The Football Thread

Labuyo

dj_flip, this was an unfair result, France played superb and they deserved to win.

Although I have to question France's tactics pulling out, Vieira, Henry and Ribery. 3 of the 4 most important players for France in this tourney. And the headbutt, oh my, I always thought Zizou was an underrated header of the ball but in this case, tsk tsk tsk.

On the other hand, when the match went into penalties, I instantly remembered how Roberto Baggio missed his penalty and how Italy lost the 94 edition. History really has a way to correct itself. :D

nice match...

italy suxz the whole match...france has the upperhand...jzt look at the shot on goal...geeez

zidane...tsk tsk tsk...im jzt wondering what materazzi said to him...playing with an injury that boy got gutz...

italy deserve it...i guess...

dj_flip, this was an unfair result, France played superb and they deserved to win.

Although I have to question France's tactics pulling out, Vieira, Henry and Ribery. 3 of the 4 most important players for France in this tourney. And the headbutt, oh my, I always thought Zizou was an underrated header of the ball but in this case, tsk tsk tsk.

On the other hand, when the match went into penalties, I instantly remembered how Roberto Baggio missed his penalty and how Italy lost the 94 edition. History really has a way to correct itself. :D

France played very well on the 2nd half. Kaya lang Ribery couldn't just connect, Henry couldn't put much power on his strikes coz of the space which he lacked to create, and Vieira limped. Di mo rin talaga masisisi si Zidane, he musta run outta patience with Materazzi.

But I remember the other foul Italy made. It was suppose to be another penalty. That could have ended Italy for good.

Heartbreaking for France and their supporters (I am one of them as I have been rooting for both Germany and France - was dreaming that both would meet in the final hehehe). It was a good game by France, and they should have won. Italy was boring as they were hoping that it would go to penalties. Malas lang at wala yung 3 more reliable World Cup '98 veterans (Zidane, Henry and Vieira) for the penalty shoot out. With Zidane out via the red card and Vieira injured, I question Henry's substitution. Everyone did well for the PK except of course for the miss by David Trezeguet which was the eventual difference.

Congratulations to Germany for grabbing 3rd place. Klinsmann should stay on as coach.

why zidane why?!!! the worst way to exit football internationally! t** parang toro. ano un napikon kay materazzi? t** tlga. itally played very good in the first half. walang makadefend sa mga corners nila. then france played good in the second half. however finishing lng tlga. puro pilit mostly tira ng france. di sila makaset up ng maayos. kng napansin nyo its always 2-3 white shirts and 6 blue shirts kng aatack ang france. lakas tlga ng defense ng italy. but it was a good game overall except for zidanes toro acting and trezeguets missed penalty. nightmares for trezeguet and zidane!

congrats to italy. eventhough totti played very poorly. canavarro played at his best. di makalusot si henry. and buffon was also good. kng pinasok lng tlga ni zidane header nya and trezeguets penalty. a french striker missed and 2 italian defenders scored sa penalty....talagang para sa italy lng tlga. atleast totti, canavarro, del piero, materazzi, gilardino, nesta, pirlo and others have a world cup. italy is now second with 4 world cups overall.

back to normal programming again.. go real! haha

why zidane why?!!! the worst way to exit football internationally! t** parang toro. ano un napikon kay materazzi? t** tlga. itally played very good in the first half. walang makadefend sa mga corners nila. then france played good in the second half. however finishing lng tlga. puro pilit mostly tira ng france. di sila makaset up ng maayos. kng napansin nyo its always 2-3 white shirts and 6 blue shirts kng aatack ang france. lakas tlga ng defense ng italy. but it was a good game overall except for zidanes toro acting and trezeguets missed penalty. nightmares for trezeguet and zidane!

congrats to italy. eventhough totti played very poorly. canavarro played at his best. di makalusot si henry. and buffon was also good. kng pinasok lng tlga ni zidane header nya and trezeguets penalty. a french striker missed and 2 italian defenders scored sa penalty....talagang para sa italy lng tlga. atleast totti, canavarro, del piero, materazzi, gilardino, nesta, pirlo and others have a world cup. italy is now second with 4 world cups overall.

Do you think C.Ronaldo will go to Real Madrid?

Go Real!!

sa international team lang ba magreretire si zidane? i thought pati sa real di na siya maglalaro..

Go Real!!

hmm...i dont think capello will get c ronaldo. mas priority ata nun italians..

sa international team lang ba magreretire si zidane? i thought pati sa real di na siya maglalaro..

not sure about that dude...basta sure ako internationally retired na si zidane.

kala ko si ronaldo magretire na din..di pa pala...ano kaya feeling ni trezeguet pag balik nya sa juve?...

if juve goes to serie b pla and fiorentina and lazio gets point deductions...roma pasok sa champions league...

a bad way for Zidane to end his career, France played well during the 2nd half and in extra time although Italy as always known for their defensive execution was spot on...Veira limped off, and Henry just lost wind by the end and started to cramp up so he had to come off...but Ribery shouldve stayed on he still had some gas and couldve got France that winning goal before he was substituted...

Congrats to Italy, and rumor is since they won the world cup those teams up for match fixing could be given a pardon...sucks coz then it just shows its alright to match fix...

newayz Zidane still wins the Golden Ball award even though with a bad exit...

Go Real!!

If your a big Manchester United fan i dont think Go Real will help us haha

If Cristiano Ronaldo leaves this could be a big set back United for another few years, they need to keep star players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney so the team can attract high profile players...its already hard for United now to attract top tier talent as famous players like Beckham, Stam & Ruud made big headlines on their spat with Alex Ferguson...if Cristiano leaves this could become a negative impact on United as to why big profile players dont want to play for United anymore...

Even B grade stars like Carrick & youngster Obi Mikel are denying the move to United...4 years ago players would jump the chance to join United.

I feel its time aswell for Alex Ferguson to move on and bring in Lippi, a fresh new face with a fresh new plan and challenge will probably do wonders for this club. Ferguson has had years to plan and buy players to mold around Rooney & Cristiano but he still failed to address the goalkeeper issue since Peter "The Great" Schmeichel left after the treble season of 1999 (i miss Schmeichel :( ), and replacing the midfield as he is still hanging onto Scholes as the saviour for next season which clearly is showing Scholes is going past his prime now...He did address the defensive issue just last season after how many seasons we were leaking goals...

hmm...i dont think capello will get c ronaldo. mas priority ata nun italians..

not sure about that dude...basta sure ako internationally retired na si zidane.

kala ko si ronaldo magretire na din..di pa pala...ano kaya feeling ni trezeguet pag balik nya sa juve?...

if juve goes to serie b pla and fiorentina and lazio gets point deductions...roma pasok sa champions league...

Juve's more likely to lose all their great players (international and italians) due to the scandal. Adrian Mutu was already sold to Fiorentina. Rumors has it that Fabio Capello (new manager of Madrid) is requesting to get Canavarro, Emerson, and Zambrotta from Juventus. By the way, Juve could be relegated to Serie C!!! Claim din nung president ng Madrid that they will begin negotiation with AC Milan to get KAKA since Milan might be relegated to Serie B. They might also get Fabregas, and Van Nistelrooy. Now this time, I believe in Capello's capabilities to gel such an all star cast. Mukhang hahakot na ng trophies ang Real (if the rumors are true).

By the way, did Zidane won the Golden Ball award? I think he did.

Edited by dj_flip03
If your a big Manchester United fan i dont think Go Real will help us haha

If Cristiano Ronaldo leaves this could be a big set back United for another few years, they need to keep star players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney so the team can attract high profile players...its already hard for United now to attract top tier talent as famous players like Beckham, Stam & Ruud made big headlines on their spat with Alex Ferguson...if Cristiano leaves this could become a negative impact on United as to why big profile players dont want to play for United anymore...

Even B grade stars like Carrick & youngster Obi Mikel are denying the move to United...4 years ago players would jump the chance to join United.

I feel its time aswell for Alex Ferguson to move on and bring in Lippi, a fresh new face with a fresh new plan and challenge will probably do wonders for this club. Ferguson has had years to plan and buy players to mold around Rooney & Cristiano but he still failed to address the goalkeeper issue since Peter "The Great" Schmeichel left after the treble season of 1999 (i miss Schmeichel  :(  ), and replacing the midfield as he is still hanging onto Scholes as the saviour for next season which clearly is showing Scholes is going past his prime now...He did address the defensive issue just last season after how many seasons we were leaking goals...

im a big fan of both teams :P

but hows this for a cenario:

C. Ronaldo leaves for RM,Requelme and Ribery join ManU? :P

Go Real!!

Glory Glory Manchester United!!

Juve's more likely to lose all their great players (international and italians) due to the scandal.  Adrian Mutu was already sold to Fiorentina.  Rumors has it that Fabio Capello (new manager of Madrid) is requesting to get Canavarro, Emerson, and Zambrotta from Juventus.  By the way, Juve could be relegated to Serie C!!!   Claim din nung president ng Madrid that they will begin negotiation with AC Milan to get KAKA since Milan might be relegated to Serie B.  They might also get Fabregas, and Van Nistelrooy.  Now this time, I believe in Capello's capabilities to gel such an all star cast.  Mukhang hahakot na ng trophies ang Real  (if the rumors are true).

By the way, did Zidane won the Golden Ball award? I think he did.

I cant wait for Real to go back to their winning ways :D

and if marerelocate ang AC Milan,Juventus and Latzio(not sure about this) edi magdodominate ang Inter,Roma and even Fiorentina! :blink:

Edited by redshirt

I believe he has retired from football, club and country.

Juve's more likely to lose all their great players (international and italians) due to the scandal.  Adrian Mutu was already sold to Fiorentina.  Rumors has it that Fabio Capello (new manager of Madrid) is requesting to get Canavarro, Emerson, and Zambrotta from Juventus.  By the way, Juve could be relegated to Serie C!!!  Claim din nung president ng Madrid that they will begin negotiation with AC Milan to get KAKA since Milan might be relegated to Serie B.  They might also get Fabregas, and Van Nistelrooy.  Now this time, I believe in Capello's capabilities to gel such an all star cast.  Mukhang hahakot na ng trophies ang Real  (if the rumors are true).

Cannavarro is old, Zambrotta is ok can play both sides at fullback. Get KAKA?!?! Ayan na naman attacking player na naman, why don't they get Nesta instead? Fabregas, as in Cesc Fabregas of Arsenal? I don't think Arse will sell, they are in a rebuilding mode and Cesc and Jose Antonio Reyes are a big piece of that. Forget about Ruud. Ok they can get KAKA if they unload Ronaldo. I can't believe I said that. :blink:

I still think that they should get Nesta and and another centre back as priorities. B)