The Football Thread

Labuyo

mexico and korea are prolly there na din...australia too

Don't know what happened with Mexico. After 3-1 win over Iran, they couldn't seem to find their bearings in the game with Angola and ended up with a disappointing 0-0 draw....Their next match againt Portugal will not be easy. They must be hoping that Portugal (which is leading the group with 6 points and can now afford to drop one game before the next round), will be resting their key players during the match against El Tri....

Ang team na nagulat ako na malakas = ECUADOR..grabe straight to round of 16 kagad, di ko masyado familiar sa players nila, sino ba kilala dun? si Agustin Delgado mukhang magaling, san leagues naglalaro ba tong mga to? feeling ko sila ang isa sa mga dark horse ng 2006 World Cup..

Very disappointing ang CZECH REPUBLIC, na-upset sila ng Ghana, 2-0, tsk tsk tsk pero yun nga lang, injured kasi si Jan Koller & Milan Barros, pero hindi dapat excuse yun, na-outmatch ng midfield ng Ghana w/ Michael Essien & Co. sila Pavel Nedved, Thomas Rosicky & Co..akala ko pa nman straight to round of 16 na sila..

Kaya ko napili ang SAUDI ARABIA kasi UKRAINE has disappointed sa 1st match nila, sana mabawi nila Andriy Shevchenko & Co. and makapasok ng round of 16, actually halos pareho lang ang chance nung 3 (UKRAINE, SAUDI ARABIA, TUNISIA), mahirap i-call kung sino makakasama ng SPAIN sa round of 16..

KOREA REPUBLIC has shown na sila na ang bagong ASIAN POWERHOUSE, ganda ng nilalaro nila, consistent pa, JAPAN has really disappointed, kala ko pa naman sila ang magdadala ng bandera ng ASIA..

Undecided groups:

GROUP B

Mukhang SWEDEN na ang sasama sa ENGLAND sa round of 16...

GROUP D

Palagay ko MEXICO has the quality to make the round of 16 with PORTUGAL...

GROUP E

Feeling ko talaga CZECH REPUBLIC & ITALY talaga ang pakiramdam kong makakapasok sa round of 16, pero sa nilalaro ng GHANA & USA, ang hirap pa din i-call ng group na to..

GROUP F

With the disappointing play of JAPAN & CROATIA, AUSTRALIA seems to be the favorites to join BRAZIL in the round of 16..

GROUP G

Palagay ko kahit medyo tightly contested ang group na to, mag-eemerge ang KOREA REPUBLIC & FRANCE sa round of 16..pero may quality pa din ang TOGO & SWITZERLAND para ichallenge ang leaders ng group until the end..

GROUP H

Mukhang sa 3 teams na nagsstruggle sa group na to, lahat sila ay may equal na chances na makapasok sa round of 16 (UKRAINE, TUNISIA, & SAUDI ARABIA), wala tlga ko ma-call na makakapasok sa round of 16, pero dati gusto ko UKRAINE kaso kakadisappoint talaga sila kaya mas naffavor ko na ngayon ang SAUDI ARABIA kasi galing din sila ng ASIA..

Ang malalakas na teams talaga ARGENTINA, BRAZIL & NETHERLANDS..

Disappointing teams include ENGLAND, CZECH REPUBLIC, UKRAINE, USA, ITALY, FRANCE & JAPAN..

Youth Player of the World Cup 2006(sa ngayon ah): Lionel Messi (kung hindi magiimprove ang laro ni Wayne Rooney, pero si Rooney ang gusto ko manalo ng award na to)..

Ang team na nagulat ako na malakas = ECUADOR..grabe straight to round of 16 kagad, di ko masyado familiar sa players nila, sino ba kilala dun? si Agustin Delgado mukhang magaling, san leagues naglalaro ba tong mga to? feeling ko sila ang isa sa mga dark horse ng 2006 World Cup..

I think the key to the success of the Ecuadorian team is the fact that most players come from only 2 or 3 teams in their national league. Therefore, they are very familiar with each other. That includes Delgado. They only have one player playing in Europe (Dela Cruz who plays for Aston Villa?) and then 2 or 3 playing in the Arab league.

KOREA REPUBLIC has shown na sila na ang bagong ASIAN POWERHOUSE, ganda ng nilalaro nila, consistent pa, JAPAN has really disappointed, kala ko pa naman sila ang magdadala ng bandera ng ASIA..

Actually, I consider Korea as the face of Asian football. They have qualified for the World Cup more times than Japan and I think every World Cup since 1958? (Anyone who has better info, please share)... And let's not forget that they reached the semi-finals during the last World Cup eliminating traditionally strong teams like Italy etc. along the way. :cool:

Saudi Arabia is another consistent qualifier. But neither Japan nor Saudi have ever gone beyond the first round. :unsure:

nice win by the brazilians...but not yet convincing as how spain and argentina won their last game..

henry...goal!!!..9th minute...1-0 to france...

It's the same things they did last World Cup... It's so obvious that the Brazilians are pacing their plays but their game excellence was still there. Ronaldo seems to be decieving like he's been getting old, but have you saw the his play with the fake and assist to Adriano? these guys can score goals with their eyes closed.. I think the Brazilian team are reserving their brilliant plays for the final four... Ronaldhino haven't showed up some good form yet, but it still was obvious that he was hot for the goal... there were some lapses because it's a star-studded team, but you can easily recognize their flow of team coordination even with their back against the goal... what more can I say?

VIVA BRAZIL!!! VIVA RONALDO AND RONALDHINO!!!

i dont know what it is but since moving to australia i feel compeld to route for the national team.

haha i know how you feel, its that Australian underdog story...and the fact its our first time reaching the World stage for a long long time...and for Johnny Warren!!!

Actually, I consider Korea as the face of Asian football.  They have qualified for the World Cup more times than Japan and I think every World Cup since 1958?  (Anyone who has better info, please share)... And let's not forget that they reached the semi-finals during the last World Cup eliminating traditionally strong teams like Italy etc. along the way. :cool:

Saudi Arabia is another consistent qualifier.  But neither Japan nor Saudi have ever gone beyond the first round. :unsure:

Yea South Korea or Republic of Korea are an Asian powerhouse along with Japan but Japan this year as Nakata has said there isnt any heart into the team, they have great individual talents but somehow never manages to gel or flow together unlike the Koreans who play great team football and using star talents like Park Ji Sung when have too....

South Korea made the World Cup in 1954 then six consecutive times since the 1986 World Cup...in total 7

It's the same things they did last World Cup...   It's so obvious that the Brazilians are pacing their plays but their game excellence was still there.   Ronaldo seems to be decieving like he's been getting old, but have you saw the his play with the fake and assist to Adriano?  these guys can score goals with their eyes closed.. I think the Brazilian team are reserving their brilliant plays for the final four...  Ronaldhino haven't showed up some good form yet, but it still was obvious that he was hot for the goal...  there were some lapses because it's a star-studded team, but you can easily recognize their flow of team coordination even with their back against the goal...    what more can I say? 

VIVA BRAZIL!!!  VIVA RONALDO AND RONALDHINO!!!

I agree Brazil could be just taking to come out of the shell...but watching the Australia game they did still look a tad short from excellence the second was luck, even though they scored two goals only one of those goals was due to the excelllent flair of the Brazilians...Robinho was the only bright side as he lifted up the spirits for Brazil...

And no Brazil was more lively in the last World Cup winning all three games in fashion and scoring 11 goals...With only Turkey really the only team to ever trouble the Brazilians in the group stage and semi-finals...i dont think they really started slowly as now...

Im expecting more from them against Japan...

Newayz i havent been able to watch the soccer in the last few days because i have been back to work but today i decided to go to bed early and wake up early to watch England vs Sweden...

Its 0-0 in the 27minute...the only news is that Owen had to com off early because of injury and Crouch replacing him...

Edited by luol_deng
It's the same things they did last World Cup...  It's so obvious that the Brazilians are pacing their plays but their game excellence was still there.  Ronaldo seems to be decieving like he's been getting old, but have you saw the his play with the fake and assist to Adriano?  these guys can score goals with their eyes closed..

There's a lot of talk about Ronaldo's health...what's the story there?

Yes, that assist to Adriano was really superb. One thing I've always admired about the Brazilians in particular is their footwork which enables them to fake and control the ball with a lot of grace... I've heard oftentimes it has something to do with the samba...:cool:

CURRENT WORLD CUP SCORES:

ENGLAND 2-2 SWEDEN

GERMANY 3-0 ECUADOR

POLAND 2-1 COSTA RICA

HIGHLIGHTS:

*Marcus Allback of Sweden scores the 2,000th goal of the FIFA World Cup..

*Germany succeeds in evading facing England in the Round of 16 by topping their group..they will face Sweden in the Round of 16 and England will face Ecuador..

*Sweden has succeeded in joining the Round of 16 by drawing with England, 2-2.

Teams in the Round of 16:

1. Germany

2. Ecuador

3. England

4. Argentina

5. Netherlands

6. Portugal

7. Brazil

8. Spain

9. Sweden

7 more places left for the Round of 16..

how sad..injured na naman si owen!...

maganda laban mmya!...portugal vs argentina..the fight for the top place!...

mahihirapan na angola..mexico just needs a point...and if ever matalo mexico later..and angola wins...sa goal difference lamang pa din mexico...

delikado sobra france!!!

guys, since simultanous na yung mga matches, solar plus is showing the other game live. they showed the costa rica vs poland game yesterday and they are showing the Iran vs Angola game live simultanously the all access solar sports is showing the other more high profile match of Mexico vs Portugal.

So i am guessing solar will do this till the end of the qualifying stages which is this friday. The Ghana vs USA game will surely be the one showed live tom at sports plus.

Iran just equalized vs Angola. 1-1, Portugal is still up 2-1 vs mexico.

Edited by ale828