The Football Thread

Labuyo

Portugal coach Scolari:

“I’m the type of coach who focuses on results. I’m not one of those hypocrites who says they only want to win by playing well, by playing pretty football. I want results, and teams that play beautiful football are usually on the first plane home. I’m not saying that there isn’t a place for entertainment in the game. If you can get results and play nice football, then all well and good, but if it all goes wrong then it’s the coach who’s out of a job. I live and die by my results.”

Yan ang tunay na coach! ARRIBA PORTUGAL!!!

Sabi sa inyo eh, papasok sa magic 4 ang Portugal. Ang galing ng master tactician Scolari. Nasa coach yan. Galing magmotivate kahit na walang star players sa team niya. ARRIBA PORTUGAL!!!!!

i wonder what you call FIGO,C.RONALDO,DECO,TIAGO,CARVALHO.????? Scolari may be a great manager but without his players especially their well practiced diving... :lol: :lol: :lol: they will never reach up to this stage.

bad trip natalo england..

if only rooney wasn't sent off..

if only the handball inside the box was called..

haha.. pero ganyan talaga.. laro lang 'to.

on the other hand.. france won! wohoo! galing talaga ni zidane.. fave ko tlga yun.

btw, to those who watched in NSG, buti di nagkastampede nung nawala yung video nung penalty shootout na.. hahaha.

In my opinion,it would be a miracle if England win EURO 2008 or WC 2010!! :grr:

I don't like the new England gaffer at all!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

I hope the French win the WC this time.... I think they deserve it after beating Brazil :P

Goodbye England,Goodbye Beckham :cry:

You can do it Zizou!!

i wonder what you call FIGO,C.RONALDO,DECO,TIAGO,CARVALHO.????? Scolari may be a great manager but without his players especially their well practiced diving... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  they will never reach up to this stage.

I agree. But if Scolari had been the Brazilian's coach, they wouldn't be grieving now. Like a good orchestra, you need the consumate maestro, an excellent conductor to wield the baton.

Imagine a star-studded team crashing out of the World Cup. As of now, most observers, including the Philippine Daily Inquirer's Amando Doronila, are already predicting a Germany-France title setto. As they say in local parlance, "bilog ang bola." The four teams in the semifinals were not rated before the tournament. The rated teams are all back to their respective countries--Czech Republic, Argentina, Brazil, the Netherlands. The Magic 4 teams started slowly but have been peaking at the right pace.

Of the four semifinalists, it is Portugal who is the hungriest. The other three have already tasted winning the Cup. Having reached this stage, I'm confident Figo & Co. would prove to all and sundry that it is worthy of gunning for the Cup.

i can't wait for tomorrow night! i hope italy beats germany. i'm a fan of alessandro del piero and juve so sana manalo sila. sana manalo rin ang france. most people want france to win because of zidane, ako naman i want them to win because of thierry henry.

if everthing goes well, it will be italy vs. france with france getting the cup.

Disappointing loss for my man David Beckham. Clearly Wayne "overhyped" Rooney is the guy to blame. He DEFINITELY WITHOUT AN IOTA OF A DOUBT isn't mentally ready for these types of games. What the hell are you doing shoving an opposing player in front of the referee! :grr:

Engalnd battled gallantly for nearly an hour with only 10 men but it had to end in penalties. Tsk tsk tsk.

As for the FRA vs BRA game, there was an unusual nervousness to the Brazilian's game. It seemed from the outset that they played not to loose instead of playing to win. France's pace gave Brazil a lot of problems at the back especially Ribery (who is turning out to be a breakout star in these games, I expect a lot of clubs calling his agent now). Poor marking in the set piece that led to the Henry volley. At this stage of the World Cup, you can't leave a player like Henry wide open. Tsk tsk tsk.

Ger vs Ita -> I'd go with Italy on this one.

Fra vs Por -> France

Italy vs France -> France, lift the Cup Zizou!

You're right, bro! On the set-piece, you can see clearly that that the BRA defence was just standing and underestimating the French attack. See R.Carlos letting Henry go on the far side?

Ribery was just as amazing as he did when he played at the under 21 sometime ago. Dapat sinama din nila si Toulalan.

italy was one of my predicted team to go this far...hope they can do well against the germans.

whenever portugal plays, there are bound to have controversy, so i kind of dont like them, especially all the acting....

so i'm hoping for france to win against portugal.

I don't think you can still act like it doesn't hurt when your precious crotch get stomped on, can you?

As for Wayne Rooney fans... tsk tsk tsk. See him push C. Ronaldo as if he was saying "Wag ka nang makialam, pre!". Wayne seems more ill-tempered than C. Ronaldo after all.

ENG should have done better with Crouch rather than "wonder boy" Rooney. Anyway, manalo or matalo naman sila, Sven will still resign anyway, so he's got nothing to loose. And he doesn't care for the English, since he's Swedish. :lol:

GO FRANCE!!!!

Cristiano Ronaldo is now officialy Public Enemy #1 in England.

Remember the reception D. Beckham got when they arrived after the 98 World Cup, where Becks was red carded?! Imagine how the people in England would react when he starts playing for Man U. But I bet that he would be dealt to another club with all the public pressure Man U would get. Harharhar.

Yoohoo Real Madrid! :evil:

talo brazil....so sayang yung binili kong t shirt ng brazil sa giordano singapore...ganda pa naman kulay...hehehe

so when will the semis start? Where can i watch it in the Ortigas area....la kasi kaming cable eh.  Am kinda confused here

Punta ka na lang sa Ateneo gym, live ang telecast. P200 entrance fee. Masaya pa, dami nanonood.

Mukhang Germany vs. france na sa Finals.

History is on the side of Germany being the hosts. In the past, host teams who play in the Finals end up winning the world Cup.

But anything can still happen. If France wins, this would be a very good footnote to the career of one Zinedine Zidane and will definitely boost his standing among the legends of the game alongside such great names as Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo...

Either way, okay lang sa akin. Now that my favorite teams (Spain and Brazil) are out of contention anyway :(

France deserves to win if only because they beat a star-studded Brazilian side. But considering they couldn't even win over Switzerland and South Korea? Germany also deserves to win if only as a fitting cap to what has largely been a strong campaign so far.

This does not in any way diminish my admiration for both Spain and Brazil. At that level, anyone can win. Breaks na lang talaga... :unsure:

Cristiano Ronaldo is now officialy Public Enemy #1 in England.

Remember the reception D. Beckham got when they arrived after the 98 World Cup, where Becks was red carded?! Imagine how the people in England would react when he starts playing for Man U. But I bet that he would be dealt to another club with all the public pressure Man U would get. Harharhar.

Yoohoo Real Madrid! :evil:

i think so too

History is on the side of Germany being the hosts.  In the past, host teams who play in the Finals end up winning the world Cup.

Minalas lang din South Korea nung semifinals last 2002. Ang lalakas ng kalaban nila. :lol: Ok din naman sila maglaro, yun nga lang parang luto yung laban nila dati sa Spain. Parang naging unfair mga officials at that time. But that's just me... :D

Anyway... Go France!! :thumbsupsmiley:

ITALY 2 - 0 Germany

What a game!!!

Just when you thought the game would end up on a penalty kick-off. Two very very late goals from Grosso and DelPiero shoved Germany out for their exit.

I give Ballack a trophy for his very good acting/diving performance. Actually both sides were good at it. :D

San kaya pwedeng makapanood ng FRA vs POR match..? :blink:

Go FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dj_flip03

nanapunuod ko kanina sa rpn!...ganda sobra ng laban.. galing ni del piero. parang wala nang midfielder nung extra time. after the italy attack, deretso sa kabila ung bola. germany nnmn aatack...

so nagpapalabas pla ang rpn...dko sure kng live dahil may solar all access sa screen..tignan ko later mmya sa rpn ng 3am kng nagpapalabas sila ng live. its fra v por!...

sana france manalo!.. go zizou!!!

other football news:

juventus, lazio and fiorentina baka marelegate because of the game fixing scandal.