The Football Thread

Labuyo

^Oo, hayup yung freekick na yun!!! Pang-TV talaga!

Sana nga lang, over the next two months ay tatutukan ng puspusan ang finishing nila. Ang daming sayang na chances, we could have easily won the match the way we did with Timor Leste-- may mga attempts si Caligdong at Zerrudo kanina na nakakapanggalaiti (buti na lang at kalbo ako kung di wala na siguro akong buhok, hehehe!). Pero baka naman that's asking for too much as of now. Basta constant ang improvement, masayang-masaya na ako. Weeeheee!!!

By the way, talk last year was that in this RP squad have scored more goals in a single tournament (SEA Games) than previous RP squads have scored in around a decade. This year, the same RP squad have scored more and conceded less. To think ang average age nitong mga ito ay 22-years-old. Madami pa tayong maaasahan sa kanila. :D

Let's hope everyone stays in the team. Baka mamya nyan di na payagan sila Younghusband ng Chelsea and the other Fil-Brit coz of other duties. And let's hope sa group draw ay mapunta tayo sa olats na group. :cool:

waaaa...dko napanuod...i totaly forgot! pero ok lng...nanalo ang pinas!!!

Sayang bro! Ewan lang natin kung may replay pa.

may replay b sa solar? galing galing...

Edited by dj_flip03

^Oo nga, that would really be something. But as of now, let's hope that we'll at least advance to the semis in January's tournament.

Let's hope everyone stays in the team. Baka mamya nyan di na payagan sila Younghusband ng Chelsea and the other Fil-Brit coz of other duties. And let's hope sa group draw ay mapunta tayo sa olats na group.

Oo nga eh, nabasa ko lang sa PDI kanina na magdedepende pa ang appearance sa January ni Phil Younghusband sa Chelsea, but I think he's optimistic na papayagan siyang makabalik. Let's hope so.

dapat ang home stadium na ng national football team natin sa bacolod, hindi na sa manila rizal sports complex.

Siya nga! I think ganun na nga talaga ang ginagawa nila. But coming from Metro Manila, I have to be honest that it's quite disappointing for me since my friends and I had the habit of watching the Azkals whenever they have a game either in Rizal or in Ultra. Pero oo nga, mas maganda talaga ang support sa Bacolod at mas alaga din kasi yung pitch sa Panaad.

Cheers! :D

In other news:

ManU 0 - 1 Celtic (Nakamura)

- Delikado na naman ang ManU. They'll be facing BENFICA at the last fixture, they're the same team who got ManU eliminated last year!!!!

- Nice win by Arsenal

-Ganda ng laban ng LYON - REAL MADRID. Kala ko Lyon na panalo, pero naka draw pa and Real.

Amp! talo nanaman ang team ko!!! fcuk naman. I noticed pag nag lalaro ng matagal si gabriel henzie parang minamalas ang united.

they had a lot of chances na dapat nbaging goal. specially the saha missed penalty!

i hope lightning won't strike the same place twice. MANU should defeat BENFICA!!! :grr:

The difference is that Man U will be playing at HOME ngayon vs Benfica. Still, Benfica has to WIN to oust Man U.

Man U need only a draw.

Barcelona, on the other hand, need to WIN against Werder Bremen. Which is a tall order, but they have home field advantage.

dj_flip03 : do you support all those teams in your avatar? 1 team per league? lol.

dapat ang home stadium na ng national football team natin sa bacolod, hindi na sa manila rizal sports complex. doon na lang sila, dami pang nanonood, sa maynila empty ang stadium for sure

Agree. Bacolod is the perfect place. I'm from Bacolod and my first sport was football (not soccer mind you hehe).

Thierry Henry !!!!!!!!!

The difference is that Man U will be playing at HOME ngayon vs Benfica. Still, Benfica has to WIN to oust Man U.

Man U need only a draw.

Barcelona, on the other hand, need to WIN against Werder Bremen. Which is a tall order, but they have home field advantage.

dj_flip03 : do you support all those teams in your avatar? 1 team per league? lol.

YUP! That's how much I love football. I can't just support one team coz there are a lot of good team's in terms of tactics, chemistry, and stuffs like that.

Di naman ako pwedeng sumuporta lang sa PSG kasi di naman ako taga Paris, but I admire(and still admiring) their team when they excelled during the Ronaldinho days. Kahit na kulelat sila ngayon sa UEFA Cup.

Why I also support Arsenal? Beacuse of their mangement and their team composition, I can't support on Arsenal by saying because I'm from London, coz I'm not.

Why I support AJAX? Because of their 4-3-3 tactic, "total football system", and their very great youth academy.

Why I support Valencia (and sometime Barca)??? Coz in spanish football, sila yung may (in my opinion) magagaling na national team(?) midfielders and strikers (Vicente, Baraja, Albelda, Joaquin, David Villa, Morientes).

Pero if I can only support one team, that will be no other than... "La Vecchia Signora" or the "Bianconeri" --- JUVENTUS!!!

---Why? Not because of their management(hahaha), but because of their players passion,loyalty and love for the team. Lalo na ngayong sumablay management nila. see how SOME of the players showed their loyalty to "the old lady" and continued to play for her in a hope to bring Juventus back in the top-flight division. Kung ako yung isa sa mga players na nandun, sobrang sarap ng feeling ng ma-iahon mo yung team mo back to where it should belong inspite of the "katarantaduhan" ng management nila. I heard NEDVED, DEL PIERO and BUFFON were given an offer of a management postion whenever they retire (which I believe would be after the season).

Oh, and why I support BVB? Ganda kasi ng kits nila eh. Hahaha!!!

Lets just wiat and see. Mr. Dj_flip a MANU skeptic :P

peace bro! kailan tayo laro? tumataba na ako kakalaro ng online games :angry:

Hahaha!!! Sorry if I'm a ManU antagonist, mate! I really just don't like C.Ronaldo and W.Rooney.

If you like sa Corinthians tayo sa Tuesday or sa Marikina every M-W-F

Edited by dj_flip03

djflip_03 :

Ang hirap ding maraming teams na sinusupport, esp kung sa ibat ibang leagues pa sila!

Obviously, I support Real Madrid, the Brazilian national team, and Arsenal and Chelsea (weird no?).

Juve? Well.... thank for Cannavaro and Emerson, but no thanks for dumping us out for 2 consecutive years in the CL.

Juve more than anyone then, embodied the catenaccio so much that they bored the hell out of me.

Effective? Yes. Entertaining? No.

Valencia vs Real this weekend... As for Nando Morientes, it was very unfortunate that the galactico system pushed him out of Madrid.

Dortmund?? They must have a good-looking kit for you to support them!

djflip_03 :

Ang hirap ding maraming teams na sinusupport, esp kung sa ibat ibang leagues pa sila!

Obviously, I support Real Madrid, the Brazilian national team, and Arsenal and Chelsea (weird no?).

Juve? Well.... thank for Cannavaro and Emerson, but no thanks for dumping us out for 2 consecutive years in the CL.

Juve more than anyone then, embodied the catenaccio so much that they bored the hell out of me.

Effective? Yes. Entertaining? No.

Valencia vs Real this weekend... As for Nando Morientes, it was very unfortunate that the galactico system pushed him out of Madrid.

Dortmund?? They must have a good-looking kit for you to support them!

...Well that's how much I love the game. Eh kung ang Pinas lang ba ay tulad sa Euro na may mga century old leagues eh di syempre dito tayo!!!

When Juve got relegated, Inter kept on wasting good players and AC Milan lost its game, the Italian League got boring (ironic nga eh kasi sila pa ang World Cup Champions).

Just kidding on the BVB kit! I admired them when they got the nerves to defeat Juventus back in the 1997 Champions League. Imagine, nandun si Zidane, Tacchinardi, and Vieri, but they lost!

Also, when BVB were the Bundesliga champions back in 1995-1996 (i was playing football in HS), Karlheinze Reidle was my fave striker

Hahaha!!! Sorry if I'm a ManU antagonist, mate! I really just don't like C.Ronaldo and W.Rooney.

If you like sa Corinthians tayo sa Tuesday or sa Marikina every M-W-F

its ok bro. ako naman liverpool antagonist kaya ok lng. we have our won biases.

saan sa marikina? sa sports complex ba? this friday? details naman oh. i wanna loose atleast 5lbs and a few portions of my belly :P

ang glitzy kasi ng image ng paris... they play in one of the best stadiums... and in one of the greatest cities in the world...

i agree with their forwards... for me, pauleta ranks as one of the best... tahimik lang pero sobrang galing kung bumanat... tapos nasa side sila bounaventure kalou and pierre-alain frau... at sino ang makakalimot kay bernard mendy...

on defense... ewan ko ba kung bakit 'di na ganoon ka-effective si mario yepes... once touted as one of best defensive backs... parang kailan lang na ang tindi ng defensive line nila... aside from yepes and sylvain armand, nasa squad dati sina gabriel heinze, juan pablo sorin, jose karl pierre-fanfan, at si fredric dehu...

Onga eh, they got good (but aging) forwards, but their defence (despite Landreau) sucks big time!!!

i have a feeling United might coast out (maybe not), and hope they seriously...i want them to fail this time and get into Fergies head that this team isnt what a he thinks it is...im a United fan dont get me wrong, but we have our shockers and then we have our big clangers...then we win in the league and fergie is making statements how wonderful Scholes still is and then again we go back to some clangers and shockers...

we have a good run in the league and we need to keep that coz thats our main hope so far this season, we have the talent in some players but we dont have the mentality to keep it up...

i have a feeling United might coast out (maybe not), and hope they seriously...i want them to fail this time and get into Fergies head that this team isnt what a he thinks it is...im a United fan dont get me wrong, but we have our shockers and then we have our big clangers...then we win in the league and fergie is making statements how wonderful Scholes still is and then again we go back to some clangers and shockers...

we have a good run in the league and we need to keep that coz thats our main hope so far this season, we have the talent in some players but we dont have the mentality to keep it up...

Football fanatics, meron bang football club dito sa MTC, I play with a club in the office and member of our team, kaya lang off season na kami, and i want to meet other people playing especially here at MTC. If theres one may I get info on it ?

Thanks.

Live, eat, sleep, drink football ! Benga!