The PC and Laptop Repair Guide

no need naman identical power supply, u can use any desktop power supply and mostly same connector lang naman 20 pins or 24 pins, and for testing purposes only to see kung power supply ang may tama.

hello,

nagkaroon ako ng time to tinker with my desktop, i borrowed a desktop power supply and same connectors rin pala at dun ko na discover na power supply nga ang may tama sa Shuttle Xpc ko.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hello mga experts..,di na gumagana letter E sa keyboard ng laptop ko,,pwede pa ba ma repair?How much ang keyboard if ever di na talaga gumana?

Dude, I've handled a Toshiba Satellite A10 with similar but worse key failures. The best thing that worked without compromising the rest of the keboard was to use a vacuum cleaner to suck any dirt deposits and/or moisture build-up under the keys. But it'd just be a temporary remedy since it would go back to how it was before.

This has been known to be common amongst aging toshibas. Its the brand's "weakness" but any brand is destined to suffer from it. Maybe mas halata lang sa Toshiba kasi, dito sa banda rito, mga toshiba lang talaga yung tumatagal to the point na halos relic na siya. Hehehe.

If you really have time to tinker with your laptop, you could open up and (optionally) remove the keyboard panel yourself and see if the terminal connecting the keyvoard tothe motherboard has accumulated mold (umido). Sa case ng Toshiba, aluminum kasi yung terminal kaya nag a accumulate talaga ng mold.

Anyway, sa ibang bansa kasi, portables are also used as disposables. Its bound to the rules of wear and tear and is even more exposed to it than desktops.

Also, to minimize the size and the weight of the laptop, they've made the keyboard's circuits into plastic sheets. Once na nasira tong plastic sheets na to, talagang papalitan na. Although usually, kung ako ang nagre repair, nagagawan ko pa ng paraan.

hello guys, problem ko yung laptop ko na dell 9300 nagkakavertical lines sa screen, habang tumatagal dumadami, san kaya maganda parepair, yung palit ng lcd, tnx

Dude, there could be a possibility na makuha sa linis yung LCD screen mo. Kaso may risk na lalong masira kapag di naayos since we'd be tinkering with a nearly broken part.

Kapag di na nakuha sa linis, palitan na ng LCD screen.

Ang nangyari kasi sa monitor mo, may parts na hindi makadaloy ang kuryente. It could either be a contact problem or pabigay na talaga laptop mo. Teka, anong year mo nga pala nabili yan?

does anyone know where i can get that keyboard cover for my asus 1000H?

i dont know what you call it but i think it's like a waterproof thing.

and also a leatherette case. yung free case kase na cloth, parang kumakalat yung mini-fiber threads....

thanks.

Ms. Angel, try CD-R King. They always come up with cheaper alternatives to stuff like those.

OT:

Hey, are you really an angel by day? So.... What are you at night? (just joking)

Can I add you as a friend? I think you're kinda cute.

============

note:

I am not a professional when it comes to repairs. I just have this passion for computers. Whatever I say regarding repair could not be counted as professional advise... Although I usually come up with alternative approaches to repair the professionally unrepairable. But still, my methods are not standard methods. Never do everything I say if you've never disected a laptop/computer before.

Computer troubleshooting is too delicate to be handled by newbies.

If there's anyone who wants to refer me a case, it would be dependent on my schedule since this is kinda like a hobby. I'm an encoder by profession.

Edited by alloy v7.6
Hello guys and gals,

Can you please assist me, i have a problem with my desktop pc and im trying to find out the source of the problem.

When i turn on my desktop (Shuttle XPC), the monitor doesnt display anything.

My monitor is in good working condition i tested it on another pc.

My pc has 2 graphic cards, 1 on-board and 1- installed. I connected the monitor on the on-board graphics card no display, I then tried the other card and still no display. All i see everytime is a message that my monitor is working.

So im trying to find the source of the problem. Here are my observations:

Theres power to the dvd rewriter, the tray comes out when i press eject.

Theres power to my multi card reader, i see the led light is on.

I see the Led light is on, on the reset button.

I see the Led light is on, on the power up button.

The exhaust fan on the installed graphics card is working.

The exhaust fan on the power supply is working.

Where do you think is the source of the problem? (No display on my monitor, but monitor is working fine)

Thanks in advance! Good day to all!

tingin ko memory problem yan. kung dalawa memory card mo, tanggalin mo isa at i-boot mo, check mo kung mag-on na yung monitor.

madalas sa akin ganyan. basta pang nagkaganyan pc ko, may power yung cpu at monitor pero black screen, check ko agad memory card ko.

walang deperensya power supply mo kasi may power yung cpu mo at monitor eh.

Edited by jackbrng

Umm, dude, I'm not a guru... But here is my way of solving your problem. But I think I better explain to you what happened.

First, there was a virus which replaced the original NTLDR with a virus or the virus could've embedded a virus into the NTLDR file.

Your antivirus detected the viral version of NTLDR and so, it deleted the file.

The next time you booted up, your system is looking for NTLDR.EXE and windows couldn't start without it.

Here's what you should do:

• *Remove your hard disk and put it in an external HDD enclosure.
    *connect it to another PC. Better make sure its not infested and with a good working updated Antivirus.
    *Scan the Hard disk for viruses just to be sure.
    *On the Control Panel, Double Click on "Folder Options", Click on the "View" Tab. Check the item "Show" hidden files and folders. Un-Check on the item "Hide Protected and System Files". Disregard the system message saying "this action is not recommended".
    *On the C:\ folder, copy the NTLDR.EXE file and paste it onto your laptop's default windows Directory. (It is where the \windows and the\Program Files folder is located.)
    *Remove the External HDD from the PC. Remove the hadr disk from the enclosure and place it back on its original position in the Laptop. Make sure you put it back the same way you took it out.
    *Boot up you laptop and then rejoice.

The only problem you might be encountering after that would be if there are other system files deleted due to the virus infestation. Hehehe. But you'll live. You might wanna back-up your files while the drive is in External HDD mode. Its safer that way. Hehehe.

Another thing: if the laptop is around 6years old, and is experiencing frequent crashes and corruption of files, bumili ka na ng bagong HD. Hehehe.

hello

hows everybody doing?

can you help me guys?

my pc is infected with the flashy.exe virus,

it also infected my usb stick, with important files in it

it made the folder in my usb stick invisible!

when you explore the usb drive theres nothing to see but when you go to the properties you will see the free and occupied space, my files are still intact but i cant see and dont have access to the files

how can i make my files re appear so i will have access to my files, i dont want to format my usb drive

Edited by tom_babauta
hello

hows everybody doing?

can you help me guys?

when you explore the usb drive theres nothing to see but when you go to the properties you will see the free and occupied space, my files are still intact but i cant see and dont have access to the files

how can i make my files re appear so i will have access to my files, i dont want to format my usb drive

ako din may ganyang problem, sana may tumulong

Dude, kung kailangan mo lang ma access files mo para makapag backup ka, pwede mo isalang yung flash disk sa isang computer na may matinong updated antivirus.

Once scanned and disinfected, I set mo sa Folder options under Control Panel na wag i hide yung mga invisible files.

Once done, makikita mo na ulit yung mga files mo. Pwede mo na i unhide yung mga files and folders through proberties. Uncheck mo lang yung check box nung "hidden".

Hi,experts! I need help with my Lenovo y410 laptop. Recently, it's been shutting down on its own while I'm doing certain things.

It has MS Vista Home Premium OS. I have NOD32 antivirus and have already scanned my computer and there is no virus.

Now, the particular times that it shuts down (as automatically turns off without reboot) are:

*When I scan for viruses

*When I watch videos (first was with VLC then I used Windows classic media player to watch an RMVB anime file)

*When I searched for updates for Vista using the Windows Update feature

*When I tried to boot from the my windows CD to fix the problem

More often than not, this happens mostly when I watch videos and scan for viruses.

I've already checked my fan, (i don't think there's any dust accumulations there yet since this is a newly bought computer.

I gets hot fast but it's always been like this. It's only now that I've had this problem. Heck, sometimes it's not even hot yet but it still shuts down on its own when I watch a video.

Please help me,guys. Please PM me or reply here. Thanks!

is the automatic shutdown whenever the computer encounters an error turned on? :)

i guess no heat related issues but could you check if there are any heat errors on BIOS?

sir that is my problem coz the pc doesnt come with an installation disk, i think it's embedded somewhere inside its hardrive, its already pre-installed when i bought it.

If you are just doing a repair

get an OS CD na same as your OS

xp home sp2 = look for an OS cd that says xp home sp2

Hello guys and gals,

Can you please assist me, i have a problem with my desktop pc and im trying to find out the source of the problem.

When i turn on my desktop (Shuttle XPC), the monitor doesnt display anything.

My monitor is in good working condition i tested it on another pc.

My pc has 2 graphic cards, 1 on-board and 1- installed. I connected the monitor on the on-board graphics card no display, I then tried the other card and still no display. All i see everytime is a message that my monitor is working.

So im trying to find the source of the problem. Here are my observations:

Theres power to the dvd rewriter, the tray comes out when i press eject.

Theres power to my multi card reader, i see the led light is on.

I see the Led light is on, on the reset button.

I see the Led light is on, on the power up button.

The exhaust fan on the installed graphics card is working.

The exhaust fan on the power supply is working.

Where do you think is the source of the problem? (No display on my monitor, but monitor is working fine)

Thanks in advance! Good day to all!

hmmm....

tricky.....

But did it ever work before? :)

Were you able to go to BIOS?

do POST? Can't boot?

I hope you could go to the BIOS and disable the Onboard video card from there.

How did you know your monitor is working fine?

coz its displaying the self test?

did you try to plug this monitor to another computer or laptop?

try first to remove the add on Video card and boot up your pc again.

this is an option :)

hello

hows everybody doing?

can you help me guys?

plug it on a mac

get your files

format your flash drive

get your files again :lol:

*wahahahahahaha. ayus ito. ito lang kaya ko gawin eh. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
mga masters, i have a sony vaio, i bought it last 2007 sa us. my problem is, hindi nagana ung shft keys (both left and right) i started just last week. ano kaya remedyo dto. saan kaya pede mag pa gawa ng vaio laptop? thank you po

Dude, bago ba nagloko, nagkaroon muna ng time na gumagana pa yung shift pero makunat lang or grounded? Kung ganon ang kaso, try mo ipasipsip sa vacuum cleaner yung kung ano mang dumi or moisture sa ilalim ng keyboard. No dismantling necessary. Though its only a temporary solution and you're bound to repeat the process at the first signs of it happening again.

Pero kung bigla na lang nagkaganyan, I'm not sure kung sa Driver ng keyboard or sa software/OS. Baka kasi may program lang na nag bind ng shift keys mo. Though I'm not exactly sure how to check if they are binded. Mas magamda talaga mag repair kapag kaharap ang laptop.

i have a laptop ibm r31. Problem is nag fluctuate yung cpu speed nya from 1.13ghz down to 130mhz... when it happens the laptop become unusable. helps pls... thanks!

Dude, it might be because of a virus. Though it also could be the result of having too many programs working in the background at the same time.

But it could also be too many viruses working in the background at the same time. Hehehe.

masters...need help very badly...super lungkot dito sa saudi tapos ganito pa nangyari...

just bought a samsung laptop R510..vista os...my problem is the voice in YM...it wouldnt function...

message always i got "cannot connect to server"...NO RINGING AT ALL!!!...built in cam is working properly except tha voice...

rally missing now to hear the voice of my kids...any help would be greatly appreciated...

MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT PO!!!!

masters...need help very badly...super lungkot dito sa saudi tapos ganito pa nangyari...

just bought a samsung laptop R510..vista os...my problem is the voice in YM...it wouldnt function...

message always i got "cannot connect to server"...NO RINGING AT ALL!!!...built in cam is working properly except tha voice...

rally missing now to hear the voice of my kids...any help would be greatly appreciated...

guys, pahelp naman. may virus pc ko. sa start tapos sa all programs may naka lagay na icon lang ng my computer tapos pag tinapat mo cursor mo dun, nakalagay desktop. pag clinick mo naman, mapupunta ka sa my computer. napaka irritable. bumabagal na ng sobra laptop ko. i already tried many anti spyware and di nila madetect. pati ng nod32 ko. help mga guys.

post-194098-1233408688.jpg

need help namn kunti tungkol sa laptop ko parang same problem na nabasa ko sa taas..ang problem ng laptop ko nag hahang sya tapos as in wala na kahit galawin mo wala pwera lng yung on/off button nya kaso pag pinatay ko sya power button d na nag open ang monitor pero yung cd nya nag basa pa nag blink and umiilaw yung power nya hndi ko alam kung alin ang problema pede hingi ng tulong? e2ng laptop ko gateway (d ko alam ang model nya natapon ko na kasi yung box hehe) pero 1 year pa lng sa akin to parang bilis namn bumigay.

salamat sa sasagot

I got a 2nd hand Sony VAIO. I need to make it boot on CD but the BIOS is password protected and I can't get in. I've tried bringing it to a laptop shop at the Podium but they couldn't get in either. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Edited by occam

Dude, pwede mo pa ba i elaborate? I mean, yung voice lang ba ang hindi gumagana? Kapag ba nagpapatugtog ka ng music, gumagana speakers?

Kapag hindi talaga gumagana speakers, baka hindi lang naka install yung Audio Drivers. It happens Dude. Try to find the driver package which came with your laptop. Malamang andun lang yun.

guys, pahelp naman. may virus pc ko. sa start tapos sa all programs may naka lagay na icon lang ng my computer tapos pag tinapat mo cursor mo dun, nakalagay desktop. pag clinick mo naman, mapupunta ka sa my computer. napaka irritable. bumabagal na ng sobra laptop ko. i already tried many anti spyware and di nila madetect. pati ng nod32 ko. help mga guys.

Dude, Uhh, baka naman hindi virus. Base sa statement mo at sa screen shot, mukhang shortcut lang talaga yan na nailagay, probably accidentally, sa start menu. Hehehe.

If you'll observe, the caption sez "Location: Desktop" (Shortcuts without defined captions just plainly say where the target file is located.) tapos, pag nag click ka sa kanya, bubukas "MyComputer" (Shortcuts are really meant to do that). I think it was the desktop Icon of "My Computer which got dragged accidentally into the folder nung naka open yung "Start Menu Programs" folder.

Yun namang pagbagal ng computer mo, it might be from something else. And by the way, IMHO, NOD32 is not really a good antivirus. Ever tried AVG or Kaspersky?

I got a 2nd hand Sony VAIO. I need to make it boot on CD but the BIOS is password protected and I can't get in. I've tried bringing it to a laptop shop at the Podium but they couldn't get in either. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Dude, ang una kong mairerekomenda ay kapain mo yung Function key na pipindutin mo upon startup para ma access ang "Boot Options". Sa Boot Options, pwede mong piliin kung saan ka magbu boot. Basically it varies from model to model. Try mo lang I boot PC mo then keep pressing F2. Pag di kumagat, reboot then repeatedly press F3 and so on...

But usually, its near F7. Minsan naman, sinasabi na rin sa Boot up prodeedings habang memory test pa kung ano Boot Options Key.

Another thing to do about the password is this... Kaso lang, this is a trick for Desktop PCs so hindi ko sure kung applicable ba talaga or advisable para sa mga portable since it would probably require diassembling the unit.

Sa Desktop kasi, kung gusto mo ma reset or mawala password ng BIOS, pwede mong tanggalin ang Button cell sa Motherboard. Wait a few hours (in come cases, kailangan intayin overnight. Some report it was necessary to wait for a week but I doubt the latter.) para siguradong wala nang reserve na kuryente yung motherboard, then re insert the batteries and start up your PC. Kailangan nga pala unplugged yung PC habang ginagawa to.

Also, I've read somewhere that these companies producing MOtherbhoards have default password override codes. Sinubukan ko dati yung para sa case na na handle ko pero di gumana... Baka rin dahil hindi exact ang versions ng motherboard dun sa guide at dun sa nire repair ko, so ginawa ko na lang yung sa baterya.

Ang problema, desktop yun kaya ubod ng dati na magtanggal ng baterya.

Kung sa Laptop, I think tatanggalin yung battery (obviously) at babaklasin yung case para matanggal mo yung button cell na nakakabit sa MOtherboard. In some cases, it might even be soldered onto the Board.

Pero before you go into dismantling it, subukan mo muna tanggalin yung Battery niya. (yung battery nung Laptop at hindi yung button cell.) Kahit ano kasi ang sabihin natin, risky pa rin ang mag dismantle ng laptop lalo na kung walang experience. VAIO pa naman yan.

Pero sa tingin ko naman, makukuha mo rin yan pag nahuli mo kung anong function key ang para sa "Boot Options". Dun ka na lang mag focus sa method na yun.

================================

Di advisable ang magpakatiwala sa mga hired technicians. It takes real passion for the craft to be an effective troubleshooter. Magugulat ka pa nga kung malalaman mong may mga tambay lang na mas magaling pa kaysa mga graduate ng Com Eng.

Personally, kapag ang technician ay walang ibang sinasabi kundi "Naku ser, Pang reformat na ho itong kaso na 'to (sabay iling)" Sabay bibigyan ka ng kung anu anong Ball Shirt tungkol sa kung gaano kalala sira ng PC mo, hindi technician yun. He's probably a nobody who got his hands on a Windows XP installer and learned how to reformat tapos nagkukunwaring technician daw siya. I've even seen those who feign virus attacks para lang ma justify yung reformatting. Tapos magkukunwaring hirap na hirap habang nagre reformat samantalang uod lang yun ng dali.

Pagkatapos pa non, sasama loob pag mas mababa sa 500 yung tip mo. Hehehe.

San ka ba naman nakakita ng technician na walang ibang ginawa kundi mag reformat? Hehehe.

Very rampant sa bandang amin mga kaso na ganito. So be forewarned.

Kung titingnan naman kasi sa mas malawak na angle, pwede rin naman na mag reinstall na lang kaysa mag reformat. That way, mare retain lahat ng old files nyo. Kung gamit mo sa work yung computer mo, you'd know how important your files are. Buti kung magre recommend siya agad ng paraan para mai back up yung lahat ng important files.

So, bottomline, wag magpapadala sa mga boladas ng mga mapagkunwari. Yung mga tunay, di ganun kalakas kumita. Hehehe. Kadalasan kasi, nilalasing na lang. (Joke!)

Insist that you have your files be backed up before anybody proceeds to reformatting your PC.

Just my opinion.

mga bossing advice naman po...pag po sa Windows Media Player may sound po ang at gumagana ang aking Speakers...pero pag sa YouTube at sa iba ay ayaw na pong gumana at wala na pong sounds...help naman po mga experts...

imho, wala o kulang yung codec drivers nung WMP mo. download ka na lang ng bago...