Credit Card Talk

• 2 weeks later...

Kung hindi kayang bayaran ang total amount due, sana mas malaki sa minumum amount due. Kakainin lang ng interest charge mo yung minimum due na binayaran mo.

May iba nag ooffer na for installment ang total amount due mo.

The key is disiplina sa pag gamit.

I agree with the importance of self-discipline. Once you find yourself in the credit trap, it's difficult to claw your way out. Before using your CC for any transaction, make sure that you will have enough financial resources in the future to pay the debt. Otherwise, refrain from using it no matter how tempting is a certain purchase.

• 3 months later...

Don't use your BPI cards when you're purchasing something from an unknown source. If it isn't delivered and the seller doesn't answer, nganga na lang. BPI would keep on insisting that you have to get a cancellation notice from the seller so that the charge can be reversed.

Don't use your BPI cards when you're purchasing something from an unknown source. If it isn't delivered and the seller doesn't answer, nganga na lang. BPI would keep on insisting that you have to get a cancellation notice from the seller so that the charge can be reversed.

Kasi you are talking to customer service. So limited pa din access ng mga call centers. I think you could only complain with BSP. Nangyari sa kin dati yan but binalik naman. Bkas kasi sila sila din nakakaalam ng mga details mo. So maybe they are the ones who purchased the goods.

Kasi you are talking to customer service. So limited pa din access ng mga call centers. I think you could only complain with BSP. Nangyari sa kin dati yan but binalik naman. Bkas kasi sila sila din nakakaalam ng mga details mo. So maybe they are the ones who purchased the goods.

Mas hassle pa to. But I'll try it out when things go back to normal. Kaya mostly for online purchases, I use Citibank. Mas reliable ang customer service nila, lalo na when it comes to disputes.

I agree with the importance of self-discipline. Once you find yourself in the credit trap, it's difficult to claw your way out. Before using your CC for any transaction, make sure that you will have enough financial resources in the future to pay the debt. Otherwise, refrain from using it no matter how tempting is a certain purchase.

Correct. At the same time, there are so many business benefits in being a good card customer. The card company offers you a big loan without questions. One company for example was instrumental in my ability to purchase 3 Toyota Vios in cash to start my taxi business. They just based my credibility on my almost 10 years of using their card here and abroad. Then they gave me a loan of 3 million. No questions asked.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This pandemic really costed me so much on my credit card.... from paycut to retrenchment... if there was no pandemic, i could have zeroed my credit this year... but i guess, He has other plans for me....i am only paying minimum since April and finance charges is outweighing my consumption...

any tips masters?

• 8 months later...

i learned my lesson when my finance charges reached a thousand pesos per billing cycle. i took the cc out of my wallet and practices cash only transactions until all my debts were paid. took a while but i finally paid it off.  afterwards i always settled the entire amount instead of just the minimum due. no more finance charges since then. discipline needed.  now the only additional charge i pay is the annual due. and i saved on that by securing cc's with no annual fee. 

On 8/21/2021 at 6:00 PM, kawawangpinoy said:

i learned my lesson when my finance charges reached a thousand pesos per billing cycle. i took the cc out of my wallet and practices cash only transactions until all my debts were paid. took a while but i finally paid it off.  afterwards i always settled the entire amount instead of just the minimum due. no more finance charges since then. discipline needed.  now the only additional charge i pay is the annual due. and i saved on that by securing cc's with no annual fee. 

Credit card is so convenient, so i kinda understand that it you can get carried away. I currently have 2, but only using 1. I have been paying in full every monthly billing statement never the minimum because the interest is damn high. Right i now i can still afford it but i am worried since i made installments on some purchases using my credit card. I just worried that i might keep making installments if i don't keep track of it 

• 2 weeks later...