Mini Laptops

"better" is a relative term. go for acer one aspire. because of the atom processor, expect longer battery life. hassle lang talaga kasi ang MSI wind because it shipped with the 3-cell battery instead of the 6-cell battery.

redfox on the other hand.. maganda rin ang amd, although walang webcam as compared to the three you mentioned. oo nga pala, ang blue H1 bumabagsak na ang presyo nya, nasa 14K range na siya. just wait for august pati ang mga eee bababa na rin ng price (expect around 12k range for the 701) as the next quarter is coming up, meaning new products and new models.

I'm holding out for a Dell-do.

hehehe. my bad. I'm holding out for a Dell-E!

would you recommend Blue's H1...

Guest Leviticus
would you recommend Blue's H1...

my sister has this. ok sa kanya. good for downloading music and office application. heck, may wifi sa bahay so kahit sa cr you can use it. I've posted this from another forum, hth in your laptop decision:

blue H1. Out of the box it's thicker and wider as compared to the EEE we all know and love. the linpus OS is like all linux distros designed for UMPCs.. big tabs/icons.

anyway, we had the linpus converted to windows xp. Yahoo messenger is not a yahoo experience without webcam..

on winxp OS it runs fast (1 gb naman kasi ang memory). I actually found myself grinning, remembering how I was customizing winxp and ms office on my asus eee 4g. on an H1 you don't have to worry on disc space.

but in comparison to an eee..

pros:

*an H1 has longer battery life

*an H1 has a clearer screen; sharper and not gritty like the eee

*easier to type keyboard as my fingers can intuitively type now (thanks in part to the eee) but I feel as though the keys are a bit bigger.

*left and right mouse buttons below the trackpad do not feel as though it will come off

*bigger storage

*the H1 is designed in such a way that the unit seems to be tilted/inclined towards you, giving you a more "ergonomic" feel when you type.

cons:

*sounds suck (as compared to the eee).

*it's heavier

*the unit becomes noisy once the fan kicks in

*only 2 USB slots

*slower startup and shutdown times

*webcam resolution is a bit on the downside

*the hard disc and wifi indicator lights are located just above the keyboard. the blinking led gets annoying after awhile especially since *it's directly in your line of sight. mas cute ang led indicator lights ng eee

• 4 weeks later...
Practical buy ba ito mga bro?

:thumbsupsmiley: JUST BOUGHT ONE TODAY WALA KASI NAG REPLAY SA QUESTION KO YESTERDAY :thumbsupsmiley:

:thumbsupsmiley: WOW BEST PRICE GOT IT AT 27K 2GB MEM. 80GB HARDRIVE 1YEAR 2PAY 0% :thumbsupsmiley:

:thumbsupsmiley: VALUE FOR MONEY :thumbsupsmiley:

^ano kaya difference nung 1000h sa 701 series ko, aside from the memory?

i changed my OS na pala from Linux to windows xp. it consumed less than 1gb. my friend was kind enough to include 8gb sd card where ms office is installed. in alll, i have 12gb of memory na :) ang hirap lang ng XP kasi parang ang liit nya, di ko masyadong mabasa. unlike in Linux, which is specially made for eee pc kaya tama lang yung size ng fonts. but anyway, mas ok pa rin ang xp kasi i get to use ym with webcam :)

^ano kaya difference nung 1000h sa 701 series ko, aside from the memory?

i changed my OS na pala from Linux to windows xp. it consumed less than 1gb. my friend was kind enough to include 8gb sd card where ms office is installed. in alll, i have 12gb of memory na :) ang hirap lang ng XP kasi parang ang liit nya, di ko masyadong mabasa. unlike in Linux, which is specially made for eee pc kaya tama lang yung size ng fonts. but anyway, mas ok pa rin ang xp kasi i get to use ym with webcam :)

:thumbsupsmiley: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ASUS EEE 701 AND ASUS EEE 1000H ITS A LOT 1ST INTEL ATOM SYA THEN 2ND 10INCH AGAINST 7INCH 3RD THE KEYPAD ARE VERY 94%CLOSE TO THE REGULAR LAPTOPS UNLIKE ASUS 701 PO 4TH ITS 2GB MEMORY THEN 80GB HARDDRIVE MAX 320GB HARDRIVE BRO HOPE IT WILL CONVINCE U TO SWITCH 2 ASUS EEE1000H ITS THE BEST :thumbsupsmiley:

:hypocritesmiley: BILI KA SA PC CORNER ITS VERY CHEAP NA OR INQUIRE SA OTHER COMPUTER SHOPS :hypocritesmiley:

ITS WINDOWS XP

Edited by tanyen
Guest Leviticus
i think this sucks

very limited ang pwede mong gawin with this laptop. kasi walang dvdrom, walang HD

i would go dun sa counterpart nya from HP

errr.. wala ring dvd drive yung counterpart nya sa HP so limited rin ang magagawa mo dun :goatee:

Just bought one two mondays ago and I find all things in order as of now. The only drawback is that it has no optical drives since this notebook is primarily designed for web surfing and typing e-mails. It is, however, powerful enough to run most of the good games in the market, specially if they gave you a free upgrade to 2GB RAM. I am using the EEPC as I write this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello guys,

I'm a newbie here. I dont know s@%t about computer hardware but maybe you guys can recommend, advice and suggest me a good notebook with good memory. My budget is only up to 18,000. Hpe you guys are willing to help me. Thank you

:rolleyes: BRO I THINK UR BUDGET IS GOOD FOR MSI WIND 10INCH 1GB MEMORY AND 80GB HARDRIVE MGA 19K :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
yah am planning to install windows xp sa 2gb na eepc kaso need pala ng cdrom :-(

no cdrom like asus a100.

i think this sucks

very limited ang pwede mong gawin with this laptop. kasi walang dvdrom, walang HD

i would go dun sa counterpart nya from HP

hmmmm u can squeeze the ms office in a usb drive then run it from there. or u can download movies via frostwire or torrent.

the primary function of this laptop is for you to connect ur life to the internet thats all. but the graphics are great to run nice 3d games na rin.

• 2 weeks later...