Mini Laptops

Guest Leviticus
Saw in the May Edition of T3 Phils

The RedFox Wizbook

with 8" & 10" screen variants

thanks. I haven't seen this in any of the shops here in baguio (although limited lang ako sa mga computer shops in SM baguio). I've browsed through the internet on this.

huhu.. walang cam :(

i bought two of these 4g eee babies... one for me, one for LB

here are the specs:

- converted to windows xp (lite)

- office xp, ym, etc.

- 2 GB RAM

- 16 GB HCSD Memory Card

so we both have 20GB of HD Space :thumbsupsmiley:

i plan to get a high capacity storage to dump the files

from my PC and my laptop. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by wildnutzz
i bought two of these 4g eee babies... one for me, one for LB

here are the specs:

- converted to windows xp (lite)

- office xp, ym, etc.

- 2 GB RAM

- 16 GB HCSD Memory Card

so we both have 20GB of HD Space :thumbsupsmiley:

i plan to get a high capacity storage to dump the files

from my PC and my laptop. :thumbsupsmiley:

Doesn't that add up to just 18 G of memory? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 701 4GB model added 1GB Ram and 8GbSD so I', running with 20GB. suits my needs...

I saw a 25K eeepc 900 at megamall cyberzone. Mostly like units brought in from Taiwan

I hope Asus makes this competitive and widely available coz as some others have pointed out 25K can get you a higher powered, bigger storage notebook.

I'm waiting for the Intel Atom powered versions (model 900 or 1000) with the 5800mpa batteries... if they sell under 22K-25K

Guest Leviticus
Bought a 701 4GB model added 1GB Ram and 8GbSD so I', running with 20GB. suits my needs...

I saw a 25K eeepc 900 at megamall cyberzone. Mostly like units brought in from Taiwan

I hope Asus makes this competitive and widely available coz as some others have pointed out 25K can get you a higher powered, bigger storage notebook.

I'm waiting for the Intel Atom powered versions (model 900 or 1000) with the 5800mpa batteries... if they sell under 22K-25K

err.. correction lang: 4+8 =12

that's the caveat isn't it.. to get a small laptop/supnotebook that is under 20k price, that weighs less than 1 pound, that is suited for light office work and mobile browsing; or to buy a 3-4 pound laptop that has more power and higher storage capacity.

no offense but nagtataka lang ako sa ibang mga users ng eee.. why do you need to install 1 Gb of RAM when the stock 512 Mb RAM is more than enough for winxp and office applications? heck, I can run a full xp install with office applications and desktop publishing on a P3-intel 700 and 128 Mb RAM.

I believe upgrading the RAM to 1 Gb depletes the battery faster..

Guest Leviticus
yun astone is touch screen, which one is better? eee or other brands? asus seems to be more durable..as with my experience with motherboards, except their cdrom drives... not sure about umpc of asus kung ok ba...any feed backs?

ganito na lang..

since astone has a hard disc drive as compared to an asus eee with solid-state drive.. the big difference is moving parts. ibagsak mo ang astone mo.. may malaking possiblity na nakalog ang hard drive.

ibagsak mo ang eee.. since wlang moving parts ang SSD then walang naalog. I've seen youtube videos where the asus eee is dropped from the 2nd floor of a house and still functioning.

err.. correction lang: 4+8 =12

that's the caveat isn't it.. to get a small laptop/supnotebook that is under 20k price, that weighs less than 1 pound, that is suited for light office work and mobile browsing; or to buy a 3-4 pound laptop that has more power and higher storage capacity.

no offense but nagtataka lang ako sa ibang mga users ng eee.. why do you need to install 1 Gb of RAM when the stock 512 Mb RAM is more than enough for winxp and office applications? heck, I can run a full xp install with office applications and desktop publishing on a P3-intel 700 and 128 Mb RAM.

I believe upgrading the RAM to 1 Gb depletes the battery faster..

Oopps Sorry... yes it is 12Gb I keep counting the 8gb usb that's usually attached.

I got a 6ish pound 15.4" notebook 3 yrs back and almost had a bad back from lugging it around so i'm pretty content with something lighter and smaller than the last Harry Potter book.

The upgrade was free as part of the package from one of the store along gilmore. Its true about the ram issue, I ran xp and office on a 400 Celeron with 128mb ram for a few years til the mboard died, but I'm still haunted by Bill Gates remark that 640kb should be enough ram for anyone so now I try to as much ram is comfortable pricewise.

I'll run some tests on battery life with just 512 vs 1gb and get back to you. thanks.

Meron bang nabibiling battery for this? Ang bilis kasing ma-drain pag surfing via wifi.

I recently bought a laptop bag specifically designed for asus eee pc. Cute sya kasi maliit. Its a sling bag with just right cushioning. But im still looking for other laptop bags na pang girl ang itsura. Baka may alam kayo. Karamihan kasi pang 13" monitor..

Guest Leviticus
having a hard time choosing with eeepc and the influx of ohter subnotebooks and umpc from other brands... baka maghintay muna ko for a while see which will be best in the long run... better to see first hand how each perform.

hintay na lang tayo when magdadagsaan nanaman ang mga new umpc. i'm holding out for a Dell-E umpc coming out this august. resist the temptation muna ako. dumating na rin yung UMPC ng HP pero I'm not that impressed with the reviews that are coming out.. especially with the retail price. MSI has also come out with the Wind but there are issues with battery life.

Meron bang nabibiling battery for this? Ang bilis kasing ma-drain pag surfing via wifi.

I recently bought a laptop bag specifically designed for asus eee pc. Cute sya kasi maliit. Its a sling bag with just right cushioning. But im still looking for other laptop bags na pang girl ang itsura. Baka may alam kayo. Karamihan kasi pang 13" monitor..

try visiting this site/forum for all your eee needs:

http://eeeph.com/index.php/topic,70.0.html

Edited by IQ Zero
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Leviticus
i wont buy this. id rather get the hp mini which packs 160 gbs at almost the same price. it also has a webcam and can be installed with windows

errr...

it's NOT the same price.

HP2133 is worth a minimum of 25K without windows vista

Asus EEE 701 is now priced at 15K with OS. salpakan mo lang ng SD cards (I saw a 16Gb class 6 card at CD-R king a week ago) pwede na as a mobile laptop.

and.. HP2133 is a turtle when it comes to windows vista, has no drivers for winXP

Guest Leviticus
which has the better processor...

acer one blue and msi wind uses intel atom while red fox has amd as processor...

"better" is a relative term. go for acer one aspire. because of the atom processor, expect longer battery life. hassle lang talaga kasi ang MSI wind because it shipped with the 3-cell battery instead of the 6-cell battery.

redfox on the other hand.. maganda rin ang amd, although walang webcam as compared to the three you mentioned. oo nga pala, ang blue H1 bumabagsak na ang presyo nya, nasa 14K range na siya. just wait for august pati ang mga eee bababa na rin ng price (expect around 12k range for the 701) as the next quarter is coming up, meaning new products and new models.

I'm holding out for a Dell-do.

hehehe. my bad. I'm holding out for a Dell-E!

"better" is a relative term. go for acer one aspire. because of the atom processor, expect longer battery life. hassle lang talaga kasi ang MSI wind because it shipped with the 3-cell battery instead of the 6-cell battery.

redfox on the other hand.. maganda rin ang amd, although walang webcam as compared to the three you mentioned. oo nga pala, ang blue H1 bumabagsak na ang presyo nya, nasa 14K range na siya. just wait for august pati ang mga eee bababa na rin ng price (expect around 12k range for the 701) as the next quarter is coming up, meaning new products and new models.

I'm holding out for a Dell-do.

hehehe. my bad. I'm holding out for a Dell-E!

hmmm.... thanks bro... by august ko balak bumili... usually kasi by that month eh bumababa mga presyo ng bilihin... ehehehehe