Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

why did tmac play? :lol:

i mean, it's not that i dont want a healthy tmac on our side, but he's still clearly in pain. and we almost lost to detroit because of him. everything was going fine late in the 4th, ball movement was awesome, then came tmac. he took 2 well-contested jumpers allowing detroit to inch in.

but when he drove to the basket, i was like "yan!! yan ang gawin mo!" :lol: although when he landed, i can see that he's still favoring the other leg and landed a little awkward. pagpahingahin na lang muna tmac! ^_^

^ I don't think T-Mac should be taking anything to the hole...wait, maybe his career should be taken to the hole already as it seems like it's already on its way there. :P

hahaha! haven't seen that clip before as i was too disgusted to watch rockets' clips lately.

just a question, though. if tmac decides to retire today, would that free up cap space? im not familiar with cap space rules. all i know is that teams are just allowed a specific amount for players' salaries. other than that, i know nothing.

hahaha! haven't seen that clip before as i was too disgusted to watch rockets' clips lately.

just a question, though. if tmac decides to retire today, would that free up cap space? im not familiar with cap space rules. all i know is that teams are just allowed a specific amount for players' salaries. other than that, i know nothing.

Yep. Definitely. What T-Mac and the Rockets have is a contract. T-Mac's obligation is to play for the Rockets and other conditions set in the contract whereas the Rockets are obliged to give T-mac payment for the service that he renders for the team. Now if T-Mac decides to retire, he won't be able to perform his obligations and therefore, non-fulfillment of his obligation to play for the Rockets will mean that the Rockets won't have to pay him anymore because it would unjustly enrich T-Mac.

haha

Sorry, had to apply simple Oblicon to illustrate what will happen if he decides to retire. But basically, yeah, retirement should erase T-Macs salaries off the books of the Rockets therefore creating a huge cap space for the Rockets.

:)

Yep. Definitely. What T-Mac and the Rockets have is a contract. T-Mac's obligation is to play for the Rockets and other conditions set in the contract whereas the Rockets are obliged to give T-mac payment for the service that he renders for the team. Now if T-Mac decides to retire, he won't be able to perform his obligations and therefore, non-fulfillment of his obligation to play for the Rockets will mean that the Rockets won't have to pay him anymore because it would unjustly enrich T-Mac.

haha

Sorry, had to apply simple Oblicon to illustrate what will happen if he decides to retire. But basically, yeah, retirement should erase T-Macs salaries off the books of the Rockets therefore creating a huge cap space for the Rockets.

:)

thanks for clearing that up, tidusjanus. i was thinking that if tmac retires today, rockets wont have to pay tmac anymore, but have to wait for sometime (say, when tmac's contract expires suppose to be) before they can use the freed up cap space.

thanks again. ;)

TMAC: we love you as a rocket, so retire with the rockets. DO IT NOW! hehehe! :D

Edited by Pepeng Manas
Guest inquirer

hey rockets fans...

i'm proposing a trade. sun yue for t mac, i know salary cap wise it's not possible but i'm proposing and possible unlimited profit for the rockets team off court wise.. imagine two chinese players in one team :)