• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2021 at 6:56 PM, kano_d_great said:

It’s doable.

Find something to divert your urges to smoke. 

I find this true, just divert to something.

Smoker from 1st-2nd year in college. Then just stopped until now 23 years later. I always have a pen and hold it like a stick of cigarette whenever the urge comes. Worked for me...

• Like (+1) 1

Try not to smoke for a day or 3 days, then on the 3rd day congratulate your abstinence and try to keep up the streak for a week.

After a week congratulate yourself again for not smoking then add another week, then set a goal for a month. After that go for a morning walk and realize the morning air feels better in your lungs now.

By the time you've reach the second month, convince yourself not to lose that great streak you've made and to just keep on going. it wont be long when you've realized that its been a year since your last stick.

When fighting the urge, always remember that smoking increases the risk of almost all morbid diseases, and keep in mind the medical bills that will come with them someday.

I was a very heavy smoker for over 13 years. I used to finish a pack to 2 packs a day. The only device that helped me was a RELX vape. The closest I think to smoking a filtered cig. And a whole lot of motivation and will power.

Been out of it for more than a year now.