Sex Or Love? What Makes Relationship Work?

Love. a relationship base on LOVE is much more stable even without sex kasi andun yung respect and may mystery. On the other hand,kung puro sex lang e nakakasawa tsaka unconsciously u begin to see the other person as just a toy nalang.

• 2 weeks later...

I think for a relationship to work, it must have an equal dose of both sex and love.

I know of some people who cheat on their partner because although they're in love, they are sexually incompatible. Their primal urge is suppressed and so they look for another person to fill that gap. It's instinctive, just like you would want to drink when you're thirsty.

Conversely, I know of some people whose sex life is great, but whose love life is in shambles. One time the woman told me that yes she enjoys the sex part, but deep inside she longs for tenderness from her man. She doesn't want to be treated as a sex object, but a woman in the fullest sense of the word--cooked for, treated to dinners, given attention, massaged, etc.

As I posted in another thread, sex is good while you're young. But when you get old, you don't have to put it in just to share a heartbeat or a good time together. There must be something other than sex which the two of you can enjoy and build on.

Sex is a primal urge, while love is a mark of sophistication. Both are necessary. Neither one is more useful than the other.

But of course it varies from person to person. Know yourself as a person well, including your needs, before you enter a relationship.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it should be both..kasi kung puro love lang di pde our body needs sex that's y we have sex organs magcacancer kapag di nagrelease..plus it's a good exercise..kung puro sex lang magkakasawaan dapat may emotional attachment para mas masarap ang sex..tsaka u can have sex anywhere at any given time pero ang love minsan lang yan..kaya dapat both.

(Not to break the fourth wall here, but I bet you most of the people here just gloss over the other posts and just jump to sharing their opinions. Like me! Haha!)

Sex is just one part of a relationship, but it is very important. After all, how can you be a good partner in the sack if you can't communicate properly with your partner?

And a question to all: what if you and your BF/GF's libidos were misaligned? i.e. What if you need sex more than your partner does and he/she can't meet your needs?