The Football Thread

Labuyo

From what I've read on the news, Ballack and his manager is negotiating to no one else right now but Chelsea.  Kaya malamang sa Chelsea ang bagsak nya. 

I'm not a ManU fan but I'm smelling something...    I think Van Nistelrooy will be gone from ManU pretty soon.  Mas trip ni Sir Fergie ang laro ni Saha eh.  Come to think of it, Saha is good at both left and right foot.  At may tendency si Fergie mag let-go ng mga star players, just like what happened to Beckham, Stam, and Keane. 

What do you guys think about this?

maybe Van Nistelrooy will be on the way out as well since he is snubbing him on the lineup.... never a Man U fan as i am a Liverpool fan... their grip on their dominance of the Primiereship is lost already.... its not like the 90s anymore.... i just hope someday Liverpool will be back in their glory days in the 80s.... you'll never walk alone!!!

maybe Van Nistelrooy will be on the way out as well since he is snubbing him on the lineup.... never a Man U fan as i am a Liverpool fan... their grip on their dominance of the Primiereship is lost already.... its not like the 90s anymore.... i just hope someday Liverpool will be back in their glory days in the 80s.... you'll never walk alone!!!

Well, the Liverpool forwards were finally able to lift their team up with a 5-1 win against Fulham. Just about time...

Tsk tsk tsk... I also read online that AJAX will shed 5 more young good players by the end of the season. PIENNAR and ROSENBERG are amongst. Ano ba talaga tong AJAX na to, training ground na lang ba talaga to..?

ballack going to chelsea?... hmm... can't imagine him wearing a that blue samsung shirt...

beckham donning the red emirates shirt?... sounds interesting... and it is quite scary to imagine ljunberg in the middle... passing to the likes of beckham and pires at the flanks... and the two freeing up van persie, reyes, and henry... plus that new african guy...

Well, the Liverpool forwards were finally able to lift their team up with a 5-1 win against Fulham.  Just about time...

Tsk tsk tsk...  I also read online that AJAX will shed 5 more young good players by the end of the season.  PIENNAR and ROSENBERG are amongst.  Ano ba talaga tong AJAX na to, training ground na lang ba talaga to..?

finally liverpool got to score more than a goal.... and finally fowlers long awaited goal after being robbed 3 times because of a flag..... i hope fowler, crouch, morientes and cisse take this as a turning point and score more goals and chase manu for the 2nd place and secured champions league spot :thumbsupsmiley:

There's 90% chance that Ballack will sign up to Chelsea pretty soon. Mourinho has already cleared Juan Sebastian Veron, Scott Parker, and Tiago from their duties to the club. Jiri Jarosik and Alexi Smertin will also follow them on their way out.

Ang daming pinakawalan ni Mourinho sa midfield para lang kay Ballack. Anyway, of all those leaving Chelsea, si Tiago lang ang medyo may halaga eh.

Edited by dj_flip03
Well, the Liverpool forwards were finally able to lift their team up with a 5-1 win against Fulham.  Just about time...

Tsk tsk tsk...  I also read online that AJAX will shed 5 more young good players by the end of the season.  PIENNAR and ROSENBERG are amongst.  Ano ba talaga tong AJAX na to, training ground na lang ba talaga to..?

that is the business model of Ajax....that is how Ajax as a business entity makes money, off the transfer fees....i think Ajax is sound in doing such, not only are they making money but they are making sure that the youths of Netherlands have a bright future in football....It is such a small talent but their pool of not only players but also managers are one of the highest in the world....

some african countries have taken up such business model, especially the former colonies....

i think if phils., can have such a youth program in football, not only will we be producing excellent players for the world, but could be making money as well....

remember, all football clubs are business except for one, chelsea...it a hobby for roman a.....what an ass****!!!

anybody has any idea if skycable ESPN and star sports (ch 31&32) will be broadcasting this year WC?

for as long as espn/star sports has been on local cable they have never shown the world cup or even the euro cup

before your only chance of seeing the world cup if your local cable carrier had other channels such as nhk (japan) or other networks...for 2002 WC our cable carrier (paranaque cable) showed ALL games live via a new guinea channel

for WC 94 & 98 local network (channel 4 or nbn 4) showed one game a day (live) and a replay late at night

for WC 2002 it was dream broadcasting who got the rights to show the games... that is why the other channels carried by other cable networks were jammed by dream (but they didn't know about paranaque cable's new guinea network). even channel 4 initially did not show the games.

as a compromise or "consuelo", dream allowed channel 4 to broadcast replayed games late at night but at lousy picture quality...i actually watched france vs (forgot) but the audio was for a totally different game.

hopefully this year dream won't monopolize the WC, after all a good number of households have cable and by dream having the exclusive rights over the game means only those with satellite, i.e., condo's, beach houses, yacths, etc., can watch the games

i am hoping the sporst plus (?) - the channel that shows UFC, badminton, Reema Chanco, will show the games (i think its channel 35 in sky)...they've been showing some WC primers so i hope they will also show the games

BARCELONA: THIERRY HENRY JOINING RONALDINHO

BARCELONA, Mar 16 (SW) - Spanish champions Barcelona claim that Arsenal’s French striker Thierry Henry has committed to a ‘verbal agreement’ with the Catalan giants.

Sources within the organization claim that the French international has agreed to sign in the summer in a deal reportedly worth £140,000 a week.

Barcelona are refusing to make an official comment, but the Spanish press are reporting that Henry would come to the Nou Camp for only £10million. FIFA rules, and the fact that Henry is in the last year of his contract with Arsenal, would prevent the north London club from asking for a larger sum.

A club source said: "Signing Henry has always been the club's highest priority because it will have a knock-on effect on the remaining money available to Frank Rijkaard this summer.

"Rijkaard and his coaching staff are already working on a system for next season that will integrate Henry quickly and allow him to adapt as soon as possible to playing alongside Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o."

poor Arsenal tsk,tsk,tsk! what will happen to them now!?!!

nothing is definite yet with henry's so called transfer to barcelona....everything still depends on how arsenal will fare on this year's championship league.kaya di pa rin sya nag-rerenew ng contract with the gunners.at the moment,arsenal is in the quarterfinals and is in a position to eclipse tottenham in fourth place in the premiership that will assure them of another CL stint next year.and one last thing,henry promised that he will lead the gunners on their first game next season when they moved to their new ground, the emirates stadium.

i think if phils., can have such a youth program in football, not only will we be producing excellent players for the world, but could be making money as well....

youth program for football in the philippines? :D malabo yata mangyari 'yan. baka kung basketball pa usapan,mabilis pa sa alas kuatro mga pinoy. :lol:

ewan ko ba?!!! ang liliit naman pero nagpupumilit magbasketball. :lol:

youth program for football in the philippines? :D  malabo yata mangyari 'yan. baka kung basketball pa usapan,mabilis pa sa alas kuatro mga pinoy. :lol:

ewan ko ba?!!! ang liliit naman pero nagpupumilit magbasketball. :lol:

may nabasa ako last year somewhere i think the pff is already planning a national league in 2 yrs time...i dunno kung true sya...pero article un e..sana totoo..

nweis just read this somewhere...how sad...

World Cup record

* 1930 to 1938 - Did not enter

* 1950 - Withdrew

* 1954 to 1962 - Did not enter

* 1966 - Suspended by FIFA for failure to pay the necessary fees

* 1970 - Did not enter

* 1974 - Withdrew

* 1978 to 1994 - Did not enter

* 1998 - Did not qualify

* 2002 - Did not qualify

* 2006 - Did not enter

Asian Cup record

* 1956 - Did not qualify

* 1960 - Did not qualify

* 1964 - Did not enter

* 1968 - Did not qualify

* 1972 - Did not enter

* 1976 - Did not enter

* 1980 - Did not qualify

* 1984 - Did not qualify

* 1988 - Did not enter

* 1992 - Did not enter

* 1996 - Did not qualify

* 2000 - Did not qualify

* 2004 to 2007 - Did not enter

Tiger Cup record

* 1996 to 2004 - Round 1

First international

Philippines 2 - 1 China

(Philippines; February 1, 1913)

Largest win

Japan 2 - 15 Philippines

(Tokyo, Japan; September 10, 1917)

Worst defeat

Japan 15 - 0 Philippines

(Tokyo, Japan; September 27, 1967)

World Cup

Appearances none (First in -)

Best result -

AFC Asian Cup

Appearances none (First in -)

Best result -

Edited by xycho_g

we have a chance to be great mates,problema lng kinukurakot ng governing body ng football dito satin yung funds para iexpand yung game,to the arsenal fan,malabo na makarcover talaga ang team pag nawalan ng talismantic captians such as viera and keno,pero pag manchester united,kaya parin!! :P

mahirap palitan ang utak ng mga pinoy. Basketball will still be their most favorite sport even if walang kwenta na siya in terms of international appeal. Its like the pinoy attitude and graft and corrpution. It will take a long time and a lot of patience to get it out of our system. Basketball is in the heart of pinoys na, and everyone seems to be in on it. even if football is more of a sport suited for pinoy and our financial conditions.

ako may puso akong basketball, cuz i play basketball e...no choice...un ung linalaro ng mga kaibigan ko...ung football friends ko nmn napunta na ng bicol..d n kme nakakalaro every sunday...sana lng tlga magkaroon ng national football league dito..its a win win situation sa mga pinoy...jobs will rise...and the sport football will be known sa pinas..

to the arsenal fan,malabo na makarcover talaga ang team pag nawalan ng talismantic captians such as viera and keno,pero pag manchester united,kaya parin!! :P

di ako arsenal fan,sir. just a plain football punter lang. :) i actually support chelsea pero i agree with you na malaking bagay pag nawala ang talisman ng isang team.viera's value to the gunners can't be replaced in just one season.keno? do you mean roy keane? so that explains man. united's poor showing this year. :thumbsupsmiley:

if i have the money, i will send my kid to one of those youth systems in england, dun na sya mag-aral.. baka maging david beckham pa anak ko.. bwahaha.. 200,000 fcuking pounds per week! maybe even more on how good a prodigy he becomes.. :boo:

200,000 pounds a week?...wtf?!...wow....laki a...i never knew na ganyan kalaki ung bayad....haha...kala ko mala IS lng dito...mas malaki p pala...

200,000 pounds a week?...wtf?!...wow....laki a...i never knew na ganyan kalaki ung bayad....haha...kala ko mala IS lng dito...mas malaki p pala...

you misunderstood bubuy,sir.what he meant was the salary footballers are getting per week.football academy can be free as long as nakita ng club na may potential ka.thats their way of developing talents and parang tulong na rin nila sa community.

the batch of david beckham,neville brothers,nicky butt who went on to win the treble for man. united actually came from the youth program of the club.kumbaga,sila nagdevelop sa mga ito

yahoo! Man United just won again against the WBA 2-1! :thumbsupsmiley:

IMHO, I don't consider their (Manchester United) season so far as poor rather its just they weren't together enough yet during the CL group stages and only now their peaking with their team. they're still in the second spot in the Premier League right? it's just unfortunate that in a football season/calendar, teams can't afford an off month as they might lose out on any silverware if they dug themselves a deep enough hole...