The PC and Laptop Repair Guide

my internal cam on my laptop no longer is functioning, is there anyway of repairing this? or is getting an external cam my only option. maraming salamat.

It happened to me also. What I did was to reformat the computer and updated the all the drivers. It corrected the problem.

Guys,

Need help asap, my dell Inspiron 1501, got ditch in a shallow river, but i get back as quickly as i can, then i remove the battery and let it dry for a week, But when i try to use it after it dried up, it turn up to be dead. The AC adaptor is okay and has a yellow light but when i plugged it to my laptop, lights turn off and nothing happens. We have the laptop check in SM north edsa but they are charging us 10 thou, without the guarantee that it will work again. Is the other laptop service center that does not charged that much.....

Thanks and Cheers!

i've been having problems lately when visiting youtube or other sites that feature streaming vids when using firefox... videos don't play correctly, it plays like its only showing clips but the audio is fine... first i thought i just needed to download & install a new version of adobe flash player & i did but it only worked for a few minutes then it happened again... can anybody help?

upgrade your firefox.

^You may have inadvertently pressed F11. It is a command to go into full screen view in the windows explorer and also on your web browser, be it firefox or internet explorer. Pressing F11 again will deactivate the full screen view reverting it back to the default.

Edited by orthodoc

i have a problem with my ddv/cd drive it just accepts vcd never dvd background pc have multiple reformat is it

Do you mean your combo drive plays cds but not dvds? Probably dvd lens isn't reading the dvd disc anymore just cds.replace the drive

Do you mean your computer plays vcd format but doesn't recognize dvd format? Download a codec or install VLC

If your problem is something else then can you explain further? Thanks.

Edited by SamanthaJones
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mga experts, need some advise. My Windows DVDmaker has't been working for quite some time now.

I add the file I want to burn, then click next.

After that it just hangs and doesn't respond anymore. I tried system restore, but I guess issue dates back 10 months ago and any data after that is already gone.

Would really appreciate feedback. Thanks in advance.

Mga experts, need some advise. My Windows DVDmaker has't been working for quite some time now.

I add the file I want to burn, then click next.

After that it just hangs and doesn't respond anymore. I tried system restore, but I guess issue dates back 10 months ago and any data after that is already gone.

Would really appreciate feedback. Thanks in advance.

if you don't use dvd maker and just drag the files into the dvd drive folder - does your system also freeze?

have you tried using another burning software?

Just want to isolate if the problem is with the optical drive or just the software..

if you don't use dvd maker and just drag the files into the dvd drive folder - does your system also freeze?

have you tried using another burning software?

Just want to isolate if the problem is with the optical drive or just the software..

Yes, I tried Roxio 9 and it worked. was able to burn a dvd. However, I find it cumbersome and far inferior to the windows dvd maker quality.

Thanks,

Guest djunya2006

Could any of you computer guru's please assist me in reformat the computer and update all the drivers. Sorry to admit it but I am a nincompoop when it comes to doing this. Could be so kind to go over the steps with me. Thanks in advance

dell inspiron 1525.

Edited by djunya2006
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are some general principles about laptops.

1. Their parts are more pricey than desktops. So, when you have to buy for upgrade or repairs, expect to pay a hefty price. Even if you get a discounted price, expect the price to be still high as compared to parts of a desktop.

2. You may have peripherals repaired/changed, i.e., memory/video cards, HD, etc. BUT, if the motherboard goes kaput, you might as well buy a new laptop. Why? Because, the motherboard is generally the computer itself. You will spend so much to have that change, you won't be even sure IF your laptop will function like it used to. (2.1) Your new motherboard may have some conflicts with its peripherals, or (2.2) your peripherals may soon wear out because they are old.

The rule of thumb is: have a backup always of your docs and files. It is wise to invest in an external HD.

Edited by jgc813
  • 2 weeks later...

mga bossing tanung lang.. ano ibig sabihin nito? yan kasi lumalabas sa screen ko pag press ko ALT and F10

Edit boot options

Edit windows boot options for: Microsoft windows vista

Path:\windows\system32\winload.exe

Partition : 2

Hard Disk : 30af9904

[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN / NOGUIBOOT / BOOTLOGO

• 2 weeks later...

mga bossing tanung lang.. ano ibig sabihin nito? yan kasi lumalabas sa screen ko pag press ko ALT and F10

Edit boot options

Edit windows boot options for: Microsoft windows vista

Path:\windows\system32\winload.exe

Partition : 2

Hard Disk : 30af9904

[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN / NOGUIBOOT / BOOTLOGO

i did a little research. Apparently, the ALT+F10 are the keys used to access the restore to factory settings for Acer System. Check this link http://www.computing...rking/8480.html

Edited by SamanthaJones