The PC and Laptop Repair Guide

got a problem with my laptop, keyboard seems to have a glitch, kahit kabitan ko ng external keyboard ganun pa din, can this problem still be fixed?

TIA :thumbsupsmiley:

this is what i would do :

if onboard keyboard and external keyboard (regardless if its a wireless one or a USB). malamang sa hindi di na ito hardware issue.

I would probably test the keyboard functionality on safe mode too (wala namang masama kung gagawin un)

possible reasons :

-software running at the background

-virus, spyware, adware, rootkit etc

- sticky keys are activated.

malamang sa hindi OS na yan.

Edited by Saeki®
Access Denied (license_expired)

A license has expired on the Proxy, and your request is not permitted: "The SGOS license has expired"

A new license must be obtained.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Please HELP!!!!

Eto po: Depende sa IP address na makuha ng modem mo sa Globe (kung Dynamic IP ang account mo), may mga pagkakataon na mailalagay yung IP address ng modem mo sa likod ng isang transparent proxy server (whether you like it or not). Dahil dito, makakaranas ka kung minsan ng mga "weird" na pangyayari sa pag-browse mo or paggamit ng Internet. Halimbawa: Nag-login ka naman ng tama sa Yahoo! pero ibang account ang nagpapakita sa browser mo, Yung site na bina-browse mo is out of date (old) pero kahit anong refresh mo eh hindi mag-update, etc.)...

Ideally kasi, dapat "clear" yung communication lines between you (your modem) and the Internet server you are trying to reach. Proxies, which sit in-between you and the Internet, may introduce filters or content management which can hamper direct communications to servers on the Internet.

Maraming ISP, hindi lang dito sa Pilipinas, ang gumagamit ng ganitong technology para ma-control nila or ma-regulate yung usage ng customer/s sa network resources ng mga ISP... Halimbawa, maaari kang lagyan ng limitasyon sa pag-download gamit ng BitTorrent, or sa Rapidshare, or Kazaa, etc. Bukod diyan, sa pamamagitan din kasi ng proxy, maaari kang ma-monitor sa activities mo on the web (i.e. sites you visit, files you download, etc. etc.)...

gGot the explanation from this website : http://www.pinoydsl.net/viewtopic.php?p=320761

personally, i would check the lan settings (if my computer is not within a network I would just choose automatically detect settings and disable the proxy setting.

kutob ko lang di browser issue yan. but you could download another browser if you want. kung sgusto mo mag scan ka narin nang computer. wala rin namang masama na gawin mo ung (some viruses do install/change the ip addresses. i usually go to the host file and check if there are ny ip addresses there di dapat nandun. i usually just leave the 127.0.0.1)

Windows 7: What You Should Know About XP Mode

Windows 7 is doing much better out of the gate than Windows Vista did. As good as the OS roll out is going, there are still legacy devices out there that don't have drivers and software updates to work with Windows 7. The vast masses of users who have held on to Windows XP are particularly vulnerable to this issue which is why Microsoft created XP Mode virtualization to ease the pain of transition.

XP Mode is a complete, licensed copy of Windows XP with Service Pack 3 contained in a virtual hard disk (VHD) that runs under Windows Virtual PC. XP-mode enables you to run Windows XP from within Windows 7. You can add USB devices and seamlessly access the drives on the host Windows 7 system. Most importantly, Windows XP-mode lets you use Windows 7, while still providing a platform for you to use legacy hardware that is not compatible with Windows 7.

There is a catch though. Windows XP Mode is only available for the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions of Windows 7. The millions of consumers who are still using Windows XP and are considering whether or not to switch to Windows 7 Home Premium do not have the benefit of leveraging XP Mode to connect older hardware or incompatible software.

The core components required for Windows XP Mode are built in to the operating system, but you have to download Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode separately. Even though Windows Home Premium users can not use Windows XP Mode, you can still use Windows Virtual PC to create your own virtual computer environments.

There is another catch as well. The computer hardware that you install Windows 7 and Windows XP Mode on must support hardware-assisted virtualization. What makes this a particularly sticky catch is that it sort of contradicts the purpose of Windows XP Mode. If you are still running Windows XP and using legacy hardware devices, odds are fair that you are also using older computer hardware that won't have the required technology to use Windows XP Mode. If that is the case, you will have to buy a new system rather than simply upgrading, but you can still use Windows XP Mode to connect older peripherals.

Assuming you meet all of the requirements and get Windows XP Mode installed, I believe you will be impressed. I frequently use Windows Virtual PC to be able to install and work with alternate operating system platforms. I like Windows Virtual PC, but you can definitely tell that you are taxing the system resources and things can get sluggish.

Windows XP Mode is fast. Lightning fast. It works, and it works well. I found installing and working with the Windows XP Mode to be significantly easier and more satisfying than any other virtual computing environment I have used. If you have legacy peripherals that won't work natively in Windows 7, don't let that stop you from taking advantage of the many improvements in Windows 7.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it is very unfortunate that Microsoft did not include Windows XP Mode as an option for Windows Home Premium. Millions of consumers still rely on Windows XP and Microsoft is banking on them making the switch to Windows 7. It is bad enough that there is no seamless upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7. The least Microsoft could have done was to provide consumers with Windows XP Mode to make the transition smoother.

- http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/arti...ut_xp_mode.html

Sinusumpong itong PC ko: when I boot it up, sometimes lumalabas sa BIOS yung message "Checksum error", then it says na yung computer date ko is not compatible with the date on my Windows, and if gusto kong palitan. The date is always January 1, 2005 (presumably the date of manufacture of the motherboard). Ang tanong: is this a hardware or software problem? How do I solve it? Kung hardware problem, which hardware is it? Thanks for any help :)

Help, PLEASE! I cannot log in to Win7 on my HD. I change all account except mine from administrator to standard/limited and changed/shared a folder for everyone. After restarting it won't go into the log-in screen and displays a 'please wait' for seems like an eternity. I tried another HD(extra) with Win7 also and it boots fine. Tried to boot using Win7 DVD but it won't even display ' press any key to boot from CD. .', all I get is a blinking cursor. I tried the same DVD on my laptop and it boots fine but not on my desktop. I want to repair the Win7 to get previous settings 'coz the games my children play will be from scratch if I can't. I removed my DVD drive and tried it on another PC and it's the same, but if I use other bootable DVD/CD like Vista or XP, it boots fine. I am at the end of my wits.

I made my children's account to administrator because they can not save their games under standard/limited accounts. I changed them back temporarily to standard/limited so they may not access some of my files (especially X-rated videos he he he) B)

kung sakin nangyari yan at may mga impoprtant files ako na gusto ko iback up, baka nag parallel install na ako.

or better yet back up (attach the hdd to an enclosure tapos plug sa ibang computer) and do OSRI.

OR....

assuming na profile mo lang ang nagloloko.....

make a new profile. access the files from that profile ung luma mong profile

transfer the foles from there

it may or may not twork

so far naman gumana sya sakin :P

Sinusumpong itong PC ko: when I boot it up, sometimes lumalabas sa BIOS yung message "Checksum error", then it says na yung computer date ko is not compatible with the date on my Windows, and if gusto kong palitan. The date is always January 1, 2005 (presumably the date of manufacture of the motherboard). Ang tanong: is this a hardware or software problem? How do I solve it? Kung hardware problem, which hardware is it? Thanks for any help :)

2 things :

- the coin cell battery

- mobo

What's wrong po with this? If i turn on the laptop..mag on siya then you'll hear the fan running then a few seconds wala na ule yung tunog ng fan then wala rin lalabas sa lcd... pero ung light for the power ay naka on naman... Before mangyari po to .. bigla na lang nag shutdown laptop..then ayaw na ule mag turn on.

What's wrong po with this? If i turn on the laptop..mag on siya then you'll hear the fan running then a few seconds wala na ule yung tunog ng fan then wala rin lalabas sa lcd... pero ung light for the power ay naka on naman... Before mangyari po to .. bigla na lang nag shutdown laptop..then ayaw na ule mag turn on.

even f2 doesn't show itself?

this could be a case of no post or no video.

suggestions:

if that is my computer, i would attach it to an external monitor. im gonna check if there would be any display. if theres a display, lcd issue yan. pag wala paring display... no post na yan

try accessing f2 or f12-- kung success pwede ka pa gumamit nang cd to do at least system restore(if this is sofware issue).

kung wala parin at black screen parin, palitan mo na lcd mo :lol:

no post :

remove the memory (all of it) and try to turn on the pc. if it would bep on you, its not the mobo (at least ligtas na ung pinaka mahal na part dba? ahahahaha )

do you boot your computer while something is attached to it? (remove any usb devices that includes usb mouse at keyboard).

even f2 doesn't show itself?

this could be a case of no post or no video.

suggestions:

if that is my computer, i would attach it to an external monitor. im gonna check if there would be any display. if theres a display, lcd issue yan. pag wala paring display... no post na yan

try accessing f2 or f12-- kung success pwede ka pa gumamit nang cd to do at least system restore(if this is sofware issue).

kung wala parin at black screen parin, palitan mo na lcd mo :lol:

no post :

remove the memory (all of it) and try to turn on the pc. if it would bep on you, its not the mobo (at least ligtas na ung pinaka mahal na part dba? ahahahaha )

do you boot your computer while something is attached to it? (remove any usb devices that includes usb mouse at keyboard).

Boss...there's nothing attach to it while booting... basta if you try to turn it on.... nothing happens. it would only light up the power. Will try your reco sir.

Bros, Tanong ko lang kc ung pc ko laging nagrerestart. Nkakapasok nman cya sa Windows XP desktop hanggang maload lang nya lahat ng icon mlapit sa orasan tpos RESTART n cya. Ano kayang problema nito? Pano to ayusin? THANKS :thumbsupsmiley: :headsetsmiley:

Bros, Tanong ko lang kc ung pc ko laging nagrerestart. Nkakapasok nman cya sa Windows XP desktop hanggang maload lang nya lahat ng icon mlapit sa orasan tpos RESTART n cya. Ano kayang problema nito? Pano to ayusin? THANKS :thumbsupsmiley: :headsetsmiley:

- your computer might be infected with malware...

- a recent program that you installed might be causing a problem

try logging into safe mode - then disable all your start up items by opening windows system configuration (start>run>type msconfig)

if it doesn't fix it..it would be better if you just reinstall windows

• 2 weeks later...

:goatee: repost lang po...baka sakaling masagot na this time around...thanks... :goatee:

:goatee: is there anything i need to know or adjust when i would want to upgrade or downgrade my processor...since i would want to interchange the processors of my 2 laptops...one is running on a 1.6 while the other is 1.83...both are core 2 duo...the problem is when i tried interchanging them, both laptops wont even boot up..any advice...thanks... :goatee:

• 2 weeks later...

Bros, tanong lang po. Bakit nagrerestart ung pc pag nagsasaksak ako sa USB? :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

like the previus tip.. most likely malware. check in safemode. if its ok there.. look at the start up items..

see if u can download smithfraudfix...dial a fix... autoruns.. superantispyware...

reformat.. or if your in QC, u can contact me. dell trained and certified systems expert. plugging lang po.

Guys Help. My cousin has a thinkpad laptop (R50e model ata yun) that keeps shutting down after rebooting..ang sinasabi daw sa screen: "windows will shutdown in 1 sec" ano kaya problem and ano dapat gawin? salamat!

I'm not sure pala if XP or Vista ang OS nya..

boot loader corrupt..make a usb bootdisk or re-install windows

Edited by direstraits94

Hello guys,.......my REQUEST is more for LEARNING,.............I am so damn EAGER to learn how to troubleshoot Laptops and Mobile Phones so that I could do it myself, and maybe someday, use the skills as my part time job.

My QUESTION is: Which school in Metro Manila teaches short courses on thes things? I know MFI ( Meralco) teaches them, but the classes are almost always dissolved because am the only one enrolling usually.

I would truly appreciate some tips on the school locations.

SALAMAT in ADVANCE guys n gals :)

Hello guys,.......my REQUEST is more for LEARNING,.............I am so damn EAGER to learn how to troubleshoot Laptops and Mobile Phones so that I could do it myself, and maybe someday, use the skills as my part time job.

My QUESTION is: Which school in Metro Manila teaches short courses on thes things? I know MFI ( Meralco) teaches them, but the classes are almost always dissolved because am the only one enrolling usually.

I would truly appreciate some tips on the school locations.

SALAMAT in ADVANCE guys n gals :)

try this site www.excellentchoicetraining.com