The Football Thread

Labuyo

Hindi pa rin ako nakakapanuod ng game ng brazil.

Sana sila ulit this year. at sana wag sila madaya if ever Germany makalaban nila sa finals.

Magandang laban Brazil vs. England sa finals.

Maganda sanang laban ang ENG vs BRA sa finals pero sa knockout phase mukhang sa semis sila magtatapat in case tumagal sila sa tournament..

Possibleng maging GER vs BRA or ARG vs BRA....

what site dude?...

sorry ngayon ko lang nabasa. im watching the argentina-netherlands game.. halftime. wala pa nakascore.

go to www.viidoo.com .. download mo yung tvuplayer then install it. pinapakita yung matches sa abc channel or espn2 usually.. espn ngayon yung argentina-netherlands..

btw, streaming siya so dapat broadband (dsl or cable) connection.

No doubt that BRAZIL always comes into a World Cup as the heavy favorites, but it's getting a little boring that they're always in the Finals even if they have a lively style of play.

I want to see other teams! :evil:

They won 94 and 02, runner up in 98. That would be four straight finals for them if they reach the last game again this year.

nashty thanks a lot! :thumbsupsmiley:

No doubt that BRAZIL always comes into a World Cup as the heavy favorites, but it's getting a little boring that they're always in the Finals even if they have a lively style of play.

I want to see other teams! :evil:

They won 94 and 02, runner up in 98. That would be four straight finals for them if they reach the last game again this year.

nashty thanks a lot! :thumbsupsmiley:

no problem bro. :thumbsupsmiley:

Nooo!!! Korea got eliminated!!! no more Asian teams in the round of 16! :grr:

Did anyone see the Korea vs Switzerland game? From what Ive heared the game was biased to the Swiss :thumbsdownsmiley:

Go England!!

i saw the game,mate. i was flicking channels coz simultaneous ang game with the france v. togo. i think what they meant about the refs being biased was because of the decision by the referre to award the second goal to switzerland kahit na offside and the flag was raised already by the lineman.

but kudos to the referee for sticking to his decision dahil sa instant replay,it showed na it wasn't offside and the second goal should really have counted.

xycho q I agree with and share most of your predictions. But those matches between Germany vs. Argentina and then Spain vs. Brazil....those will really be tough to call! If I might be bold enough, I'd share your view that Argentina has the upperhand against Germany but I still believe Brazil can manage to edge out Spain. But this is football. Anything can still happen.... Even with the other matches. Injuries, suspensions, luck, etc. can always kick in and cause upsets.

Regardless, I think you will agree that if they do happen, Germany vs. Argentina and Brazil vs. Spain will be dramatic will probably be among the most exciting matches this year.... :cool:

Germany vs. Sweden

lamang Germany 2-0..2 goals from Podolski!!

Germany vs. Argentina!!!

Feeling ko Argentina mananalo..

Spain vs. France..hmmm, inconsistent ang France, pero i'll make a bold prediction na France ang mag-aadvance..

Portugal vs. Netherlands = Netherlands

England vs. Ecuador = England

Switzerland vs. Ukraine = Ukraine

Italy vs. Australia = Italy

Brazil vs. Ghana = Brazil

Bakit nagkaganun ang mga Asian Teams!?!?! Korea!?! Japan!?!?! Saudi Arabia!?!?! Iran!?!? Why!?!?! Why?!?! Why!?!?!

Quarterfinals:

Germany vs. Argentina = Argentina

Italy vs. Ukraine = Italy

England vs. Netherlands = England (bad trip nga eh, pareho ko favorite ang mga teams na to..)..

Brazil vs. France = France (Sana!!! nakakasawa na ang Brazil, ang lakas kasi nila, give chance to others naman!?!?!)

i saw the game,mate. i was flicking channels coz simultaneous ang game with the france v. togo. i think what they meant about the refs being biased was because of the decision by the referre to award the second goal to switzerland kahit na offside and the flag was raised already by the lineman.

but kudos to the referee for sticking to his decision dahil sa instant replay,it showed na it wasn't offside and the second goal should really have counted.

i beg to differ.. kita din sa replay that when the linesman raised his flag down, naghintuan na yung korean players kaya sobrang nalibre yung swiss players.. the outcome for that situation could've been different.

could've because pwedeng ganun pa rin yung outcome (switzerland scoring a goal) if ever di huminto yung korean players..

bad trip wala na asian team.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Argentina wins against Mexico & advances to the quarterfinals..Goals from Hernan Crespo ARG ('10) & Rafael Marquez MEX ('6), the winning goal by Maxi Rodriguez in extra time ('98) to win the game for the Argentinians..

Argentina vs. Germany na..Argentina pa din ko kahit may homefield advantage ang Germany..

Mamayang gabi na..

ENGLAND vs. ECUADOR = ENGLAND, but ECUADOR for me can still threaten, darkhorse team sila..

POLAND vs. NETHERLANDS = NETHERLANDS, pareho silang malakas na teams pero i think NETHERLANDS can still advance..

Puyatan na naman to mamaya hehehehehe...

Two other great games later tonight (or tomorrow morning).

Looks like England will play with only one striker up front since Carrick will play the holding midfield role. DOn't know if Rooney is fit to play 90 minutes at this time. I still don't understand why Sven chose only four strikers for his squad, considering that Owen and Rooney were both coming off injuries. Even more puzzling is why he chose Walcott, a player who had not even played a single EPL game. It was a great insult to players like Defoe, Andy Johnson, Beattie, Bent, among others.

Two other great games later tonight (or tomorrow morning).

Looks like England will play with only one striker up front since Carrick will play the holding midfield role.  DOn't know if Rooney is fit to play 90 minutes at this time.  I still don't understand why Sven chose only four strikers for his squad, considering that Owen and Rooney were both coming off injuries.  Even more puzzling is why he chose Walcott, a player who had not even played a single EPL game.  It was a great insult to players like Defoe, Andy Johnson, Beattie, Bent, among others.

i was surprised with his decition too,remember that during qualifying Darren Bent scored some goals to help England to top their group! Defoe s a good player too shame that he is always getting snubbed in Totenham hence he wasn't picked! :grr:

I read something the otherday.It was the profile of the 32 countries in the WC,the profiles included a bit that says..

Likely Tabloid Headline:

England = Sven will this torment end?!? :D

i think this realy might be one of the tabloid headlines in England if we don't do well! :lol:

Go England!!!!!