The Football Thread

Labuyo

eto'o should be back by december or even late november.

finally we'll see the real barca again - dangerous and with a real cutting edge...

i've said it before and i'll say it again: eto'o is more important to barca than ronaldhinho. not as important as messi, but more important than the brazilian.

Si sir alex syempre.

Ok lads. Discussion time?

ARS vs MANU what result and why?

Gunners pa rin all the way...hehe

many have written them off even before the season started..pero look at where Arsenal is at now...no 1 and there is not even a slight inclination that they are likely to leave that spot till the season ends...one thing is for sure Man U will be a tougher test for the "kids" than Liverpoo (purely based on recent performances). Many have outrightly predicted that Liverpool will walk away with the EPL started, and look where they are now..struggling even for form.

The only way other teams can beat Arsenal is to "bash" the players around...like what happened last season...but if the game is played in the right way as it should be, nobody is even close to Arsenal. They are truly the ambassadors of "the beautiful game"

forecast: Arsenal 3 - Man U 1

The forcast is for Man U to win or at worst a draw. The four attacking players Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani and Tevez would be too good for Arsenal defence. The plus side is also the solid defence display by Man U. This match would be the real test for the young gunners. Last week display by the young gunners against Liverpool was really good. Given the home advantage, the chances for the young gunners to win is also good. My heart is for Arsenal to win by my mind is for a draw.

redshirt, i tried your petition kaso may bayad, pano un? pag di ko nagdonate, la na kwenta pirma ko sa petition na yun?..

i think this game will be won or lost in the midfield for ManUtd..both teams have a great midfield, Arsenal's ace is Fabregas, swerte lang ang ManUtd, they have Hargreaves to counter him, i was really hoping Scholes could play, but i think Giggs could be up to the task..Sir Alex should go for experience and start Giggs & Hargreaves in the midfield, i think Carrick is too weak to counter Fabregas, he should bench Carrick and start Hargreaves :)

i prefer this line-up for ManUtd for the incoming Arsenal game..

rooney tevez

giggs

nani c.ronaldo

hargreaves

evra vidic ferdinand brown

van der sar (gk)

subs: kuszchack, carrick, o'shea, anderson, pique

ManUtd fans, which line-up do you suggest? i think it'll be 2-1 to ManUtd, with Rooney scoring the goal to win the game..sana magdilang-anghel ako :)

Edited by _eRon_
redshirt, i tried your petition kaso may bayad, pano un? pag di ko nagdonate, la na kwenta pirma ko sa petition na yun?..

i think this game will be won or lost in the midfield for ManUtd..both teams have a great midfield, Arsenal's ace is Fabregas, swerte lang ang ManUtd, they have Hargreaves to counter him, i was really hoping Scholes could play, but i think Giggs could be up to the task..Sir Alex should go for experience and start Giggs & Hargreaves in the midfield, i think Carrick is too weak to counter Fabregas, he should bench Carrick and start Hargreaves :)

rooney tevez

giggs

nani c.ronaldo

hargreaves

van der sar (gk)

ManUtd fans, which line-up do you suggest? i think it'll be 2-1 to ManUtd, with Rooney scoring the goal to win the game..sana magdilang-anghel ako :)

i dont think giggs can play the central mid position effectively. my guess is nani would drop to the bench and giggs takes the left wing. anderson will play the attacking mid role since scholes is still injured.

i see it 2-2. man utd has a stronger team but arsenal are in form and playing at home

Arsenal ManU game just finished and its another draw! 2-2 Damaso was spot on with his prediction...

'twas a good game with goals from Looney and Greg Louganis este Ronaldo for Manu...as usual Fabregas scored and topped up by Gallas on the dying seconds of the added time

Watch out for the Oscars....baka manominate si Andersson and Evra for best actors :thumbsupsmiley:

The Gunners are still on top!

rooney tevez

giggs

nani c.ronaldo

hargreaves

van der sar (gk)

wala pong bayad yun. They are only asking for a donation. Pag umabot na kayo dun it means na sign na petition. Pls guys try nyo din sa mga iba nyong kakilala. Just e-mail the link or IM sa office ok lng. Let's do our best to get that pettiton to it's destination.

About the ARS vs MANU game.

GODDAMN IT! We should have won! Swinerte nanaman ang ARS! I knew this game has a great chance to be a draw but eventhough I knew it would be... Di nakayanan ng sikmura ko na tumaya against my beloved MANU. So what I did was bet on 0 handicap to eliminate the draw. So binalik lang ang taya ko. :P Buti nalang may back-up bet ako sa CHE :D

Dapat hndi goal yun IMHO kasi na clear ni van der sar yung bola. Sige alam ko may babanat dyan na basta over the line it's a goal pero kung napanood nyo yung game ng Totenham last week against Blackburn. Nasalo ni Freidel yung bola pero hindi sya na count. bakit kaya? Dumb luck lang yung panalo ng ARS! :grr:

2-2....now manu and aresenal are tied with manu up one game

chelsea won over wigan 2-0 with golas from lampard and beletti...chelsea now have won 7 straight under grant...the team - and the london papers - have now forgotten all about mourinho

liverpool continues its downward slide with a 0-0 game against blackburn

Edited by ron9
Sign the petition boys!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/premierleaguephilippines/

It's about time to take the matter ito our own hands! Im getting tired of bitching about us not being able to see EPL games!

Good job on the petition, let's hope this brings about some change.

Although I think ESPN Phil is depended on feeds from ESPN Taiwan, instead of getting it from Sing or HK where the EPL is big.

But it's good that you started this!

Arsenal had more chances but Man U was more accurate at the goal. Still it was a real test for the gunners to flight back for the draw. The experience of the match would certainly help the young players to play against the top teams in the league as well as in Europe. We must remenber this is just the starting year of the young Arsenal team. The free flowing play of Arsenal was cleverly stop by Man U. Arsene Wenger would have to find a way out of the clever play of Man U and the physical play of Blackburn in the midfield.

you have to give arsenal credit for passing the tests with late equalizers against liverpool and manu...and they're doing this without van persie...admittedly it's still a long way to go and chelsea is storming back with impressive victories under grant....but you are right that these draws are actually a win in terms of a confidence boost for the young players like fabregas, flamini, walcott, etc.

wala pong bayad yun. They are only asking for a donation. Pag umabot na kayo dun it means na sign na petition. Pls guys try nyo din sa mga iba nyong kakilala. Just e-mail the link or IM sa office ok lng. Let's do our best to get that pettiton to it's destination.

About the ARS vs MANU game.

GODDAMN IT! We should have won! Swinerte nanaman ang ARS! I knew this game has a great chance to be a draw but eventhough I knew it would be... Di nakayanan ng sikmura ko na tumaya against my beloved MANU. So what I did was bet on 0 handicap to eliminate the draw. So binalik lang ang taya ko. :P Buti nalang may back-up bet ako sa CHE :D

Dapat hndi goal yun IMHO kasi na clear ni van der sar yung bola. Sige alam ko may babanat dyan na basta over the line it's a goal pero kung napanood nyo yung game ng Totenham last week against Blackburn. Nasalo ni Freidel yung bola pero hindi sya na count. bakit kaya? Dumb luck lang yung panalo ng ARS! :grr:

On whether to consider Arsenal last goal or not: if you review the game, you can clearly see that Van der Sar's back was almost touching the back of the net, ung buong katawan nya eh nasa loob na ng goal, the ball was inside (not even just crossed the line) the net, no question goal yon.

On the actual game: Fergusson always professed that they will play attacking football in all of the pre-match interviews, but ManU played tight and compressed the midfield all the way down to the full backs. Man U's game plan was just to stifle Arsenal's passing plays. Not attacking, but merely relying on counter attacks. They were prepared to soak up pressure from Arsenal.

Arsenal dominated the possession, had the most shots on target,most corners,least yellow cards....need I say more

Goals:

Looney - scuffed his shot, Gallas was on top of it. If Looney made good contact with the ball, Gallas would have deflected it outside, scored on the last minute of injury time...in short....swerte

Fabregas - resulted from a good passing play between Sagna and Adebayor..Van Der Sar saved Adebayor's shot.....Fabregas right place at the right time...2 minutes after start of 2nd half....good play

Greg Louganis (aka Cristiano Ronaldo) - resulted from a good run from Evra..clumsy Arsenal keeper made wrong decision..good positioning by Ronaldo, even better pass from Evra...goal 5 minutes from time...good play

Gallas - again coming from good passing plays, Clichy cross, nagkagulo sa penalty area...ball landed in front of Gallas..goal...pwede na nating sabihin na swerte rin or nag panic ang ManU and never marked Gallas...

I dont think it was due to "dumb luck" but the Gunners resilience...the game was on the balance and I personally think the result was fair, based on the actual merits of the game. Yun nga lang Arsenal pa rin ang nasa no 1......hehehe :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by mojo2NV
you have to give arsenal credit for passing the tests with late equalizers against liverpool and manu...and they're doing this without van persie...admittedly it's still a long way to go and chelsea is storming back with impressive victories under grant....but you are right that these draws are actually a win in terms of a confidence boost for the young players like fabregas, flamini, walcott, etc.

Chelsea winning over Wigan is not impressive...in fact it should be a given..not just for Chelsea, but for all other teams in the EPL...Wigan and Derby will definitely go back to the championship..

Edited by mojo2NV