How Can I Quit Smoking?

• 2 weeks later...

There's no way around it. Smoking is bad for your health. Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body. Cigarette smoking causes 87 percent of lung cancer deaths. It is also responsible for many other cancers and health problems. These include lung disease, heart and blood vessel disease, stroke and cataracts. Women who smoke have a greater chance of certain pregnancy problems or having a baby die from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Your smoke is also bad for other people - they breathe in your smoke secondhand and can get many of the same problems as smokers do.

Stop, just stop. Ano mahirap dun? Its all in your head. Unless addiction yan na nanginginig ka na pag walang yosi. :)

Actually, smoking has been classified as a form of addiction. It's even thought to be more addictive than heroin.

During my first two weeks, the withdrawal was so bad I wanted to bang my head on the wall. My brain was so used to the nicotine that it kept sending me signals to smoke all the time. Good thing that lasted only a couple of weeks, then I have to fend myself against triggers, places or activities that usually made me smoke, such as after meals or even as simple as my walk home .

i started smoking since 2000 high schooldays yun tipong "nagsimula sa patikim tikim" tapos ayun lumakas na.

then i stop nung 2015. halos 1year na,

FYI dude my Dad was diagnose with a cancer yes " lung cancer".

ginawa ko lang yung sinabi ni BEARWIN MEILEY..

if you want to stop smoking its a 1 shot big stop

"di tama yung unti untiin ko bawasan" basta biglang hinto lang..

Mahirap at sobrang mahirap.

i divert my self into other things.

the benefit of running will help you.

saka mind over matter.

isipin mo " oh isang araw ako hndi nakapag yosi ahh"

bukas makalawa " sh!t 1 linggo na pala ako hnsi nagyoyosi"

after a month mwawala na sa katawan mo yung mga chemical sa ciggarette.

then never look back.. wag mo na ulit i try.

hope this will help.

• 3 weeks later...

i started smoking since 2000 high schooldays yun tipong "nagsimula sa patikim tikim" tapos ayun lumakas na.

then i stop nung 2015. halos 1year na,

FYI dude my Dad was diagnose with a cancer yes " lung cancer".

ginawa ko lang yung sinabi ni BEARWIN MEILEY..

if you want to stop smoking its a 1 shot big stop

"di tama yung unti untiin ko bawasan" basta biglang hinto lang..

Mahirap at sobrang mahirap.

i divert my self into other things.

the benefit of running will help you.

saka mind over matter.

isipin mo " oh isang araw ako hndi nakapag yosi ahh"

bukas makalawa " sh!t 1 linggo na pala ako hnsi nagyoyosi"

after a month mwawala na sa katawan mo yung mga chemical sa ciggarette.

then never look back.. wag mo na ulit i try.

hope this will help.

Aww thanks for sharing! I really want to stop my smoking habbit na talaga..

throw your lighter away, and dont be an idiot asking someone for a light or buying a new lighter.

find a hobby. for the most people i knew, some found peace in basketball, some in sailing, some in golf and tennis. some found it in baguio, find a reason why you want to quit. find yours.

• 3 weeks later...

meron ako parating candy or something to chew para malibang ako, tpos 1-4 sticks a day n lng, minsan 1-2days walang yosi. nahinto yun 1 pack a day simula nung na-hospitalize ako. ngyn im happy na dahan dahan hindi na hinahanap ng katawan ko. tpos tumatagal na ako sa biking, running and other sports mula nun tpos xmpre, mas matagal din sa kama(sex pa more) hindi ako hinihingal agad... hopefully it would stop one of this days. good luck sa paghinto guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's really hard to quit. When I discovered vaping, I tried it to see if it will help me somehow to lessen my smoking habit. I've been smoking cigs for so long, and I badly want to help myself. My friends were even begging me to stop. They were successful in quitting, hindi na nila hinahanap. They quit cold turkey. Pag na tripan during meet ups or gathering, they would sometimes smoke a stick or two, then that's it.

Unfortunately, for me, hindi ko kaya. Sa lahat ng friends ko, ako na lang yata nag smoke. Kaya they were surprised and happy at the same time when they learned that I switch to vaping. Medyo natakot ako when two of them said na dati daw akong chain smoker, parang di ko matanggap na ganun pala ako. I admit, it did help me. First 2 months, cigarette free ako. Then lately lang, I had some cheating moments; I went back to smoking (due to stress and I had vaper's tongue), but the good thing is, I can limit it up to two sticks lang and di ko na hinahanap talaga.

Well for me, better pa rin yung not cold turkey, mahirap eh. Again, that's just based on my experience. Big improvement na for me yung hindi na bumibili ng 1 pack of cigs. And I can control myself na, unlike before.

Looking forward na totally no to cigs na.