The Football Thread

Labuyo

UPDATE:

Freekick to England from half way line...Beckham crossed into the box for an open Owen but header wide...

Looks like Rooney is about to come on...

UPDATE:

:boo: Rooney on for Michael Owen

Aaron Lennon for Jamie Carragher

England line up:

Robinson

Beckham, Rio, Terry, Cole

Lennon, Gerard, Lampard, J.Cole

Rooney, Crouch

Rooney looks puffed haha

UPDATE:

Rooney is inspiring the English squad to attack and attack...

Crouch does a 360 in the box and trys a bicycle kick but fails...

Scare for England as T&T John runs around Cole and heads towards the box but Cole clears it up...

A nice build up of Crouch to Rooney to Lampard in the box but a soft kick to Hislop...

Lampard another chance in the space of 1 min but shots wide of goal and close to goal...

Yorke free kick to John and John swings a shot but bounces of the ground...

England fans chant and scream "Yeah" when T&T pass the ball to each other on the pitch...

UPDATE:

7mins to go and Beckham swings a cross deep inside the box and close to the right post and Crouch stands tall and scores a goal!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

1 - 0 to England...

Gerard runs on open space...strikes and scores...England 2 - 0

Rooney amazing lifted the spirits of England...

Edited by luol_deng
without that cross England wouldve never got the first goal...he didnt suck tonight, if you watched it...he had a average game but overall he did his job...it was Rooney who added the lift to the game...

I would say Beckham did good as he was the one orchestrating those good crosses.. with the substitution of Rooney and Lennon, it was a different match considering well rested strikers against tired Trinidadian defenders.

will be watching at NSG tonight... ARG vs. PCG (tama ba?)

anyway.. lupet manood ng live..

sarap sa bora ng england vs. paraguay.. dami foreign dudes.. sobrang sigawan.. hehe.. lupet manood ng live.. LABAS kayo sa haws.. mas masaya pag dami tao.. dami kasama..

will be watching at NSG tonight... ARG vs. PCG (tama ba?)

anyway.. lupet manood ng live..

sarap sa bora ng england vs. paraguay.. dami foreign dudes.. sobrang sigawan.. hehe.. lupet manood ng live.. LABAS kayo sa haws.. mas masaya pag dami tao.. dami kasama..

If there's a lot there in Boracay... wait till you're here in UK... you can see die hard football fans all over the place... there's this guy that went in the restaurant that we were eating in and he screamed that England won 2-0 and the people in the resto went wild :thumbsupsmiley:

Amazing match!!  Spain looked very good tonight...  I'm not a Raul fan and didn't mind him being benched...

Here's a tip... don't bring a date to watch the games...  You'll end up making sure she's alright and not concentrating on the matches... :lol:

Kinda sleepy so I'm not bothering watching the Saudi vs Tunisia game...

Things look good for Spain... too bad the rest of their matches are too early in the morning during the work week... 

I guess it's safe to say that most of the teams have played already... so far who do you think are the teams to beat?

Brazil is still the team to beat they are composed of veteran and young players in addtion to their legendary coach.

i wasnt able to watch the Argentina match coz i went to a few drag racing tonight after watching Fast & Furious 3...newayz it finished 6-0 to Argentina, all great goals from the highlight...

in the Holland vs Ivory Coast its 2-1 now in the first half and its only been 40mins into it...I just saw Kone pull one back for the Ivory Coast...

If there's a lot there in Boracay... wait till you're here in UK... you can see die hard football fans all over the place... there's this guy that went in the restaurant that we were eating in and he screamed that England won 2-0 and the people in the resto went wild  :thumbsupsmiley:

yup.. mas grabe lalo sa UK.. i work in a call center which handles the most used directory assistance in the UK.. dami tumatawag nagtatanong kung napanod yung game tapos lahat nagcecelebrate.

HA!  :boo:  BECKHAM SUCKED ON THAT GAME?!!!! TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO V. ENGLAND GAME BA YANG PINANOOD MO,BRO?!! ha ha ha.

have you really watched the game?

anyway, maybe youre pointing out that some of his free kicks didn't go well (like one of his free kicks that went low that led to a counter-attack which their opponent had an opportunity to score) but overall, he did his part for making good balls to crouch and the others.

have you really watched the game?

anyway, maybe youre pointing out that some of his free kicks didn't go well (like one of his free kicks that went low that led to a counter-attack which their opponent had an opportunity to score) but overall, he did his part for making good balls to crouch and the others.

I think you quoted the wrong guy bro. :)

6-0 to argentina?!?! :boo:

oh yeah.. mali nga.. nagbackread muna ako before replying. my bad. :)

ok lang..... :) so far, among the favorites...IMO its only Argentina thats is living up to its billing as tournament favourites. Holland is slowly finding its form while Spain did well on their previous game.

Sad to say, and with due respect to England fans....if they continue to play like they did on their first two games....malabong umabot ng quarterfinals what more semis ang mga bata ni Eriksson. :(

lucky win

2-0 England...

beckham suxz the whole game...freakin long corner kicks...and most of the goals is in the lst 10 mins...

I think he played way better than Owen and some of the other england players. Becks doesn't really score, he crosses. Without his croses there would not have been a first goal. heck, there should have been more than one goal from his crosses. its just Crouch fumbled. Gerrard is still dependable.

did you see how good the argentinans play? they pass the ball so well. team effort talaga. Keep this form up and they could easily reach the finals.

I am waiting for the Italy vs USA game 3am this morning. go Azzuri!!

Dami din tao nanonood sa Grilla in Rockwell, puro pinoys. while in NSG dami mga foreigners watching. hehe