• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Football Thread

Labuyo

my teams are so malas sa champions league:

first, barcelona loses to chelsea via a controversial goal from john terry. replays show that carvalho clearly obstructed the barca keeper. the goal should never have been awarded.

second, lyon loses to psv on penalty kicks. but in the dying seconds of extra time, there was a clear penalty for lyon which was not given by the referee.

haay nako...

The last FA Cup Semi-Final:

Manchester United 4

Newcastle United 1

Its MU and Arsenal for the nth time at the FA Cup Final.

Big Premiership Match: Arsenal vs. Chelsea on Thursday 3:30 at ESPN.

Next Champions League Matches:

AC Milan v. PSV Eindhoven April 26

Chelsea FC v. Liverpool FC April 27

Champions League Final May 25

Edited by howard_the_duck
Arsenal beat Blackburn Rovers 3-0 in their FA Cup Semi-Final

Tomorrow's FA Cup Semi-Final is the battle of the Uniteds: Newcastle United and Manchester United.

Looks like the FA Cup is fast becoming a consolation trophy.

well we have the "league cup" to blame for that. why in the world did the english fa decide to have another cup competition?! now the top teams in england have four competitions: europe, the league, the fa cup, and the league cup. u can't blame the managers for resting some of their key players.

i still think the fa cup is a prestigious and exciting tournament. there's just something extra about a one-game, do-or-die cup tie. a sense of "urgency". if u saw the arsenal-blackburn match u'd know what i was talking about: tackles flying in, physical battles all over the pitch, no one giving an inch. and i must say, though arsenal has been overshadowed by chelsea this year, they still play the most attractive football in england. they're a joy to watch, especially when bergkamp is playing...

i wonder what kind of match the chelsea-liverpool tie will be...will it be like a premiership match na takbuhan ng takbuhan? or like a european match na more technical but slower?

it seems liverpool is more adept sa european style. after all, they have a lot of spanish players (and a spanish manager!) and they have made it all the way to the semis...

chelsea look like they're at home with either style...