How Can I Quit Smoking?

Try Vaping. I was a smoker for 4 years. I switched to vaping a year ago and surprisingly, I don't crave for a smoke! I started with 6mg of nicotine gradually decreasing it til I vape 0mg nicotine of e-juices as we call it. Tried to stop it little by little and yeah, there comes a day or a week and even a month that I don't even crave for a smoke or vape.

Just give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Try Vaping. I was a smoker for 4 years. I switched to vaping a year ago and surprisingly, I don't crave for a smoke! I started with 6mg of nicotine gradually decreasing it til I vape 0mg nicotine of e-juices as we call it. Tried to stop it little by little and yeah, there comes a day or a week and even a month that I don't even crave for a smoke or vape.

Just give it a try.

Agree. Switched to vaping from pack and a half a day for over 10 years to less than 50ml of 3mg nic ejuice a week. Haven't craved for or touched a cig for almost a year now.

I quit cold turkey. It was torture. I wanted to eat and eat and eat. It went on for a year. I gained weight. Then i relapsed. Mas lumakas ako magyosi, about a pack a day. Then switched to vaping for 2 years. Then nagrelapse nanaman. I used to smoke lights, now reds na. Then i asked my wife to charge me 1k pesos whenever she smells that i smoked. After paying her 6k pesos, i decided that i will go bankrupt if i continue. i hope to finally end my battle with cigarette addiction. Last cold-turkey na ito, i hope.

I quit cold turkey. It was torture. I wanted to eat and eat and eat. It went on for a year. I gained weight. Then i relapsed. Mas lumakas ako magyosi, about a pack a day. Then switched to vaping for 2 years. Then nagrelapse nanaman. I used to smoke lights, now reds na. Then i asked my wife to charge me 1k pesos whenever she smells that i smoked. After paying her 6k pesos, i decided that i will go bankrupt if i continue. i hope to finally end my battle with cigarette addiction. Last cold-turkey na ito, i hope.

Kaya yan sir, basta pag dumating ang urge, labanan mo lang. Eventually all those urges will disappear.

Tsaka kahit ano pa mangyari, never take another puff. Ever.

Edited by c32

I'm a 4y/o vaper. Okay naman siya! Hindi na ako nag yosi siguro mga 2-3years ago. Kahit tikim. Sobrang baho na kasi ng usok ng yosi kung nasanay ka na sa mababangong juice flavors. But at the end of the day, tayo lang din ang makakapagsabi kung magququit or nakapag quit na ba talaga tayo sa smoking/vaping. It's all in our minds. Mas okay kung smoke-free ka na :)

its not easy if its an addiction....im not a smoker,my guy is...or should i say WAS.

we started our relationship, he was already a smoker. i didnt care at first,but ofcourse i started to really love him so i tried talking to him about quitting little by little...

beleive me it was NOT easy at all! haha itawa ko nalang kasi we had so many fights about it...almost gave up on him, but i tried everything and my last shot because i wanted him to live a healthy longer life.

prayer's also a part of helping him..and helping me to have MORE patience in helping him.

i cant really say he is a chain smoker. he was coping on how not to think of smoking everytime he is stressed..and i made sure im always there 24/7.... told him to think of me and not cigar when temptation is calling him..

fortunately, my nose is very sensitive, so i know whether he had one or not...

and am just glad that nowadays, he's ok without it even when he's stressed out with work.

am proud to be a. part of working progress;) basta step by step lang.....

quitting alone is very hard...so i suggest, u need to have a buddy along the way who's gonna support you. and u must submit to that person in any way cause u should know he or she is just doin it for your sake.

exercise more....to get the toxins out of your body and would lose the urge to have nicotine inside your system.

have candies or gums all the time with you. it helps with the craving.

change into a healthier diet.

talk to yourself whether you really want to lose it.

most of all, prayers:)

nice... hopefully i could stop smoking...

• 2 weeks later...

i did it but it wont be easy, pero if you think about other people's well being and not just about yourself mas magiging madali. kasi palagi natin nirarason sa mga taong nagpapatigil satin na katawan natin to buhay natin di natin kaya mawala sa sistema natin, okay lang to kaya ng katawan ko to, yung mga ganyang linya at pagdadahilan pang sarili lang yan. when you consider other people for example may anak ka na, napakasama sa baby ang nic kahit yung ultimo yung kamay pinanghawak mo ng yosi mo na hinugasan mo ng sabon ay di rin uubra pag hinawakan mo na yung anak mo, or yung kaibigan ko na humina yung baga at nagkaTB dahil palaging nakakalanghap ng 2nd hand smoke saming magkakaibigan, pag umabot na sa point na nagbantay ka sa kaibigan mo na napuno ng tubig yung lungs at muntik na mamatay at nagcontribute ka sa konsidyon na siguro magbabago ka

i have been smokeless for 6 years already. i did it cold turkey.

i took up cycling as a hobby and exercise and set a goal for myself that i would improve endurance and strength for those long and steep climbs.

i guess in quitting, you have to have the discipline and determination but you also have to have a reason and have to set a goal in doing so.

Smoking is my stress reliever and so it's really not easy for me to just quit. I tried quitting gradually but everytime I do that my craving will just heightened and I go back to square one. I am really amazed by the people who did quitting and actually doing it. I think the best way is to surround yourself with people who are trying to quit smoking. That way you'll be indulged with the norm of quitting and be guiltily minded by the people surrounding you.