The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

kaninang lunch i watched VANTAGE POINT

ayun ala din ka wenta wenta hahaha

ubusin ba naman ng direktor halos kalahati na yata ng buong time ng movie sa kaka replay at kaka replay nung opening scene

hay ............. utak ng kumag na direk nato ah , parang si direk DYOGA bwahahahaha

Guest Leviticus
jumper...this film will just only makes you crave for having that power. di na cguro ako malelate sa office nito.... :)

also watched Mist.... pootah.. kung gusto mong magmura lalo na sa pinaka ending, eto panoorin mo.... tangna, ang tanga tanga kasi ng bida. sarap manapak ng tao....

hmm.. let's just say that I was in manila for a 2-day holiday. went to gilmore and back to cubao via the LRT line. pagbaba ko ng tren tinamaan ako ng allergy(must be the dust and pollution). ayun.. I broke out in hives and kating kati ako. drank medicine and was looking for a place to recuperate.

decided to watch jumper since ang haba ng pila para dun and the other people in line are talking about it.

I was only entering the cinema para gumaling but damn.. this movie is great! si anakin and si master windu nagaway nanaman! revenge ata ni samuel jackson kay anakin dahil pinatay siya.

I especially liked the part where they were driving at highspeeds on a mercedes convertible and you can see them teleporting in, out, and above traffic

at the end of the movie.. nakalimutan kong may allergy ako.. it was that good :thumbsupsmiley:

VANTAGE POINT..its my first time to see this kind of film which lets the audience see diffrent scene depending on the diffrent characters the movie has...its typically a short film, but when u piece it all together its a great film...american films keep evolving as the likes of 300,cloverfield,and vantage point...this is the new age of film making..watch it ull love it.

VANTAGE POINT..its my first time to see this kind of film which lets the audience see diffrent scene depending on the diffrent characters the movie has...its typically a short film, but when u piece it all together its a great film...american films keep evolving as the likes of 300,cloverfield,and vantage point...this is the new age of film making..watch it ull love it.

another must-see Secret Service movie packed with drama and action as seen from different angles of the players involved and pieced together at the right time and place...great direction deserves a great ending. reminds you of a similar movie of Clint Eastwood (In the Line of Fire) where he also played an aging secret service agent... :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by LYCHEE

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

Quite possibly the best movie I've seen, definitely in my top 10.

First the technical aspects

Like my favorite movie, Cinema Paradiso, this is how movies should be made. Every aspect of the film worked to push the story, and was not overdone. The lack of a true musical score, and the reliance on ambient noise and sound effects worked beautifully to create suspense. The use of shadows and lighting gave a stark contrast between hero and villain. The dialogue was not too over bearing, meaning they talked like how they were meant to talk (which is incidentally my biggest grip of Juno). The deafening periods of silence that appears throughout the movie, built the tension so much that I was on the edge of my seat.

The writing was topnotch, I haven't read the book but people have said that the Coens lifted the scenes in the movie word for word right out of the book which is very rare in these times of Hollywood butchering literary masterpieces (I am Legend comes to mind).

This movie features one of the most complex villains ever to be seen onscreen. Anton Chigurh is menacing, enigmatic, psychopathic, and fully devoid of morals, but in turns he appears principled, loyal, and has a set of morals that he adheres to strictly (although the fact that his moral standards might be oceans apart from the normal moral standpoint is debatable). Javier Bardem truly deserves that Bald Golden Man.

If you come to the theatre expecting this to be like a regular hollywood movie, step out this movie might just sail right over your head. Take this movie for what it is, a look into how life is decided by you, and that sometimes there are things that you can't change, you can think that you can change it, but that's just vanity.

SPOILERS FOLLOW:

Some people expected the movie to end a certain way. To me it was the perfect, most realistic and plausible ending that movie could have had, if they had ended it any other way it would have ruined the entire thing. Some people expected a showdown between Bell and Chigurgh, which wouldn't make sense. Bell is a 70 year old sherrif, who really doesn't like to draw his gun unless necessary, Chigurgh is a top notch assassin, and a world class tracker, the cheesiness of Bell finding Chigurgh and forcing a showdown to settle things would be a disaster for this movie. It ended the same way things in real life do, people going on and accepting that there are certain things that you can't change. Somehow people were disappointed because it didn't end the way THEY would have like it to.

/SPOILER

Excellent. Full Marks for this one.

Edited by Larry

(time to do some catching up)

JOHN RAMBO

Absolutely mindless and full of wanton random violence, I LOVE IT!!!

I won't waste time to try and explain the plot of this movie, because there is NONE. It's just rambo tearing sh1t up and laying to waste the murderous (according to IMDB) Burmese military.

The best Rambo will still be First Blood, nothing will ever come close to that, this movie is second however (First Blood part 2 is 3rd and THERE IS NO RAMBO 3, IT NEVER F*CKING HAPPENED).

Surprisingly, Rambo has a very good supporting cast of commandos, second only to the supporting cast of commandos in Predator (which is the best group of supporting cast of commandos in a movie ever). Ex SAS guy was excellent (Come have a go at me you f*cking lady boy cunt!), Schoolboy the sniper, and Asian dude was bad ass too.

Some people say that the best scene in the movie was Rambo laying to waste a whole company of burmese soldiers with .50 cal machine gun fire, but actually the best scene was the sequence before that, where Rambo sneaks up on the gunner, decapitates him (with a home made machete no less) and procedes to shred the driver (yes literally shred the driver).

This movie raised my testosterone levels by about 3 times my normal average, and I would rank it higher than 300 in the manliness scale.

If you're looking for Citizen Kane, this movie is not it.

THIS MOVIE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR WOMEN OR NANCY BOYS.

Watched Vantage Point yesterday.

Yes its a unique twist into watching movies. At first its kinda cloudy as to what really happens which is the intent of the director. But as the movie goes on it gets more interesting and you are delved into the ins and outs of the plot.

Quite a nice movie treat and a good alternative to a linear storyline. Theres a president assasinated, secret service, terrorists.... what else can you ask for? hehe.

(time to do some catching up)

JOHN RAMBO

Absolutely mindless and full of wanton random violence, I LOVE IT!!!

I won't waste time to try and explain the plot of this movie, because there is NONE. It's just rambo tearing sh1t up and laying to waste the murderous (according to IMDB) Burmese military.

The best Rambo will still be First Blood, nothing will ever come close to that, this movie is second however (First Blood part 2 is 3rd and THERE IS NO RAMBO 3, IT NEVER F*CKING HAPPENED).

Surprisingly, Rambo has a very good supporting cast of commandos, second only to the supporting cast of commandos in Predator (which is the best group of supporting cast of commandos in a movie ever). Ex SAS guy was excellent (Come have a go at me you f*cking lady boy cunt!), Schoolboy the sniper, and Asian dude was bad ass too.

Some people say that the best scene in the movie was Rambo laying to waste a whole company of burmese soldiers with .50 cal machine gun fire, but actually the best scene was the sequence before that, where Rambo sneaks up on the gunner, decapitates him (with a home made machete no less) and procedes to shred the driver (yes literally shred the driver).

This movie raised my testosterone levels by about 3 times my normal average, and I would rank it higher than 300 in the manliness scale.

If you're looking for Citizen Kane, this movie is not it.

THIS MOVIE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR WOMEN OR NANCY BOYS.

You can still see human meat sticking to the gun plate of the 50 cal. Mean din yung using a barrett sniper rifle to blow the head to the boat gunner. like a watermelon.

!0,000 B.C.

Such a waste of money.

Bad acting. Bad script. Bad direction. Bad plot. A poorly researched movie. If not only for the CGI of some prehistoric animals, you would feel na para kayong nanonod ng isang pelikulang filipino. Sayang yung 130 petot ko.

:thumbsdownsmiley:

haha

a smart movie-goer would've already noticed that 10000 BC is not a movie worth watching on the big screen just by watching its craptacular trailers.

i never actually saw its trailer. i just watched it on impulse coz i need to k*ll some time before my appointment.

i guess it served the purpose well. it really killed my time along with my money!

!0,000 B.C.

Such a waste of money.

Bad acting. Bad script. Bad direction. Bad plot. A poorly researched movie. If not only for the CGI of some prehistoric animals, you would feel na para kayong nanonod ng isang pelikulang filipino. Sayang yung 130 petot ko.

:thumbsdownsmiley:

true. i should've trusted my instinct upon seeing its posters and trailer. did a modern-looking man, prehistoric animals and the mayan/egyptian like civilization buyilding pyramids exist at the same period?

anyway, uso na ba dreadlock nun? <_<