Sex Or Love? What Makes Relationship Work?

Why is it when there are sexual escapades it automatically breaks a relationship? :) Tiger Woods, Tony Parker, etc. If sex ain't important?

It's not sex that breaks relationships, yung pagkawala ng respect and trust. Im sure kung alam ng mga asawa nila at nagagree sila don sa sexual escapades nila eh hindi sila magdivorce right away, may divorce later but not for that reason.

It's not sex that breaks relationships, yung pagkawala ng respect and trust. Im sure kung alam ng mga asawa nila at nagagree sila don sa sexual escapades nila eh hindi sila magdivorce right away, may divorce later but not for that reason.

I think I got confused. Sinong asawa will agree dun sa sexcapades? Can I say I love you but I want to have sex with others?

love,respect,trust.sex. written in the order of importance.

Yes, but to break a relationship the reverse is order of importance: sex, trust, respect, love?

Or maybe sex, love, trust, respect? not sure, but it seems that sex is a deal breaker for most.

Only a few still tries to work on the relationship after sexual infidelity.

Edited by friendly0603
  • 1 month later...

i didn't backread or anything... just off the top of my head, when i read the thread title, i thought... i pity the fool who would choose sex over love as the more important element that would make a relationship work. it's neither just one or the other - it's a combination of several elements, some of which have already been mentioned - trust, respect, openness, sincerity, patience and so many more. heck, for me, even a good sense of humor matters! smile.gif

but i think the biggest, most important factor for me would be commitment - to each other, to the relationship, to making things work. it has to be mutual; otherwise, everything else is just moot.

Relationships are all about compatibility.

There are many types of compatibilities, for a relationship to work, most if not all of the following must be compatible.

•  
  • Diurnal Compatibility – Yes, the “time” factor. A morning person rarely gets along with an evening person because they just have different “time zones”.
  • Emotional Compatibility – Almost all lasting relationships are formed by people in the same stage of emotional maturity, which is why most relationships have older men to younger women since as a rule men are a lot more immature than women.
  • Financial Compatibility – Unless both sides are able to adjust to the financial capabilities of each other, a relationship will not work be it from envy or from resentment that one side or the other earns more.
  • Mental Compatibility – A mental midget and a genius seldom get along for extended period of times, there must be a “meeting of the minds” for a relationship to grow.
  • Sexual Compatibility – Sexual satisfaction is a must for relationships, if one or the other is sexually frustrated, it will often lead to cheating which is the primary cause of break-ups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a battle of the sexes.

A woman will only open her legs if the man knows how to warm up her heart,

and a man needs to have sex before he opens his heart.

I forgot where I heard or read that. So it's not really a question now on which is which. It's more on understanding the differences.

i think wala sa sex or love. :)

because i believe, when two persons feel for each other,

there will be mutual agreement, meaning hindi pinag uusapan,

pero nagkakaintindihan. nowadays, eventhough were kinda liberated now,

hindi naman kasi necessarily dapat gawin pag naging kayo.

better if the two couple would be relaxed enough to follow the

flow of their relationship without carrying any pressures.

love making for me would be ideal if it would happen in the right time,

hindi ko naman sinasabing pagkatapos ng kasal, pero in the right time,

when all is meant to really happen already. hindi minamadali. :)

love would not be automatically there, and wont be developed within a short

period of time.. it would be present lalo na in times na ung couple

nasusubukan ang pagsasama, at nalalagpasan nila un ng magkasama.

both realizes each other's worth, and slowly, nadedevelop un through time. :wub:

concluding, its not the sex or the love, but rather the passion of the couple

to build up their strong foundation in order to establish their feelings for each other.

additional nalang ang love making or sometimes called "side dish" ;)

we make our own destiny. we choose whom to be with, it is not love, or even sex

that makes the couple stay together; but rather their desire to spend their life

in each other's arms that matters most

I think, for me, "Love" still is the better foundation for a successful relationship. If there is love, there is mutual understanding; trust, respect between lovers (not partners). And if both lovers started out in a strong way, like being best of friends - knowing what each others personalities, or just being compatible with each other - in work, activities, knowing each others likes and dislikes, they would realize how really special they are to each other. "Love-Making" (not Sex) would not just be second, as importantly it is to a relationship, it's just only one of many ways, of expressing your love for each another...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

um...masarap ang sex pag mi love kaya nga i don't call it sex, instead "bonding"....but, i think a relationship will work without the sex...as long as a it is built on firm grounds like friendship. sex is only a topping to add flavor and color. isa pa, as we grow old women enter their menopausal stage, which make having sex difficult for them, so 'la ng sex. when romance faded, what;s left is pure companionship and this make our lolos and lolas renew their vows after 60 long years