The Football Thread

Labuyo

Yea, England doesnt have the X Factor but they have a strong midfield nw compared to the last World Cup ;) so dont put them out yet ;)

I agree that Viduka need penalty training but its not purely rested on him only, they have a team with high morale, so dont count them out first as well ;) Take a look at South Korea last world cup ;)

Japan as i have obeserved from video tapes yesterday looks like a set piece type of team. So yes, they are a technical team in asia but not the strongest ;)

I guess u really havent been watching teams from Holland eh? sad for you sad for u ;)

They dont even need good names in the team to make it to the finals. They already pack a punch in the forward and midfield section with their squad ;)

You are correct with Spain. They need to redo their entire team and not just get names, they should get quality players and new ones too ;) A new team and new squad sure would scare the opposition cuz they dont knw the players ;)

Kezman sure did suck in the EPL, wonder what performance he will give out now in the WC2006.

Oh yeah, Cahill ;) tnx

Noo i have watched Holland a few times already i said they dont look strong because they dont have any big names and yes you are right that they dont need them...

ENGLAND vs. PARAGUAY (1-0)

What a very boring game.  Though they played like a team (walang pa-star) they still couldn't make a good break.

Nice win, but not impressive. :thumbsdownsmiley:

correct a very boring game...

Nah, its just half time as of the moment, it can go both ways ;)

yea, it was indeed still half-time when i posted the score but as all of you guys knew by now,that turned out to be the final score.

beckham should really be given credit for that winning goal whether it's an own goal or not.it was his cross that put the ball in front of the goal. lampard was superb and could have added two more goals to the final tally.gerrard? i admire the bloke but he lost the plot on that game and it wasn't helped by the reckless tackle he did that earned him a yellow card.from then on,it was downhill for him

You are indeed a noob in your own right. Your siding with England and you now mentioned that you dont like Lampard and Gerrard cuz ur are a ManUtd Fan and dont tell me u like Beckham cuz he is a Real Madrid player now. Get a life u noob. Seriously u noob post relevant things not ur own one sided thoughts and your rubbish remarks dont belong in this thread IMO cuz its sickening to read it i mean u watch football and you dont even knw what your talking about and what you are replying in this forum.

Read and understand. Digest it before you reply.

uuuyyyyy pre! wala tayong ganyanan dito. every one is entitled to their own opinion. if redshirt wants to post his views as an england and man. united fan, he has the right to do so.

and if you want to post ur analytical points of view of the beautiful game,then so be it. :mtc:

I don't think Philippines has intentions to join the world cup.  I don't even think we have a chance for a world cup qualifier.  In all of Asia, Philippines is the only country that doesn't participate in soccer matches.  Even in the Asian Tiger Cup we don't send any teams.

They say that Pinoys have the potential for a good ballclub - but the way I say it, since all the neighboring countries are so indulge in Football I don't think we have a chance.  Basketball maybe, but Football - marami pa tayong kakainin bigas.  Even the thought of hiring European coaches just to train the team would be a far sighted dream.  All other asian nations have been beefing up their budgets to get European coaches to train them. 

It would take some time before the Philippines would open it's eyes to be involved in football.  Masyado na tayong close-minded for Basketball.  I just don't know why - maybe American culture has too much roots within us that's why we go with their perception that we much rather love basketball or baseball.

minor correction here.. we do send a team in the Tiger Cup.. we had our butts kicked backed in 2002 when we lost 13-1.. then we had our first win since the tournament has started against East Timor in 2004.

nagcompete din tayo nung southeast asian games.. may mga import tayo like the younghusband's and the greatwich's.

i ended up watching the mexico vs iran match and i must say that was the best match so far...it ended 3-1 to Mexico but two quick late goals were the real highlight...overall it was an pacey exciting match...

portugal vs angola starting soon...damn im getting sleepy...i wanna see my boy Cristiano!!! :D

Edited by luol_deng
USA?...this is a football game which they call soccer....lets just see how they perform against the czechs and the whole group E...

congrats to netherlands...1-0 by robben..havent seen the match though...

haha hey australia calls soccer football tooo!! but USA is good they did great in 2002...and they are like top 10 in the FIFA rankings?? Im sure they should reach 2nd round...

I just finished watching the Portugal vs Angola match...it ended 1-0 to Portugal and Portugal tonight didnt play their best, Pauleta scored on the 4th minute mark and then they sub Cristiano Ronaldo on the 65th minute which kinda slowed the pace down...Overall for Angola a great learning match, in the last 30 minutes they played tight defence and direct passes that created openings that scared the hell out of Portugal but Angola lacked that flair and ball handling that counts in the end and many of the build of passes ended up going sour....They had a few direct shots that the Portugal keeper had to save but in the end no real danger...Portugal couldve gone 2 up with a Maniche screamer in the 91st minute only for the keeper of Angola to palm it away...

Ok off to bed...

minor correction here.. we do send a team in the Tiger Cup.. we had our butts kicked backed in 2002 when we lost 13-1.. then we had our first win since the tournament has started against East Timor in 2004.

nagcompete din tayo nung southeast asian games.. may mga import tayo like the younghusband's and the greatwich's.

ah, yup.. sorry, forgot about that.. yeah, I remember now the SEA games, we were seeded with those Ital-Fil guys, but didn't made even the semi-finals.. too bad...

where are these two brothers now? still with the Philippine Squad?

You are indeed a noob in your own right. Your siding with England and you now mentioned that you dont like Lampard and Gerrard cuz ur are a ManUtd Fan and dont tell me u like Beckham cuz he is a Real Madrid player now. Get a life u noob. Seriously u noob post relevant things not ur own one sided thoughts and your rubbish remarks dont belong in this thread IMO cuz its sickening to read it i mean u watch football and you dont even knw what your talking about and what you are replying in this forum.

Read and understand. Digest it before you reply.

bro i believe ikaw ang noobie dito sa thread na ito.

if you don't like other people's views you have two options:

you can choose to ignore the posts which aren't to your liking or you can choose not to go to this thread. :)

i don't mind reading contrasting and conflicting views, but there are ways to express them properly without humiliating other posters/members.

:mtc:

bro i believe ikaw ang noobie dito sa thread na ito.

if you don't like other people's views you have two options:

you can choose to ignore the posts which aren't to your liking or you can choose not to go to this thread. :)

i don't mind reading contrasting and conflicting views, but there are ways to express them properly without humiliating other posters/members.

:mtc:

cheers to you too mate :)