The Football Thread

Labuyo

yea i was able to watch the first two games of the world cup...even i dont know every player who plays for Ecuador or Costa Rica its just that world cup feeling that makes it exciting...The Germany vs Costa Rica match was very lively and alot of goal but for Germany sake their defence looked nervous all the way...

Only if i had a hard drive recorder i would be able to record all world cup matches and post them mtc for the peeps who cant view the matches :(

Spurs shun Carrick bid

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly rejected a £10 million offer for Michael Carrick from Manchester United.

Carrick, currently on World Cup duty with England, has been pinpointed by Sir Alex Ferguson as a midfield reinforcement for next season.

Ferguson is seeking a long-term replacement for Roy Keane and has identified Carrick as a candidate to fill in for his former skipper.

But Spurs gave The Red Devils' bid short shrift and have reportedly told their Premiership rivals that Carrick would cost £20 million.

It has been claimed that United faxed their offer to Tottenham on Friday and it is unclear if The Red Devils will now up the ante.

With Spurs planning for a return to European competition next season, they are unlikely to be in the mood to part with Carrick.

The ex-West Ham United midfielder was an influential figure during the North London club's push for UEFA Champions League football.

Though Spurs ultimately had to settle for Uefa Cup qualification, Carrick is one of the cornerstones of Martin Jol's long-term plans.

[READ]

lol and we failed to qualify as always. Btw some rising stars in the Premiership Clubs.

Younghusband is the last name of the rising Filipino Star Striker in Chelsea FC.

I think:

Brazil will win - as they have a fit team. as of the moment, ronaldo is their first striker..

England - i guess they can win if they concentrate . midfield is in goodshape as of the moment. Striker wise, defoe does not have enough experience imo in terms of world cup. david beckham should be in the bench, he doesnt seem fit in the la liga..

France - Maybe, Makalele is back from retirement, Gallas is in perfect shape, Herny? we wil see. we will see.

Italy - They have a new coach who doesnt care about top players, its all about the willingness to win he says ;) Good contender tho..

Serbia Montenegro - Strikers fighting each other during training sure would cause them their downfall.

Spain - I guess will be in the last 10 only. No outstanding thing in it. Cassilas sure does suck now as a goalkeeper.

Czech Republic - if the defenders and their outstanding peter cech (Goalkeeper) work together, they are an unstoppable force.

Japan? - i dont knw dont ask me.

South Korea - we wil see. their pride is all in football now.

Holland - their U21 is the kings of europe, can the big guys do it ?

Germany - blah blah blah, Ballack out, Kahn arguing with lehmans.. lol

but am sure gonna bet once it starts as well as the EPL begins, whos up for it?

just came back from singapore and would like to meet some chelsea fc fans ;)

btw im s fan since 2000, no morinho no abramovich ;) just plain ZOLA!

The Serbia Montenegro fall out was between United defender Vidic and frontman Kezman when Vidic did a tough tackle during practice and made Kezman miss a warm up game but the two have made up now...

For Spain they always look good but never did anything good in international level...

Holland doesnt look that strong maybe thats because they dont have the big names like they had back in 1998 but what i heard Van Basten wanted a friendly harmony within the team so thats why he got rid of the big names...

Japan the strongest team in Asia but lack the flair upfront, overall a very good technical team...

France well can Henry unchoke himself?...

& England i say they will reach out of group stage but maybe an early exit they just dont seem to have that X-Factor to win it...

Australia will be a good contender as well. Their Boro Goalkeeper captain is in good form. Viduka (striker) as well ;) So who knws the odds? and they have that Everton midfield guy too but forgot his name :P

Japan - will definitely be a question mark as from what i heard from my friends in holland is that they are useless without their Brazilian coach ;) well thats what dutchies would say anywayz ;)

T&T - would surely suck big time unless they do it the South Korean way last world cup ;)

Australia are a good contender to exit the first group stage behind Brazil...i see Japan as their real test and they havent done good against them, Croatia arent as strong as they were a few years ago but still a threat. Australia needs to lift their game and after watching the friendly against the Nerthlands boy did they look very short & all over the place if it wasnt for Chipperfield, Bresciano & Schwazer they wouldve been 10 - nill down haha...

The Everton guy name is Tim Cahill...And Viduka needs to go back to penalty training...

lol and we failed to qualify as always. Btw some rising stars in the Premiership Clubs.

Younghusband is the last name of the rising Filipino Star Striker in Chelsea FC.

I think:

Brazil will win - as they have a fit team. as of the moment, ronaldo is their first striker..

England - i guess they can win if they concentrate . midfield is in goodshape as of the moment. Striker wise, defoe does not have enough experience imo in terms of world cup. david beckham should be in the bench, he doesnt seem fit in the la liga..

France - Maybe, Makalele is back from retirement, Gallas is in perfect shape, Herny? we wil see. we will see.

Italy - They have a new coach who doesnt care about top players, its all about the willingness to win he says ;) Good contender tho..

Serbia Montenegro - Strikers fighting each other during training sure would cause them their downfall.

Spain - I guess will be in the last 10 only. No outstanding thing in it. Cassilas sure does suck now as a goalkeeper.

Czech Republic - if the defenders and their outstanding peter cech (Goalkeeper) work together, they are an unstoppable force.

Japan? - i dont knw dont ask me.

South Korea - we wil see. their pride is all in football now.

Holland - their U21 is the kings of europe, can the big guys do it ?

Germany - blah blah blah, Ballack out, Kahn arguing with lehmans.. lol

but am sure gonna bet once it starts as well as the EPL begins, whos up for it?

just came back from singapore and would like to meet some chelsea fc fans ;)

btw im s fan since 2000, no morinho no abramovich ;) just plain ZOLA!

why bench beckham!??!?!?!?!?!?! hes a top class player

and iker is the top spanish goal keeper! :grr:

The Serbia Montenegro fall out was between United defender Vidic and frontman Kezman when Vidic did a tough tackle during practice and made Kezman miss a warm up game but the two have made up now...

For Spain they always look good but never did anything good in international level...

Holland doesnt look that strong maybe thats because they dont have the big names like they had back in 1998 but what i heard Van Basten wanted a friendly harmony within the team so thats why he got rid of the big names...

Japan the strongest team in Asia but lack the flair upfront, overall a very good technical team...

France well can Henry unchoke himself?...

& England i say they will reach out of group stage but maybe an early exit they just dont seem to have that X-Factor to win it...

Australia are a good contender to exit the first group stage behind Brazil...i see Japan as their real test and they havent done good against them, Croatia arent as strong as they were a few years ago but still a threat. Australia needs to lift their game and after watching the friendly against the Nerthlands boy did they look very short & all over the place if it wasnt for Chipperfield, Bresciano & Schwazer they wouldve been 10 - nill down haha...

The Everton guy name is Tim Cahill...And Viduka needs to go back to penalty training...

Yea, England doesnt have the X Factor but they have a strong midfield nw compared to the last World Cup ;) so dont put them out yet ;)

I agree that Viduka need penalty training but its not purely rested on him only, they have a team with high morale, so dont count them out first as well ;) Take a look at South Korea last world cup ;)

Japan as i have obeserved from video tapes yesterday looks like a set piece type of team. So yes, they are a technical team in asia but not the strongest ;)

I guess u really havent been watching teams from Holland eh? sad for you sad for u ;)

They dont even need good names in the team to make it to the finals. They already pack a punch in the forward and midfield section with their squad ;)

You are correct with Spain. They need to redo their entire team and not just get names, they should get quality players and new ones too ;) A new team and new squad sure would scare the opposition cuz they dont knw the players ;)

Kezman sure did suck in the EPL, wonder what performance he will give out now in the WC2006.

Oh yeah, Cahill ;) tnx

we wooooooooon!!!

score was contributed by,non other than DAVID BECKHAM himself,i think mr.underground you owe my hero an apology. (excuse my grammar,im quite tipsy at the moment :lol: )

Go England!!!!!!

omg ur a total noob when it comes to watching matches in the EPL it was lampard who should be praised and gerrard for working as the attack engine for the team.

It WAS AN OWN GOAL FFS. I DO NOT OWE YOU AN APOLOGY as beckham was not the only one who CONTRIBUTED to that own goal.

and as a remark for the England team. they sure gave me a very boring boring night.

Argentina however gave me a nice game :)

Ivory coast battled to their last breathe and its looks funny on how drogba and crespo could fight on the turf. it looks more like a training match instead of a real game.

Holland sucked pretty much imo. lots of good chances yet sooo far from the score sheet.

talk about a majority of clean sheets last night. :(

omg ur a total noob when it comes to watching matches in the EPL it was lampard who should be praised and gerrard for working as the attack engine for the team.

It WAS AN OWN GOAL FFS. I DO NOT OWE YOU AN APOLOGY as beckham was not the only one who CONTRIBUTED to that own goal.

and as a remark for the England team. they sure gave me a very boring boring night.

Argentina however gave me a nice game :)

Ivory coast battled to their last breathe and its looks funny on how drogba and crespo could fight on the turf. it looks more like a training match instead of a real game.

Holland sucked pretty much imo. lots of good chances yet sooo far from the score sheet.

talk about a majority of clean sheets last night. :(

touché,i must say that im prejudiced against lampard and gerrard coz im a manunited fan as well :lol:

i dont like liverpool and chelsea,just so you know :)

i must admit though,the england game disappointed me. i was expecting them to win by like 3-0 to 4-0.\

It wasnt an England classic but was a pretty good game to say the least.

Mr.Underground peace tayo ha :D ,England fan lng talaga ako,kahit gano ka bulok ang performance nila basta they have the 3pts in the bag im happy :lol:

GO ENGLAND!!!!!

touché,i must say that im prejudiced against lampard and gerrard coz im a manunited fan as well :lol:

i dont like liverpool and chelsea,just so you know  :)

You are indeed a noob in your own right. Your siding with England and you now mentioned that you dont like Lampard and Gerrard cuz ur are a ManUtd Fan and dont tell me u like Beckham cuz he is a Real Madrid player now. Get a life u noob. Seriously u noob post relevant things not ur own one sided thoughts and your rubbish remarks dont belong in this thread IMO cuz its sickening to read it i mean u watch football and you dont even knw what your talking about and what you are replying in this forum.

Read and understand. Digest it before you reply.