The Football Thread

Labuyo

i followed unvwalkalone and subscribed to skycable for all the games (live and delayed)

you can even pass it through the VCR and record the games in case you can't stay up that late

it cost 6000 but for all 62 games that around 97/game.  assuming i only watch half it's still cheaper than going to the bar or hotel...

and its more fun to watch with football fans around the metro...

ano sama sama tayo manuod sa nsg or fridays?...kahit openning game...tapos sa semis na ulit then finals....

good news to all football fans and especially to england supporters....the bbc will broadcast on their websitew ww.bbc.co.uk , live games of england's world cup matches and as far as i know this service is going to be free. :thumbsupsmiley:

yes,my english friend confirmed this,for free nga daw manood :thumbsupsmiley:

God Save The Queen!!!

GO ENGALND!!! :lol: :thumbsupsmiley: :D

i know some restos at pasay road nagpapalabas ng finals...they put up a big screen sa labas then may mga tables and chairs sa labas din...i think its a jap resto as far as i remember...

Which restos in pasay road? lapit lang ako dun. hehe

BTW i heard from a friend that National Sports Grill will only show the games that are being shown live at 9pm and 12 midnight. They won't be showing the games that start at 3am daw because sarado na sila. :angry:

Some of the nice games are shown live at 3am like the England-Sweden game. :grr:

Is this true?

Which bars kaya are open til the wee hours?

Viva BRAZIL !!

Viva Ronaldhino, Ronaldo!!!!

BRAZIL is the top team to beat!!!!

always been a Ronaldo fan!

I would agree that Brazil is the team to beat (with the way they played the most recent friendlies)... and they are the defending champs...

I am rooting for the host team Germany...unproven team but who knows what the home crowd can do? It happened in Japan/Korea in 2002 when Korea sprung up a surprise... :lol:

Legitimate contenders: France (because of my favorites Zidane and Henry), England (played well recently) and the dark horse Iran...

and its more fun to watch with football fans around the metro...

ano sama sama tayo manuod sa nsg or fridays?...kahit openning game...tapos sa semis na ulit then finals....

yes,my english friend confirmed this,for free nga daw manood :thumbsupsmiley:

God Save The Queen!!!

GO ENGALND!!! :lol: :thumbsupsmiley:  :D

Tara lets. NSG tayo. Papalabas din kaya yung opening ceremonies?

why is it that there is so much hype with england?... :huh:

the heck... every sports show last night had wayne rooney's light practice on the headline... <_<

that show-off brat should learn the value of patience... a foot injury is one of the worst things that can happen to a football player...

or maybe it's just a psychological game that sven goran eriksson is trying to pull off...

the heck... every sports show last night had wayne rooney's light practice on the headline... <_<

that show-off brat should learn the value of patience... a foot injury is one of the worst things that can happen to a football player...

or maybe it's just a psychological game that sven goran eriksson is trying to pull off...

england kasi has the media power...the espn sports center we have right now is the uk..kaya un..and malaki lng tlga ulo ng mga english that they will win the world cup which i think they wont...haha...

coz Engalnd is a great footballing nation. the reason for the hype about wayne rooney is because he is a great young striker who can compete with the likes of henry,van nistelrooij,raul,shevchenco..hey may be not as good but he allong with the above mention have flair and thats one of the reasons i think :thumbsupsmiley:

GO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

i call nsg papalabas daw eh,if not sa guiloes(excuse my spelling) sa eastwood daw,coz some of my mates would watch it there :lol:

gweilos ata spelling..nweis i saw a commercial of sports plus and their partners in the world cup...daming restos and hotels magpapalabas!!!...i remember fiama din...basta madami...lets pick one place tapos dun tayo plgi para ok..

sven should tap either jermaine defoe or andy johnson... in case bonnie prince rooney will not be cleared by the doctor... which i think is going to happen...

additional rant towards england... why is there also so much hype with peter crouch?... nakakatawang tignan sa field dahil sobrang stiff... trying hard na maglaro... hindi nga maka-score ng isang malinis goal... sinuwerte lang s'ya sa goal n'ya against the budapest blues...

sa brazil pa rin ako... adriano and ronaldo up front... tapos sina kaka, ronaldhino, ze roberto, and juninho pernambucano sa middle... then sina cafu, cris, lucio, and roberto carlos sa defense... with dida manning the goal... :thumbsupsmiley:

gweilos ata spelling..nweis i saw a commercial of sports plus and their partners in the world cup...daming restos and hotels magpapalabas!!!...i remember fiama din...basta madami...lets pick one place tapos dun tayo plgi para ok..

i think we should go with the place with the biggest tv :lol:

msg so far ang best contender for that category :D

GO ENGLAND!!!!

btw napapansin ko yung team na sinusupportahan ko is the team that everybody LOVES to hate :( (ie: manu,real madrid,England).i can say just one thing about it,ouch :(

wala bang pustahan dito? to make it more exciting, why don't we hold a contest. pot luck, who ever gets to predict the top three finishers get a prize.  :thumbsupsmiley:

para bang fantasy football?...thats nice..but we should set muna a place to meet...i think marami nmn tayo dito gusto manuod sa bar e...anymore suggestions kng san pwede?..nsg is fine with me...

Anywhere na mura ang beer.  I think sa gweilos in eastwood's cheap.  Haven't been to NSG eh.

Allons-y, France!!!!!

Big blow to FRANCE...Cisse broke a leg in friendly with China. He's definitely out of the World Cup. Sayang...

But my opinion on the top four still holds: Brazil, Germany, France, England (Iran has an easy group, if they could keep playing the way they have been playing in their recent friendly matches, they could be the surprise of the 2006 World Cup. Players to watch for are Ali Karimi, the "Asian Maradona" and the older but experienced striker Ali Daei).

wala bang pustahan dito? to make it more exciting, why don't we hold a contest. pot luck, who ever gets to predict the top three finishers get a prize.  :thumbsupsmiley:

oooo a wager,thats nice,pero masmaganda sana na yung betting natin we will pick a team na we think will win the world cup,tapos whoever bets on the winning team gets the pot money :D max 3 teams per person.ok b ito mates?

how much per bet?? :lol:

spain! barca!

RONALDINHO THE BEST AND HIGHEST PAID BRAZILIAN PLAYER THAT DEFECTED TO BARCA..

grabe yaman na ng hayop na yan.. hanep sa skill.. i have watched his demonstrations of skill on videos .. he could use his feet like hands in catching the ball.. may sa unggoy yata yan..

Edited by THUG

why isn't the Philippines included in the world cup?

our government should focus on this sport..

this is where the Filipinos have a strong chance of gaining international recognition and respect.. being small and fast..

remember we used to play sipa using roof corks.. those are hard and heavy corks.. its very much similar with our skill.. or perhaps SEPAK TAKRAW.. we have players who are very good at this..

so stop the nonsense watching and playing basketball.. it does not fit us.. play football instead!