How Can I Quit Smoking?

Strong Self Willl ang sagot d2. kasi if hindi ka talaga desidido , kahit anong treatment gawin walang silbi.

ako 3 yrs na hindi nag smoke ng cigarette BUT nag vavape ako hehe. May times sa work kasi sobrang stress sumabay pa lovelife yung tipong panay de-stress ako via Yosi. so parang natakot na ako kasi one time nagising ako YOSI agad hanap ko. tpos almost nakaka 1 pack a day na ako. so ayun na realize ko lang na nakakatakot na . kaya nag opt ako into vaping mas less nicotine. 

sa Vaping naman it will not work for everryone. nagkataon lang habol ko talaga sa yosi ay hagod while some nicotine talaga. so ayun 3 yrs vaping tpos lately almost 3 weeks na ako nde nag vavape kasi tamad ako mag build ng cotton ko hahaha. so un nmn tlga ang process ng vaping . From Cigs to vape to slowly quitting. 

Haven't smoked a cigarette for almost a year now. I've tried multiple times before for the last few years to quit, but now lang consistently I've succeeded. Alternative became the key for me, specifically vaping. Another important thing is self control, just like what the others have said. Keep reminding yourself why you're trying to quit.

For the first few weeks, malakas talaga temptation to light the cigarette, so really try to actively avoid situations where you feel the need to light one. After a month without smoking a cigarette, the taste of smoke is usually repulsive even for you na ex-smoker. So hopefully, its enough to turn you around from picking up smoking again. If not, self control and alternatives are the key. 

Finally, keep making up excuses to NOT smoke again. Any reason will do. Hassle bumili, expensive na ang yosi, mabaho sa kamay, bunganga, or to other people around you, etc. And definitely dont give in to peer pressure. I'm sure since you smoke, you also have friends who also smoke. So when you guys see each other and your friend offers you one, really try to decline. 

These are based on my experience and hopefully it could help you guys too. 

It depends din kung heavy smoker ka or occasional lang. For people na nag smoke dahil nandyan barkada, they can easily quit if they want to. For those na heavy smoker na hinahanap talaga, it will require self control until mawala na sa system niya. I don't smoke but this was what my friend told me. She's a heavy smoker. :)

Train yourself to have a very strong will power, and use that will power to control yourself from getting tempted from ever picking up a cigar/cigarette.

I myself was a heavy smoker before - we're talking about 40 or so sticks, and 1 or 2 cigars per day.

I quit cold turkey (Biglaan). I know hindi lahat kayang gawin yun, pero it all boils down to will power. You need to find a motivation why you want to quit smoking.

Me, I used my plan of getting married and start a family in the next two years (I quit 2013) as motivation to stop smoking. I used that motivation to fuel my will to prevent myself from ever smoking again. I haven't smoke for more than 8 years now.

Good luck, and more power to those who want to quit.

Edited by mrbig86
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Winner! (+1) 1