The PC and Laptop Repair Guide

Laptop is a Compaq Presario c500. Nahulog siya. Umandar pero yung display has shifted to the left and to upwards. Baka puwede ma tulongan.

Everything is okay. Except for the display. Yung laptop kasi walang dial unlike sa CRT na may horizontal at vertical control. At yung mga bago may mga auto setting.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/puretuts/DSC_0447.jpg

already tried crl+alt+ arrow keys

does not work.

i also re-installed the driver of the videocard, ganoon pa rin.

already tried and external monitor both lcd and crt, the display is normal. I made a screenshot normal din ang labas. I had to use my cam to get a picture.

HARD DISK PROBLEM....

Need Help mga bossing...

Biglang nag blue screen tapos di na ma detect Western Digital na SATA... pede p ba ma recover yung mga data?

any one naka encounter na?

i have a hunch na hindi naman tinamaan yung data mo dyan. try to connect it to another SATA compatible unit.

gud day po mga bossing .. im new here at manila tonight. i dont know where to post this subject. feel free po na tangalin nyo report ko as you wish . concern lang po ako sa nakita kong possible hole in the system ,if considered na vulnerabilities ito.

details::

http://manilatonight.com/uploads/monthly_06_2008/ <<-------- change mo lang dates on months or year and makikita mo

tree of files including jpegs. and IPb files. ganito po ba tlga ito? if ever na may members na para sa kanya lang yung pictures .possible na ma view ng iba.

ex:.

http://manilatonight.com/uploads/monthly_06_2008/ << ----- original

http://manilatonight.com/uploads/monthly_04_2009/ << -------replace month and year

• 3 weeks later...
To the experts, I have installed AVAST Antivirus in my laptop (OS-Vista Premium) downloaded here at MTC. When the Antivirus expires, I try to uninstall using an Uninstaller software. The problem is the notification window of the antivirus still appears during boot-up and I cannot delete its start-up program even using some known softwares (it is protected). I have check also its folder in the program files directory and I found out that still existing and also cannot be deleted. Is there any option to delete the antivirus folder and its start-up program aside from formatting the HD?

FIRST OPTION:

1. run msconfig

2. go to start up tab

3. uncheck the AshDisp

4. reboot

5. try to uninstall.

SECOND OPTION:

boot in safe mode and uninstall it from there.

Mga Bossing

Need po ng help, i need a good and honest pc tech

home service po may isang desktop ako that needs

to be upgraded at isang pc laptop nedds to be check

kung ano ang puedeng i upgrade dito

PA PM NA LNG PO ANG DETAILS CONTACT DETAILS

TEL NO OR CP IF YOU KNOW SOMEBODY WHO CAN HELP

THANKS

S.P.

where is your location? might be able to help you.

• 4 weeks later...
I just got myself a new LT (ASUS K40IJ series) - it has no OS with it so I installed it with Windows XP (although it is already ready for Vista).

The problem is I wasn't able to do disk partition when I installed it... (So I only have Drive C)

Is there any way for me to still create a Drive D (partition) without re-installing everything from scratch?

If I have to start from scratch, how can I make such a partition?...

TIA!

heard partitionmagic could do that HTH

To the experts, I have installed AVAST Antivirus in my laptop (OS-Vista Premium) downloaded here at MTC. When the Antivirus expires, I try to uninstall using an Uninstaller software. The problem is the notification window of the antivirus still appears during boot-up and I cannot delete its start-up program even using some known softwares (it is protected). I have check also its folder in the program files directory and I found out that still existing and also cannot be deleted. Is there any option to delete the antivirus folder and its start-up program aside from formatting the HD?

this one is kinda risky..so you'd probably need to think twice before doing it...but this one of the things that i will try out....

note: be sure to back up your registry or your files first before you try this

- open the registry editor [start run type regedit]

- click edit and then find or just press ctrl-f

- type in avast

- click find next and then its gonna search the registry for any avast entries

- if it finds one just delete it

- just continue on pressing f3 until it finishes searching the registry

another way would be to check the following registry entries

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows

Values named Run & Load

if you avast listed under those keys - delete it from there. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

question i have a cq40 laptop, windows 7 beta na OS gamit ko, AMD turion it shuts down by itself....help pls.

*ruled out the battery - naka rekta na sa power adaptor still shuts down

*did a system restore on a date kung san wala pa syang ganung sakit - still shuts down

*im thinking na baka dahil pag mainit na processor it triggers the shutdown, pero sa aircondition room it still shuts down even when im just browsing the web

*when the laptop shuts down, parang its normal for it no shutdown, kasi mag nag shut down usually pag boot mag prompts na mag chkdsk or do scan for any pc and laptop, sa akin wala eh it shuts down, everything goes off, pag on ko, parang wala lang...its like its normal for it to shutdown

is it possible dahil may virus or hardware na talga? need help

question i have a cq40 laptop, windows 7 beta na OS gamit ko, AMD turion it shuts down by itself....help pls.

alam ko na problema mo bro.. im a windows 7 user din. alam ko ang beta is up to aug 2009 lang and it will auto shutdown talaga b4 the expiration ends.

ur solution is to download the windows 7 Release Candidate and it is available for grabs til aug 20 ata. bsta.. backup ur files na and do the locomotion. hehe.. reformat na.. goodluck

how much kaya for a UP key replacement?

for the HP TX2500z? tablet pc?

nawawala yung sakin eh waaa :(

where din kaya pwede?

thanks

i dont think they'll replace just one key...it should be the whole keyboard that needs to be replaced.

check out ebay for refurbished ones...or check it out online...