The Football Thread

Labuyo

yup... i agree with you... they still need a midfielder to fill in the large shoes left by patrick vieira... but the winter transfer window is still away... michael ballack sporting an arsenal uniform?... :)

and they need to rough things up... pires, hleb, fabregas, and flamini are all fancy players... they thrive with passing... ljungberg can be rough... if he is having a bad game or someone just shoved his head on grass... gilberto must play above his norm...

sol campbell reminds me of lennox lewis... a big man who can glide through the air with his footwork... but he can't seem to impose his presence despite his size... and pascal cygan is just lousy... bring back ray parlour...

by the way... wigan is currently tied with charlton and tottenham for the second place in the epl... the latics are fourth in the standings due to the goal difference advantage of both charlton and spurs... machester united is fifth... arsenal is eighth...

Edited by teio

my favorite emerging teams in the epl are wigan, sunderland and west ham...

Wigan-great players like Kamara, Roberts, etc..they deserve to be in the top half of the epl w/ their great play..

West Ham United-w/ players like Reo-Coker, Harewood,etc..nice attacking but problems w/ defense..

Sunderland-Elliot is a good playeer but huge problems in their defense..nice game last time w/ Newcastle..

Newcastle's & Liverpool's epl starts were abysmal, i hope they can still recover..

Go ManU!! i hope they can get quality players in the january transfer window & challenge Chelsea for the championship..

now....whats with osasuna, getafe and celta vigo?..top sila sa la liga...celta vigo ok pa..theyre a good team before..but osasuna and getafe?....sama na din real sociedad....

real betis and everton supot this season..dunno how they made it top sa league standings nila tapos ngyn sa baba sila....

and roma fans out there...paano b sila makakapasok ulit sa champions league?...

realmadrid....5 wins and 4 lose....whats wrong with the team?...defense?....especially the aerial defense....depor had 2 headers from the 3-1 win gainst real...

osasuna, getafe, and celta vigo just got their groove early... thus enabling them to secure the top places in la liga...

osasuna and getafe have been floundering between the primera and segunda liga for seasons... celta vigo was surprisingly relegated last 2003 despite having the likes of savo milosevic (who is currently playing with osasuna) and aleksandr mostovoi (not sure about the spelling of his first name)...

it seems like betis is currently feeling the pain of losing denilson... they will now have to continue their campaign without assuncao who suffered an injury...

meanwhile... everton is ravaged by injuries...

roma cannot join the transfer window for a year... it was ruled that transfer of defender philippe mexes did not conform with the transfer rules... they have a stiff competition at the moment with fiorentina having a solid claim on the fourth spot...

defense is the achilles heel of real madrid... they have the firepower to crush opposing defenses... but their defense is mutilitated by the opposition... ouch... bring back fernando hierro... :)

Edited by teio

essien who?

mahamadou diarra is doing a heck of a job at lyon. essien is a true world class player but lyon is rolling along without him, thanks to diarra.

so to man utd, real madrid and arsenal: go grab this guy when the transfer window opens while he's still cheap.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/images/smilies/1/aerobics.gif yes Chelsea lost me happy now hahaha but my Man U http://forum.digital-digest.com/images/smilies/1/tissue2.gif

Its clear that Manu U are now very average in the Premier League coz most teams now come to Manchester knowing they can beat them well i wouldnt be scared too if the 3 central midfield your playing against is Scholes, Fletcher & Smith. And lets not start with the defence!!! I think its another pass for Man U to win the League & even Champions League (although Fergie keeps thinking they can) our only hope is to win League Cup and FA Cup....

Man U needs to offload there oldies like Scholes, Giggs and Keane (his already said he wants to leave) and start giving the youngsters a chance. I doubt if Man U can buy a big name this January or even at end of season because of Chelseas spending power and Man U are not a team willing to spend big money on players that are getting close to 30 unlike other Euro teams. I think Fergie should start buying young guns like those of C.Ronaldo & Rooney dont really go for big time talent coz Man U just dont have the money to match up even though we are one of Euro richiest club.

Edited by luol_deng

yeah chelsea lost!..ang ganda ng laban kahit 1-0 lng...a game of bruises, tackles and yellow cards. mambilis ung game...if only betis started playing like that at the start...siguro they have beaten liverpool at their first game...ganda ng laro ng betis...and wala pa si oliviera....haha...

real won! woohoo!...haha...kaso pangit ung goals...may own goal pa rosenborg...haha...

liverpool won 3-0....olats ni crouch tlga....haha..dunno why benitez bought that dude and kasali pa sa english team??....big question for me tlga...haha..morientes scored! but had to be replaced because of an injury ata...

inter won 1-2 coming from a 1-0 down to porto...yahoo...julio cruz scored the 2 goals...

ac milan lost to psv 1-0...

lyon crushed olympiakos....lakas ng lyon!...

and schalke won!....woohoo...haha...

Keane wants January sales at Old Trafford

Manchester United captain Roy Keane wants a player clear-out at Old Trafford in January.

Keane was critical of his team-mates in an interview which was due to be screened by the club's own television station - MUTV - on Monday but was pulled from the schedules following the direct intervention of chief executive David Gill.

It followed the 4-1 weekend mauling at Middlesbrough in the Barclays Premiership. United are seventh in the table, 13 points behind leaders Chelsea with one game in hand.

'There is talk about putting this right in January and bringing players in,' Keane told MUTV according to the Daily Mirror. 'We should be doing the opposite - we should be getting rid of people in January.'

England defender Rio Ferdinand was one of the team-mates Keane singled out for criticism.

'Just because you are paid £120,000 a week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar,' said Keane.

'The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced ones - they are not leading. There is a shortage of characters.

'It seems to be in this club that you have to play badly to be rewarded. Maybe that is what I should do when I come back - play badly.'

Keane, currently sidelined with a broken foot, was not shocked by the heavy defeat at the Riverside.

'I wasn't surprised by the result. I had been expecting one like this. The players have been asked questions and they are just not coming up with the answers.

'I am sick of having to say it and they are sick of listening to me. They have let down the club, the manager and the fans.'

aaahh u just gotta love Roy Keane...and yea his right...

Liverpool is above Chelsea at the table, sa Champions League lang nga hehehe.

Congrats sa Real Betis! Sa wakas natalo din lol.

seems theres some hate for chelsea hehe i only hate chelsea coz they're ruining the competition and i dont like the idea of winning by buying players to win. i hope they loose out of the champions league and also the other english cups...

hey, fan ako ng chelsea! pero super boring naman kung puro panalo di ba? hehehe.

chelsea na ang mananalo sa EPL, sa Champions League, its a big ?.

ano ba ang mas importante? yung national cup, league title o european title?

If they truly want to dominate English football then national titles and cups are important, then go hunt for the european title. But yes the champions league is more of a prize than the others, however to me it seems more valuable to win both domestic and euro at the same time. Like Liverpool winning the champions league last season but even after winning, it really doesnt seem much if they cant cut it in the lower competitions. My friend is a fav Liverpool supporter he says "Euro champions, Premier League loosers" his Greek too and when they won Euro he said "We are Euro champions but cant qualify for the world cup"

Everyone will forever remember Manchester United 1999 treble why coz they dominated it top to bottom exp for the league cup or worthington cup before...

just my opinion, but yes euro title is the worthy prize for all...

hey, fan ako ng chelsea! pero super boring naman kung puro panalo di ba? hehehe.

chelsea na ang mananalo sa EPL, sa Champions League, its a big ?.

ano ba ang mas importante? yung national cup, league title o european title?

well with the 3 wishes of ronaldhino...to win the domestic, champions league and world cup...so those 3 will be different from each other but all are big...haha...

but for me its the world cup..comes only once in every 4 years...haha

http://home.skysports.com/images/badges/24x24/1.gif Manchester United 1 - 0 Chelsea http://home.skysports.com/images/badges/24x24/8.gif

http://www.soccernet.com/design05/images/PH/Fletcher412_LG.jpg

Man U defeated Chelsea's 40 game un-beaten run, and also about a year ago we stopped Arsenals 49 game beaten run note aswell Chelsea last lost in the PL was to Manchester City...ironic dont u think??

This past week was Man U worst crissis period of the season from Keano open mouth to the 2 bad losses and also Chelsea some sort of bad form this week too...

Manchester were held down for the whole 2nd half in Chelseas half, attack after attack Manchester just held on...they got a few look in's but it was Chelsea controlling the half all along. But it was Fletchers header in the 30th minute that got United through...

Now if only Man U picks it up a notch now since they got some confidence and hopefully get going and atleast get 2nd place by end of year...

http://www.realgm.com/boards/images/smiles/djparty.gif

Edited by luol_deng

you're right sir,thats the only position Man U. is hoping to go for this season.as far as chelsea is concerned,the premiership is in the bag....ang champions' league talaga hinahabol nila kaya nagpapalakas sila ng husto.dito masusubok kung well spent nga ang millions na ginastos ni abramovich.

post-38283-1131304176.jpg

ahahahahahah!!!

panalo Manchester United!!

i'm so happy for all of us ManU fans, nakahinga din ng maluwag, sana tuloy2x na 'to..pero it doesn't mean Sir Alex should have changes this coming January, maraming kelangan gawin..

i watched the game, mas hungry tlga ang ManU for the win, na-neutralize ni Smith & Scholes ang combination ni Lampard-Essien, kahit overmatched ang ManU, mas may passion sila sa game, grabe tlga, kinabahan ko ng sobra pero ang importante ay panalo ManU ahahahaha...pero nice performance din from Chelsea..