The Football Thread

Labuyo

recent transfer deals...

manchester united have agreed a €10m deal with fc spartak moskva for serbo-montenegrin defender nemanja vidic...

sao paulo fc brazilian defender cicinho has completed his move to real madrid fc for a reported €4m...

possible transfer scenarios this coming january...

fc internazionale milano and real madrid fc are in stiff competition for the services of as roma italian striker antonio cassano... inter is also interested in as monaco fc brazilian defender maicon while juventus is set to sign fc bayern munich french defender willy sagnol... there are speculations that brazilians ronaldo and roberto carlos are both going to be let go by the madrid squad...

fc barcelona is interested to woo french striker thierry henry away from arsenal fc... the catalans are going to let maxi lopez to leave on loan... villareal cf has allowed antonio guayre to also leave on loan, the same goes for olympique lyonnais with pierre-alain frau... bayern had recruited paraguayan playmaker julio dos santos... but the attention is heavily focused on michael ballack...

chelsea fc and arsenal are going gaga over 16-year-old southhampton prodigy theo walcott with the roman abramowicz ready to shell out €11.8m for the move... chelsea german defender robert huth looks toward returning to the bundesliga... other high-profile highbury targets include ivory coast midfielder didier zokora, czech playmaker tomas rosicky, spanish forward fernando torres, and dutch striker dirk kuijt... spanish defender marco caneira is said to be suiting up for the gunners on loan from valencia cf...

portugal and sl benfica midfielder simao sabrosa is being linked with liverpool fc and so does defenders like jonathan zebina, daniel agger, and luciano galletti... benfica is reluctant to lose its captain but is keen on bringing liverpool goalkeeper jerzy dudek to lisbon...

it is sure that afc ajax will lose the services of hatem trabelsi, steven pienaar, maxwell, and nigel de jong in summer 2006... the dutch giant is strongly being linked with sc heerenveen striker klaas jan huntelaar and az alkmaar defender ron vlaar... julien escude and angelos charisteas would be let go to raise funds... rivals psv eindhoven will have culina and arouna kone eligible to play in the knockout stages with 18-year-old defender pepe pla from valencia... german side werder looks to strengthen their defense with per mertesacker and tim wiese...

ayos,nakakuha din na ok na defender ang ManU, Vidic is the highly rated central defender from Serbia-Montenegro, he is the member of the dreaded back4 which helped Serbia reach the world cup finals..may news na bka alisin na nila si Silvestre dahil hindi sila nagjjive ni Ferdinand, hmm? parang malakas talga si Ferdinand kay Ferguson, parang mas trip ko pa si Silvestre kay Ferdinand pero sana mas magclick si Vidic & si Ferdinand..

i hope ManU get the services of Didier Zokora and Nigel de Jong, pero siyempre mas ok kung makuha nila si Michael Ballack..

Good goals from Kanu, nagscore siya ng 2 goals to give West Brom the win, he's reliving his days in Arsenal..

ahh! badtrip, due to the 2-2 draw with Birmingham & win Chelsea winning at Fulham,ManU is 11pts behind league leaders Chelsea..

nice 4-0 win in Portsmouth by Arsenal, they're returning to winning ways..if they don't start winning, there is a huge chance that Thierry Henry will be with Barsa next season..

more signings for Manchester United! get another defender, a defensive midfielder & Michael Ballack!..

happy new year to all!..

kala ko magstay si henry sa arsenal and concentrate on the champions league and its winning ways...

malamang kung lilipat man si thierry henry ay sa summer transfer window pa...... alanganin din kasi ang tayo ng arsenal dahil tumatanda at pa-retire na ang ibang player nila (pires, ljungberg, bergkamp) tapos yung mga bata (cesc fabregas, flamini, reyes, van persie) hindi pa consistent.

mas malaking problema yung pagbebenta kay patrick viera na world-class na player. si henry ang naiipit dun. nakakaakit din kasi ang paglalaro sa barcelona kasi all-out attack sila tapos nandun pa si ronaldinho na syang gumagawa ng goal..... higit pa doon pareho kasi ng mindset si henry at barcelona..... gusto nila manalo ng champions league sa lalong madaling panahon! :cool:

meron dalawang football shows sa abc 5 tuwing Thursday

4:30 Barclay's EPL

5:30 Goals

EPL nga lang (most popular sa buong mundo). Sana La liga na lang para lagi ko ulit napapanood ang Barca at Real Madrid (hahaha ako lang ata ang magisang susumusuporta sa parehong club na ito. para ba silang crispa - toyota hehehehe)

Does it mean nagiging popular na ang footie sa pinas? Damn, pwedeng bang mag reset ng buhay.

atleast may local channel na nagpapalabas ng mga ito...but sa espn starsports prn ako nanunuod...haha..

ako nmn i like watching barca - real..im a real fan and amazed how ronaldhino plays...haha...

sana pwede nilang ipalabas ang serie a....bakit ba malabo ang mga games sa serie a? may prob ba ang italy sa mga cmaeras nila?..

well sana maging sikat na ang football sa pinas....

i just wanted to share.

When i was driving pass some very small streets in metro manila i chanced upon several kids playing football. :blink: especially since a few meters away was an unattended basketball court. Honestly, this is the first time i see small kids playing football in the streets of Manila. I was shocked and delighted in the sight, maybe sooner or later more kids from the streets are gonna play this game.

Edited by ale828
i just wanted to share.

When i was driving pass some very small streets in metro manila i chanced upon several kids playing football.    :blink:  especially since a few meters away was an unattended basketball court.  Honestly, this is the first time i see small kids playing football in the streets of Manila. I was shocked and delighted in the sight, maybe sooner or later more kids from the streets are gonna play this game.

d nga?...wow..kakagulat a...anong street to sa manila?..haha...

pare ako laking manila....years ago when i was growing up in espana.football ang laro namin. sa ngayon medyo malayo sa abot ng common tao ang football eh. unang una,kailangan at least nakasapatos ka then kailangan mo ng open field.eh as far as i can see halos wala ng open space or park sa maynila or maybe sa buong metro manila for that matter

oo nga pla...naalala ko may isa kaming laro nung bata p kmi...football dn ang tawag but the thing is may halong baseball....imbis na baseball and bat ang gamit....it was just a plain ball, medyo football size 4...tapos when the pitcher rolls the ball, the kicker (supposedly batter), kicks the ball...then may mga catchers sa likod...tapos after the kicker, he/she will go to the bases...until makafourth base sya and scores for the team...

so basically its baseball with a touch of football...haha...i miss playing that game...

oo nga pla...naalala ko may isa kaming laro nung bata p kmi...football dn ang tawag but the thing is may halong baseball....imbis na baseball and bat ang gamit....it was just a plain ball, medyo football size 4...tapos when the pitcher rolls the ball, the kicker (supposedly batter), kicks the ball...then may mga catchers sa likod...tapos after the kicker, he/she will go to the bases...until makafourth base sya and scores for the team...

so basically its baseball with a touch of football...haha...i miss playing that game...

sipaball ang tawag namin dito... gamit namin yung mga plastik na bola :lol:

------

totoo bang duguan si joe cole? :lol:

(hindi daw niya mahanap ang penalty area kaya lalong na bugbog siya)

Edited by howard_the_duck

actually... may isa pang version 'to... kahawig ang cricket...

papagulungin ng pitcher ang bola... tapos tatadyakan ng opposing player or striker... habang hinahabol ng pitcher 'yung bola para ibato sa sumipa... 'yung striker naman ay kailangang tumapak sa base or mound ng pitcher... umiwas sa bola... at bumalik sa base n'ya...

malas nga lang ng striker kung nasalo kaagad ng pitcher ang bola... :cool:

sipaball ang tawag namin dito... gamit namin yung mga plastik na bola :lol:

------

totoo bang duguan si joe cole? :lol:

(hindi daw niya mahanap ang penalty area kaya lalong na bugbog siya)

haha..ung plastik na bola na sobrang tigas...tapos pag may crack...tuloy tuloy na ang sira tapos kailangan nang bumili ng bago...medyo mura lng nmn un e...haha..tapos may isa pang bola..ung medyo mahal...goma din sya tapos it comes in different colors and styles..parang beach ballna mas matibay at makapal...haha..meron p atang mga nabibiling mga ganun e...

badtrip talo ManU sa Man City, 3-1, bwiset tlga..

sasabihin ko ulit yung sinabi ko dati, bumili ng central midfielder & wingers..kulang pa si Nemanja Vidic & Patrice Evra, good defenders pero kelangan ng magdadala ng offense & magbibigay ng quality crosses sa wings para mag-open ang field for Van Nistelrooy&Rooney..

kelan pa kya ma-ssolusyunan un problem ng ManU? sana madiskartihan na ni SAF ang poblemang to bago todong malamangan kami ng Chelsea..

Go ManU..

Been a Chelsea FC fan for 5 consecutive years now :)

Am a former defender of Macpherson Secondary School in Singapore,

Here is my assessment of last year :D

Good Clubs !

Barca in the La Liga - doin good with their midfielders especially with Ronaldinho, Deco, and Larson.

Lyon in the French League 1 are a defensive side now but their strike force is still much to be feared even though they sold their top midfielder to Chelsea :) (wink)

and Bayern Munchen (Munich) in the Bundesliga

*Losers last year :P

Celtic - Henrik Larson was their key man,without him, the lot is just one hell of a glued up army of rag-tag soldiers :)

Real Madrid - Too much commerically bought players, well buying Robinho would be the last step then huh ? You also bought your coffins :)

Man Utd - Bought the wrong set of players, flops after flops after flop of players who can't cope with the English Premier League ...

Arsenal - Patrick Viera was the real deal huh ? well Farewell :) to ur hopes and dreams now of the Premiership.

Liverpool - just sell ur Captian Gerrard to Chelsea, and thats it, u guys suck.

real won! yahoo...and the best part...zizou got his hat trick...haha...4-2 against sevilla...

chelsea got a scare against sunderland but the raining champs still got their way to win 2-1

juventus and inter continue their winning ways in serie a and roma won against ac milan 1-0...

nweis bkt ba dinuraan ni eto'o ung isang athletic bilbao player?

and what is the news with sven and the england team?

will beckham go back to england?...

jst some questions...