Toughest, Most Physically Demanding Sport?

that would be a lot... individually that is... so that makes team sports out of the equation... Yo! can always asked to be replaced if u tired... cramped... and reluctantly be replaced if injured and still have a chance to win... wit' ur teammates :lol:

nweis... had four sports in mind... in any order... tennis (the Roger Federer tennis, not the Chinese kind of tennis on the table :lol: peace), Boxing (Pacman trainin' 10 weeks? that's somethin...) Triathlon ( no joke to run, swim and go cyclin' one after the other) & golf (mentally drainin, that is)...

for team sports, maybe canoeing and dragon boat racin' is tirin' as well coz u can't asked to be replaced, aight? :unsure:

free solo bungee jumping!!

its like free solo climbing; the style of climbing with no rope, no helmet , no harness, no safety landing net or pad

NOBODY has been tough or dumb enough to try this and walk out alive & injury free..

so bakit may "BUNGEE" dun sa name ng sport kung hindi ka gagamit ng bungee cord and ang aim mo lang is to free fall? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

free solo bungee jumping!!

its like free solo climbing; the style of climbing with no rope, no helmet , no harness, no safety landing net or pad

NOBODY has been tough or dumb enough to try this and walk out alive & injury free..

i call BS on this

especially the no harness, no rope thing.

post some proof before you post that kind of drivel.

---

the closest to ever come to this thing that you describe is a controlled free fall

the only dude I know to ever attempt this is Dan Osman (saw his vid on an amazing videos episode)

the jumper is attached to a rope and is wearing a harness with only a carabiner to stop his body from kissing the rock below

Osman died attempting his last controlled free fall, the ropes that he used deteriorated due to the weather on the mountain.

----

given that the sport (if it can be considered as such) isn't physically demanding at all since all you need is balls of steel and some form of core strength to be able to pull it off.

Edited by Larry

^^ There is good reason for this. Boxing still pays the biggest bucks (as far as combative sports are concerned). That means, the best and toughest fighters are boxers. UFC may have "tougher" rules, but heck, if you can earn what Manny Pacquiao earns in boxing, why would you won't even try UFC? A washed-up and broke Mike Tyson might get it in his mind to try it though. And I'd love to see that (allow biting for that one! :D).

And as far as sports go, combative sports are the TOUGHEST. Sure, triathlon and other variations of the marathon test your endurance, but you basically do it AT YOUR OWN PACE. You tire a little and you can ease up on the throttle some. In combative sports, "coasting along" can mean a left hook to the jaw.

Edited by skitz
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Walang tatalo sa Triathlon . You need to swim a mile, , run and ride a bike. Thats what I call torture sports

I agree to Ms. TheDynamite007, that the Triathlon is the toughest sports in the land.

but, there's a new sport now where I think is the toughest the "Adventure Race" compose of Running, Cycling, Swimming, Orienteering, Paddling, Kayaking, making your own Balsa etc. etc. mind you it will take 4-7 days of complete non-resting race...

Anyone?

Don't know if rugby allows timeouts or breaks during the game like American football (after kickoff, touchdown, turnover, break muna). If rugby does not, then I would say rugby is it. In terms of stamina and physical fitness levels, I think football (soccer) players are numero uno. They play 45 minutes straight without breaks, unless substituted.

Next to soccer players are soccer refs. :lol: