The Football Thread

Labuyo

why isn't the Philippines included in the world cup?

our government should focus on this sport..

this is where the Filipinos have a strong chance of gaining international recognition and respect.. being small and fast..

remember we used to play sipa using roof corks.. those are hard and heavy corks..  its very much similar with our skill.. or perhaps SEPAK TAKRAW.. we have players who are very good at this..

so stop the nonsense watching and playing basketball.. it does not fit us.. play football instead!

I don't think Philippines has intentions to join the world cup. I don't even think we have a chance for a world cup qualifier. In all of Asia, Philippines is the only country that doesn't participate in soccer matches. Even in the Asian Tiger Cup we don't send any teams.

They say that Pinoys have the potential for a good ballclub - but the way I say it, since all the neighboring countries are so indulge in Football I don't think we have a chance. Basketball maybe, but Football - marami pa tayong kakainin bigas. Even the thought of hiring European coaches just to train the team would be a far sighted dream. All other asian nations have been beefing up their budgets to get European coaches to train them.

It would take some time before the Philippines would open it's eyes to be involved in football. Masyado na tayong close-minded for Basketball. I just don't know why - maybe American culture has too much roots within us that's why we go with their perception that we much rather love basketball or baseball.

I don't think Philippines has intentions to join the world cup.  I don't even think we have a chance for a world cup qualifier.  In all of Asia, Philippines is the only country that doesn't participate in soccer matches.  Even in the Asian Tiger Cup we don't send any teams.

They say that Pinoys have the potential for a good ballclub - but the way I say it, since all the neighboring countries are so indulge in Football I don't think we have a chance.  Basketball maybe, but Football - marami pa tayong kakainin bigas.  Even the thought of hiring European coaches just to train the team would be a far sighted dream.  All other asian nations have been beefing up their budgets to get European coaches to train them. 

It would take some time before the Philippines would open it's eyes to be involved in football.  Masyado na tayong close-minded for Basketball.  I just don't know why - maybe American culture has too much roots within us that's why we go with their perception that we much rather love basketball or baseball.

sayang.. kung na implement lang sana nung panahon ni marcos.. tapos by this time e asian powerhouse na ang Philippines sa soccer.. at isa na akong member ng Philippine Soccer Team..hehehe.. yaman ko na.. maliit kase ako.. pero was good at sipa using heavy steel corks when i was a kid.. its very similar to what ronaldinho does in his exhibition with the football.. plus the fact that im a fast runner..

e sa totoo lang, pinaglaruan lang tayo ng mga amerikano kaya basketball ang pinalaro nila sa atin.. alam kase nila na di fit sa atin yung sport kase malilit tayo..

alisin na natin basketball.. lets focus on football.. mas bagay sa atin yun..

why isn't the Philippines included in the world cup?

our government should focus on this sport..

this is where the Filipinos have a strong chance of gaining international recognition and respect.. being small and fast..

remember we used to play sipa using roof corks.. those are hard and heavy corks..  its very much similar with our skill.. or perhaps SEPAK TAKRAW.. we have players who are very good at this..

so stop the nonsense watching and playing basketball.. it does not fit us.. play football instead!

How? There’s no established professional league...they will need to fund alot of money to establish schools and leagues...this could take another good 20+ years just for things to happen...

Unless theres some great Filipino players that are over in Euro right now trying to get a gig, then no Philippines in the World Cup is a long pipe dream...

For the record, we sent a team to all Tiger Cup matches, and we didn't join the qualifiers for this year's WC, although on previous years, sumali tayo sa qualifiers.

lol and we failed to qualify as always. Btw some rising stars in the Premiership Clubs.

Younghusband is the last name of the rising Filipino Star Striker in Chelsea FC.

I think:

Brazil will win - as they have a fit team. as of the moment, ronaldo is their first striker..

England - i guess they can win if they concentrate . midfield is in goodshape as of the moment. Striker wise, defoe does not have enough experience imo in terms of world cup. david beckham should be in the bench, he doesnt seem fit in the la liga..

France - Maybe, Makalele is back from retirement, Gallas is in perfect shape, Herny? we wil see. we will see.

Italy - They have a new coach who doesnt care about top players, its all about the willingness to win he says ;) Good contender tho..

Serbia Montenegro - Strikers fighting each other during training sure would cause them their downfall.

Spain - I guess will be in the last 10 only. No outstanding thing in it. Cassilas sure does suck now as a goalkeeper.

Czech Republic - if the defenders and their outstanding peter cech (Goalkeeper) work together, they are an unstoppable force.

Japan? - i dont knw dont ask me.

South Korea - we wil see. their pride is all in football now.

Holland - their U21 is the kings of europe, can the big guys do it ?

Germany - blah blah blah, Ballack out, Kahn arguing with lehmans.. lol

but am sure gonna bet once it starts as well as the EPL begins, whos up for it?

just came back from singapore and would like to meet some chelsea fc fans ;)

btw im s fan since 2000, no morinho no abramovich ;) just plain ZOLA!

lol and we failed to qualify as always. Btw some rising stars in the Premiership Clubs.

Younghusband is the last name of the rising Filipino Star Striker in Chelsea FC.

I think:

Brazil will win - as they have a fit team. as of the moment, ronaldo is their first striker..

England - i guess they can win if they concentrate . midfield is in goodshape as of the moment. Striker wise, defoe does not have enough experience imo in terms of world cup. david beckham should be in the bench, he doesnt seem fit in the la liga..

France - Maybe, Makalele is back from retirement, Gallas is in perfect shape, Herny? we wil see. we will see.

Italy - They have a new coach who doesnt care about top players, its all about the willingness to win he says ;) Good contender tho..

Serbia Montenegro - Strikers fighting each other during training sure would cause them their downfall.

Spain - I guess will be in the last 10 only. No outstanding thing in it. Cassilas sure does suck now as a goalkeeper.

Czech Republic - if the defenders and their outstanding peter cech (Goalkeeper) work together, they are an unstoppable force.

Japan? - i dont knw dont ask me.

South Korea - we wil see. their pride is all in football now.

Holland - their U21 is the kings of europe, can the big guys do it ?

Germany - blah blah blah, Ballack out, Kahn arguing with lehmans.. lol

but am sure gonna bet once it starts as well as the EPL begins, whos up for it?

just came back from singapore and would like to meet some chelsea fc fans ;)

btw im s fan since 2000, no morinho no abramovich ;) just plain ZOLA!

Bro, one of the Younghusband bros. just got kicked out of Chelsea. Floating na sya. ;)

france lesser chances in winning with cisse out...

ballack wont play against costa rica because of an injury...

GO SPAIN!!!

see yall at nsg tom!!!...

Lol. to start with Cisse sucked big time. I thought he was a good player before he signed up for liverpool but after his leg break insident, he wasnt the same again. henry is their striker of choice now but can he cope to pressure? remember, Arsenal sucks in UEFA Champions league they wer just lucky last round on battling Barca.

As was mentioned by my post, Ballack isnt even good he is just an additional skipper slash midfielder and their new captain, there are tons of good aspiring germans in the midfield arena. He will play against Poland hopefully in the next match.

Spain? -_-* Omg

check this out www.livescore.com and www.activeodds.com

I have been checking this sites out when EPL season or UEFA championship begins for my betting ;)

PM me if u would like top challenge me ;)

I don't think Philippines has intentions to join the world cup.  I don't even think we have a chance for a world cup qualifier.  In all of Asia, Philippines is the only country that doesn't participate in soccer matches.  Even in the Asian Tiger Cup we don't send any teams.

They say that Pinoys have the potential for a good ballclub - but the way I say it, since all the neighboring countries are so indulge in Football I don't think we have a chance.  Basketball maybe, but Football - marami pa tayong kakainin bigas.  Even the thought of hiring European coaches just to train the team would be a far sighted dream.  All other asian nations have been beefing up their budgets to get European coaches to train them. 

It would take some time before the Philippines would open it's eyes to be involved in football.  Masyado na tayong close-minded for Basketball.  I just don't know why - maybe American culture has too much roots within us that's why we go with their perception that we much rather love basketball or baseball.

the yanks realy deserve the blame for the football illiteracy of the filipinos.basketball is not for us coz we dont have the height.in football height isnt that big a deal,we let our feet do the talking :lol: :thumbsupsmiley:

...i'm hoping that some of the underdog teams will make it through the group matches...since i started watching the world cup, i'm always cheering on them....hehehe....the top teams are way too good! give others a chance..hehehe :) ....

for those on the top, i would go for england, france...

underdogs - japan (astig si nakata e)..and those african teams....

Australia will be a good contender as well. Their Boro Goalkeeper captain is in good form. Viduka (striker) as well ;) So who knws the odds? and they have that Everton midfield guy too but forgot his name :P

Japan - will definitely be a question mark as from what i heard from my friends in holland is that they are useless without their Brazilian coach ;) well thats what dutchies would say anywayz ;)

T&T - would surely suck big time unless they do it the South Korean way last world cup ;)

Any meeting place near Q.C? Its holland vs england i wanted to see ;)

Its one of the best matches of all time. Did you knw that Holland hasnt been beaten by England since 1968 or somewhere there :P

im sure you wont see that match in the group stages,well i hope we wont meet either,argentina or brazil at the knock out stages coz they always beat us at that poin,better save it for the semis or quarter finals :lol:

GO ENGALND!!!!!

im sure you wont see that match in the group stages,well i hope we wont meet either,argentina or brazil at the knock out stages coz they always beat us at that poin,better save it for the semis or quarter finals :lol:

GO ENGALND!!!!!

Why are you afraid of Brazil and Argentina when the England team is all stars as well? Its all about right key decisions during the match that will win the game. yes u can watch group stages as well ;)