Toughest, Most Physically Demanding Sport?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MMA no doubt..

you get hit with a padded glove (and its not even a boxing glove) to the body, to your head and can still take a shot

a punch or a strike the regular person or a regular athlete wont be able to take as much.. not MMA guys they train specifically to withstand blows which means toughening up the body via spartan-like training.

and its a way of life for most of em.. cant get any demanding than that in terms of human endurance...

• 4 weeks later...

MMA is one hell of a physically demanding sport. have you seen how grinders like fitch fight? how about GSP? these people are great examples of why this sport needs not only physical prowess, it also requires fighters to learn multiple disciplines with different skills in order to win.

you can say the pace of mma is like running, there's a sprinter, middle pace, and a marathoner. great fighters mix up sprint and the middle pace during fights. imagine running a 400m dash with the audience throwing baseballs at you. fighters get hit, when you get hit you lose some stamina and concentration and sometimes you lose consciousness. same goes for bbj masters like maia, mir, and bigNOG. if you lose a little concentration, BAM! jointlocks and chokes come at the speed of light.

but not all mma fighters are physically fit, take roy nelson for example. "i'm just the fat guy", nelson's post fight interview answer that really makes me laugh. he may be fat, but he's got the skills to end the fight early. i wonder if he'll last a full 5 rounder.

• 3 weeks later...