My inputs po ulit...

1.a company declares a loss on its business, is this a sufficient reason for them to not give increases to its employees on the following year? Yes, it is sufficient. But even if you have sufficient reason (or not), its always about how you package your message and how consistent you will be to implement it. Some companies tried slashing increases but not including the Management team...needless to say, it'd result to labor concerns. My suggestion is for the Head of the company to get first the commitment of the heads of each dept to implement non release of increase...starting with them.

2. Is this a practice in the industry? Yes. A lot of companies use this during the asian crisis. It can even be used to justify redundancy or retrenchment program. However, make sure you make thorough study before implementation. Take into account potential productivity loss and maybe resignations from your talented employees.

Very valid points.

bottom line here is a primary consideration in wage setting is the companys ability to pay.

it wont and shouldnt declare salary increases when it does not have the earnings or the budget to justify them.

if they do and are unable to give out the promised increases, they will have to deal with the greater problem of decreased employee morale.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we already have office in singapore, japan hongkong and in shanghai, here in manila we will start po siguro with one manager, two programmer analysts and one front desk staff,

hi rude angel

good day!

this is quite off-tangent to the topic you've raised earlier. but this would also somehow help in your quest of putting up a satellite office here in philippines. this is one of the topic that was discussed in the HR board lately on the role of the philippine office as against the influence of the foreign office.

i think you have to be very clear about this. you need to establish as to what extent is your role in terms of hiring, policy making particularly the pay structure and others because most often these foreign office have already a standard that they want to be followed.

thanks

Hi guys! Any kind soul here that can help me compute my withholding tax? I'm gonna give you the figures if someone's willing. It seems like the people in our

company's finance dept. are undergrads or agriculture grads. they don't seem to

know how to compute for it. <_<

Thanks in advance! :)

Ciao. B)

archer dude if you mean w/holding tax levied on your monthly pay... thats roughly 32% of your pay...

thats whats called a hypothetical tax .. its annualized at the end of the year in order to determine your tax due or refund ... the proper computation for that figure is at the back of the form 1701 that you file every year....

if you pm me your figures il tell you if theyre on track or not. :)

Hi guys! Any kind soul here that can help me compute my withholding tax? I'm gonna give you the figures if someone's willing. It seems like the people in our

company's finance dept. are undergrads or agriculture grads. they don't seem to

know how to compute for it. :)

Ciao. B)

hey archer_dude!

good day!

i'm very much willing to help you. please PM me the following details: gross pay, civil status (the one you have declared in your existing company) and lastly the frequency of your pay if its semi-monthly or monthly.

in return, i will give you a detailed computation of your income tax. :D

thats an okay approach to take if their budget can afford it.

ang risk kse jan is some candidates tend to jack up their "asking rates" especially for start up companies... ina anticipate kse nila ang volume of work and they know that the company really needs them...

thats the reason why iv always relied on market data for benchmarking purposes. this way - mas objective ang gamit mo na basis for determining pay...

inputs po ulit... asking rates are expected to be 'jacked up'. its almost a given. as such, hr negotiatiors should make sure to get the current pay of the candidate. the candidate should be able to support this with other docs like ITR papers. when you get the current pay, a 25% increase is the normal benchmark in our industry to get a guy from another organization. its just a benchmark so its not a straightjacket formula. bottomline is what the company can offer and the contribution that the candidate can give back...

inputs po ulit... asking rates are expected to be 'jacked up'. its almost a given. as such, hr negotiatiors should make sure to get the current pay of the candidate. the candidate should be able to support this with other docs like ITR papers. when you get the current pay, a 25% increase is the normal benchmark in our industry to get a guy from another organization. its just a benchmark so its not a straightjacket formula. bottomline is what the company can offer and the contribution that the candidate can give back...

agree ako given nga iyon.. kaya malakas ang aking reliance sa market data.

of course standard procedure na for me to ask for the most recent payslip of my applicant.

i use market data and current pay PLUS budget salary for the position in question to come up with a fair offer.

:)

A good BI is one important thing if you want to offer a fair rate. Of course you have to triangulate the following: your company pay scale, the industry level and the asking rate. The purpose of the BI is to get the actual salary of the person because of often the not asking price are bloated. In this sense, you can make a reasonable counter-offer. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Patanong lang po: What's the minimum wage ba today? Our employees kase were getting more than 8,000 for their salary because the owners (US based Filipinos) thought that these was the minimum. Last January, they found out that these was not the minimum rate so they adjusted it. All employees complained with the adjustment. Legal ba yung ginawa ng company?

Is it legal to make a one time salary deduction? The thing is my friend was sent to Thailand for training. During her stay she received a lot of personal calls. It happens to be that incoming calls were charged twice as much. Her bills ballooned up reaching more than P20,000. The company decided to deduct it from her salary. What the company did was to deduct in whole. In short, it's been 2 paydays wherin she did not receive a single cent from her company.

Is it legal to make a one time salary deduction? The thing is my friend was sent to Thailand for training. During her stay she received a lot of personal calls. It happens to be that incoming calls were charged twice as much. Her bills ballooned up reaching more than P20,000. The company decided to deduct it from her salary. What the company did was to deduct in whole. In short, it's been 2 paydays wherin she did not receive a single cent from her company.

yup!

its not illegal! those type of deductions really normal!

but the thing is that ur friend can talk to the hr dept or the acctng dept and ask if it can be deducted (in how many terms) equally,

good evening to all.

can a company deny someone of their ( employees certificate )?

thanx

good day specs! :D

employment certificate, if this is what you mean is a benefit an employee can get once he or she is employed. this is a proof of employment. this certification is a legal document which can be use to enter into agreements, contracts and others. with regards to your question if a company can deny that certification my answer to that is YES, if it has been a practice of the company not to issue an employment certificate otherwise your company is not consistent in implementing its policies and procedures.

please take note that as a benefit, the company also has the right to deny that certification if it is detrimental to its image or its core values.

allow me to be very clear on this. before a salary deduction from the basic pay is made there must be a written authorization coming from the concerned employee. my company uses an authority to deduct form for this matter, specially if it involves a significant amount. if in this case the company or HR failed to get the authority to deduct from your friend, then your friend could question the deduction and maybe could request for a financial assistance since she did not received any cent in the past two paydays.

Patanong lang po: What's the minimum wage ba today? Our employees kase were getting more than 8,000 for their salary because the owners (US based Filipinos) thought that these was the minimum. Last January, they found out that these was not the minimum rate so they adjusted it. All employees complained with the adjustment. Legal ba yung ginawa ng company?

minimum wage varies from one region to another. may i know what region is your company situated?

if your company practically reduces the basic pay of the employee and offered nothing more in return then that is against the law.

hi tokoy!

thanx sa answer.

so what does he needs to do para may proof na he was employed by that company?

kasi ten (10) years din sya nagwork dun.

he is now applying for another job thats why he needs the cert.

two years ago he was forced to resign because of punctuality.

pls. advice me naman

thanx uli :)

hi tokoy!

thanx sa answer.

so what does he needs to do para may proof na he was employed by that company?

kasi ten (10) years din sya nagwork dun.

he is now applying for another job thats why he needs the cert.

two years ago he was forced to resign because of punctuality.

pls. advice me naman

thanx uli :)

your welcome specs :)

okay, if your friend already resigned from work he/she for sure have the following documents: certificate of clearance this is a proof that your friend has no pending obligations of the company; a copy of the final pay check which represents the last and final pay; he/she will also received a copy of the withholding tax on compensation certificate or w2. these documents are valid proof that your friend has been an employee of that company.

your friend by all reasons can demand a certification from that employer coz i dont see any purpose why an employer refuses to give a certification if it terminates or forced to resign an employee due to attendance or punctuality reason.