The Football Thread

Labuyo

id like terry, ferdinand, ashley cole at who ever sa neville bros for the defenders

lampard and gerrard at the center...where gerrard is the attacking midfield and lampard is at the back...bekcham at the right and joe cole at the left. tapos rooney and owen sa front....

hmmm...halos same din ata mga nasa isip ntn a...haha..if 4-4-2 ang formation nila...

sino pla nanuod ng sports center usually?...napanuod nyo ba ung reactions ng mga england supporters?...haha...they want sven out becuase they lost...haha...

a win is still a win, kahit balibaliktarin ang mundo tinalo pa din sila ng cameroon,if they can beat them, any skilled team can beat them, it just takes teamwork in offense as well as defense to win..corny nman kung lagi na lang brazil di ba? kaya nila yan, bilog ang bola, para exciting ang world cup..

i didn't say brazil is unbeatable, i was just stating the FACT that the olympics is an under-23 event where the likes of dida, cafu, roberto carlos, ze roberto, emerson, ronaldo, adriano are not present, where big game experience is just as impt as skill.. nothing more, nothing less.. :)

and i am not rooting for brazil.. im going with the 3 lions of sven goran eriksson.. B)

rb-roberto carlos-watch him

lb-cafu-him 2

you've got them interchanged.. :D

i'd rather have Richardson play left wing this kid has some talent and you can see it when he played in West Brom last year...the 4-5-1 really limits them. Have Beckham back on wings with Lampard & Gerrard at central & Richardson on wing and up front Rooney & Owen. At back Neville, Rio, Terry & Cole.

are you talking about ManUtd's 20-yr old midfielder, Kieran Richardson? :unsure:

i didn't say brazil is unbeatable, i was just stating the FACT that the olympics is an under-23 event where the likes of dida, cafu, roberto carlos, ze roberto, emerson, ronaldo, adriano are not present, where big game experience is just as impt as skill.. nothing more, nothing less.. :)

and i am not rooting for brazil.. im going with the 3 lions of sven goran eriksson.. B)

you've got them interchanged.. :D

are you talking about ManUtd's 20-yr old midfielder, Kieran Richardson? :unsure:

yes yes Kieran Richardson haha his a good young talented player whom i believe will be the successor for Giggs. His got the talent with his foot skills, speed & determination he was the bright light to help West Brom stay in the league...

yes yes Kieran Richardson haha his a good young talented player whom i believe will be the successor for Giggs. His got the talent with his foot skills, speed & determination he was the bright light to help West Brom stay in the league...

he is quite a talent.. i was able to watch his england debut in a friendly vs USA, he scored on the free kick and is equally comfortable in the right wing.. so in ManUtd's case they can interchange ronaldo and richardson in the wings during the course of a game.. actually ManUtd is already set for the future.. they may not contend now but when you got talent like rooney, c. ronaldo and k. richardson all under 21.. plus the fact that ferdinand, silvestre and heinz are not yet in their late 20s.. other teams better start to look behind their backs.. :D what they really need now is a "decent" successor to roy keane in the defensive midfield role.. he need not be as great as essien is..

successor of giggs?...hmmm...lets see...

nwei tanong lang..do you think owen can lift new castle united with his skills?....

as most of us all believe, no one player can win it all on his own.. :)

Edited by bubuy
he is quite a talent.. i was able to watch his england debut in a friendly vs USA, he scored on the free kick and is equally comfortable in the right wing.. so in ManUtd's case they can interchange ronaldo and richardson in the wings during the course of a game.. actually ManUtd is already set for the future.. they may not contend now but when you got talent like rooney, c. ronaldo and k. richardson all under 21.. plus the fact that ferdinand, silvestre and heinz are not yet in their late 20s.. other teams better start to look behind their backs.. :D what they really need now is a "decent" successor to roy keane in the defensive midfield role.. he need not be as great as essien is..

Yes they have a future set, they got alot of young kids still yet to come in but they have been praised highly from big euro clubs one is the Spanish defender Gerard Pique who came from Barca youth team and Barca werent happy when he left & the Italian youth striker Guiseppe Rossi who was chased by AC Milan. Another is USA defender Jonathan Spector.

Yes Rio(26), Heinze(27), Silvestre(28), O'Shea(24), Brown(25) are still young and Brown including has yet to show what he can do his a late bloomer esp with injuries and bad form striding his development. Only G. Neville,30, is the grand-father in the back four.

In the mid-field we have kinda got those covered in Cristiano Ronaldo, Ji-Sung Park, Darren Fletcher & Kieran Richardson. Liam Miller has been a bust he shouldve stayed in Celtic for another year or loaned out clearly the guy is not in form and hasnt adjusted in the league.

As for a Roy Keane replacement i hate to see Alan Smith be that i'd rather have Darren Fletcher the next Keane. People around have been praising how much Darren Fletcher can be a mold of Beckham & Vieira. As with Smith he has the heart and rage so thats why Freguson can see he can fight in the middle like Keane.

Old Guard vs New Guards

Beckham > C. Ronaldo

Kean > Darren Fletcher

Scholes > Ji-Sung Park

Giggs > Kieran Richardson

Irwin > Gabriel Heinze

Pallister > Rio Ferdinand

Johnsen > John O'Shea

Cole > Rooney

however no Peter Schmeichel yet....

Edited by luol_deng

CL na in a while...nweis naalala ko lang..can somebody pls explain to me how the betting in soocer goes...hidni ko tlga maintindihan kahit na fractions or numbers ba un...

basta i always see these digits

66/1, 12/1, tapos kpg fraction nmn 1.37, tapos meron pang team for or team against...hindi ata uso sa kanila ung plus ung goals e...parang plus 1.5 goals ung isang team or something...pa explain nmn o...tnx..

tangna tulog nko...hindi pinalabas sa star sports or espn ang real vs lyon...pero buti nlng...its half time 3-0 lyon...hhaha..bwiset ang real..olats nila...

olats din ang betis...2-0 liverpool

chelsea vs anderlecht...1-0 chelsea...

walang kwenta...sana nmn bukas maganda ang pagupupuyat ko...haha...

other champions' league results...

psv 1 - schalke 04 0

> jan vennegoor of hesselink scored a header in the 33rd to book the win for the dutch outfit...

ac milan 3 - fenerbache 1

> this game should have been a tie... but thanks to two late goals... kaka scored the first goal in 18th... then playmaker alex scored a penalty goal in the 63rd to tie the game... the crowd the at giuseppe meazza was already resigned with a draw until kaka scored in th 87th... andriy shevchenko scored the icing in the 89th...

olympiacos 1 - rosenborg 3

> an own goal committed by aljandro lago in the 19th would had made life miserable for rosenborg... but the norwegian side fought back with per clijan skjelbred equalizing in the 42nd... another freak accident happened when the greek defender dimitrios mavrogenidis registered an own goal to give the visitors the upperhand... oyvind storflor scored the final goal as rosenborg finally etched an away win in the champion's league after 17 tries...

betis 1 - liverpool 2

> early goals from florent sinama-pongolle in the 2nd and luis garcia in the 14th gave the current champs a great start... the spanish side tried to stage a comeback with a goal from arzu in the 51st...

artmedia 0 - internazionale 1

> julio cruz nailed a goal in the 17th as the nerazzurri managed to held back the upset-minded slovakian team...

rangers 3 - porto 2

>peter lovenkrands gave the scottish giants the first goal in the 35th... but portuguese defender pepe leveled the score in the 47th... croatian striker dado prso scored another one for the scots in the 59th... yet pepe knocked another equalizer in the 71st... greek defender sotirios kyrgiakos headed a goal in the 85th...

its half time...0-0 prn ang villareal at manu..but both had their chances...ok p nmn ung game..hidni pa boring...haha..

arsenal almost had a goal...nagslide kasi si ljunberg ata...haha..basta medyo comedy...haha..but their down to 10 men after v persie was sent off...

onl barcelona and udinese have a goal after the first half...haha...un muna...haha..

ngek...twas a draw sa manu and villareal..but ok nmn ung game...defensive....sayang!...haha..

arsenal won with a touch of luck by bergkamp...astig...haha..pero gusto ko manalo ang fc thun...

barcelona won against werder bremen by 2 goals to nil

kinarne ng udinese ang panathinaikos...haha...3-0!...haha..

juventus won against bruges by 2 goals to 1...

ajax and sparta praha draw lang din..

bayern won against rapid wien by 1 goal to nil...

benefica won against lille by also 1 goal to nil...

ayan tulog nko...haha...

AAAHHH!!! bad trip, ManU vs. Villareal, 0-0, nakakaasar..naredcard pa si rooney, tsk tsk tsk, masyado pa mainitin tlga ang ulo ng bata, sayang tlga, well, makakabawi pa nman sa mga natitirang group games..bad trip, may injury si gabriel heinze, sana minor lang, galing pa namn nyang defender..

eto yung kumpletong results ng game ng UCL kninang madaling araw:

A Club Brugge 1-2 Juventus

A Rapid 0-1 Bayern

B Arsenal 2-1 Thun

B Sparta 1-1 Ajax

C Bremen 0-2 Barcelona

C Udinese 3-0 Panathinaikos

D Benfica 1-0 Lille

D Villarreal 0-0 Man. United

club brugge, rapid vienna, and thun gave juventus, bayern munich, and arsenal a run for their money... and i'm still betting on these teams to score an upset over their more illustrious opponents...

i have a strange feeling that manchester united will choke again... they should give wayne rooney a disciplinary action... he has the skills to prove his worth... but his attitude needs a lot of improvement... it seems that his head had bloated ever since he got the attention of the public and media...