 mins to view everything. harang the entrance fee. and dont go up the 2nd floor quickly where they say meron pa sa taas. it's just a pond and a fish spa. once you're at the 2nd floor you cannot come back anymore. i think this rule is very unfriendly. we paid for it so we have the right to view again if we want to. better to wait when there are malls already by yearend para maraming mapuntahan.

been here last month. it took me 30 mins to view everything. harang the entrance fee. and dont go up the 2nd floor quickly where they say meron pa sa taas. it's just a pond and a fish spa. once you're at the 2nd floor you cannot come back anymore. i think this rule is very unfriendly. we paid for it so we have the right to view again if we want to. better to wait when there are malls already by yearend para maraming mapuntahan.

Thanks for the warning.

• 1 month later...

Planning to visit this place on June 7, camera and videocam allow b inside ocenarium, and any infomation p po, so the expenses will be worth it. Thank you very much!

Guest Sniglet

i agree with most everyone here that the place still needs a lot of improvement in terms of infrasturcture, services and information dissemination. in fairness to manila ocean park, one can see the ongoing construction and maybe we just have to wait and see after everything shall have been finished. i heard there will be a hotel or a place to stay nearby or in the area.

the oceanarium is quite small compared to others in asia and the rest of the world. hope they will expand the oceanarium and improve everything inside in order to attract not only foreign tourists but more filipinos who have not gone outside the country. the experience though is educational for first time visitors of an oceanarium/aquarium.

Just like in some moviehouses (ie Rockwell): single viewing only.

mahenchanted lkingdom n lang kayo one to sawa p ride... then go to cartimar to view the pets libre p.... hehehe o kaya drop by bioresearch dyan s sucat educational p... sayang lang pera nyo its a rip off talaga... if you have enough money might as well go abroad to hongkong sulit p gastos nyo... e nagtayo cla ng mall na katabi di p b tayo sawa s mall... nandiyan yong mall of asia greenbelt glorieta... dapat inextend mla yong auaarium nla to the other side... kung gusto nyo aquarium n mas malaki madami at magaganda mga isda dyan s quezon ave.... hehehehe

mahenchanted lkingdom n lang kayo one to sawa p ride... then go to cartimar to view the pets libre p.... hehehe o kaya drop by bioresearch dyan s sucat educational p... sayang lang pera nyo its a rip off talaga... if you have enough money might as well go abroad to hongkong sulit p gastos nyo... e nagtayo cla ng mall na katabi di p b tayo sawa s mall... nandiyan yong mall of asia greenbelt glorieta... dapat inextend mla yong auaarium nla to the other side... kung gusto nyo aquarium n mas malaki madami at magaganda mga isda dyan s quezon ave.... hehehehe

Puede ka pa sumisid! :boo:

dont get me wrong for this comment ... but one of the reasons the manila ocean park was conceptualized was to attrct both local and foreign tourist... its not about affordability its about showcasing the best and what you can see about our archiphelago without the benifitting of going into the various dive site that we have.... what they have presented was a very poor copy cat of various oceanarium around the region... im dissapointed not because of the money but rather we should have made a better effort into showcasing the best.... heck si SM may MALL of ASIA which is one of the largest MALL this part of the world....why cant we do better... e ang lawak ng MANILA BAY AREA.... its the mentality that hurt us... yong pwede n attitude... pagtiyagaan na lang natin n attitude... kaya were in a rot n having that mentality for the past 10 years....

dont get me wrong for this comment ... but one of the reasons the manila ocean park was conceptualized was to attrct both local and foreign tourist... its not about affordability its about showcasing the best and what you can see about our archiphelago without the benifitting of going into the various dive site that we have.... what they have presented was a very poor copy cat of various oceanarium around the region... im dissapointed not because of the money but rather we should have made a better effort into showcasing the best.... heck si SM may MALL of ASIA which is one of the largest MALL this part of the world....why cant we do better... e ang lawak ng MANILA BAY AREA.... its the mentality that hurt us... yong pwede n attitude... pagtiyagaan na lang natin n attitude... kaya were in a rot n having that mentality for the past 10 years....

in a nut shell... in total agreement!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Very well said, if SM could build one of the largest mall in the world - which we could be proud of. There is no excuse for Manila Ocean Park to build a so-so aquarium & call it an 'ocean park'.

In the meantime, while waiting for a decent 'ocean park', there are very nice dive sites in Alinao, Batangas & Mactan, Cebu which could showcase our vast marine life to the world.

Edited by johnlove