Are You From The 80s?

Munsingwear, Sergio Tacchini, ellesee, Fila Bjorn Borg t-shirts. Addidas and Puma sneakers made you really sikat, although Nike was starting to make a name then when it introduced the waffle shoe. Remember pelota? I used to be a hot player then. Wore short shorts together with dragon brand rubber shoes as they were the lightest on the market, parang tsinelas.

Tennis was also uso then badminton was just a game played by kids in the kalye. Who can forget the Jimmy Connors - Bjorn Borg - Ilie Nastase - John MacEnroe matchups? And didn't everyone think Jimmy Connors and Chrissy Everts made a fine pair? 

These are late seventies to early 80s. Pelota made waves in the mid-70s.

John McEnroe ended the 5 year run of Borg in Wimbledon in 1981. Borg retired on that year after losing in the US Open finals against McEnroe. McEnroe also won the Wimbledon in 83 and 84.

Jimmy Connors married the Playmate of the Year Patty Maguire. He won in Wimbledon and US Open in 82.

Other notable and dominant players of the 80s were Ivan Lendl, Stefan Edberg, Boris Becker and Mats Wilander.

Among the ladies, Martina Navratilova reigned supreme and still playing professional tennis.

I never wore those...earth shoes, espadrilles, and top siders lang....

Nauso rin sa school namin yung attache case instead of bag....

Yup...top siders or docksiders. :cool:

Echolac yata ang sikat na brand ng attache case nuon. Feeling attorney.

Did you guys hear na may reunion movie na ang BAGETS! :boo:

Edited by batitsman
Sikat ka rin noon kapag naka tretorn sneakers ka at banana republic t shirts.

Unisex ang Tretorn. Made in Sweden.

Bought some Tretorns of different materials (canvas, suede and leather) and color. My favorite was the all-white leather stitched on the side like adidas superstar.

I still have a vintage Banana Republic T-shirt (butas-butas na) with a lion printed at the back. Pam-beach pwede pa! :cool:

Favorite place namin noon ay ZigZag, Culture Club and Route 66.

Yung gamit kong attache case noong college (Samsonite Omega circa 1979) ay buhay pa rin hanggang ngayon. Ang tibay talaga. I met one of my old friends from college. He's still a sperry topsider loyalist. He was wearing a blue topsider when we met last month. :P

Yung gamit kong attache case noong college (Samsonite Omega circa 1979) ay buhay pa rin hanggang ngayon. Ang tibay talaga. I met one of my old friends from college. He's still a sperry topsider loyalist. He was wearing a blue topsider when we met last month. :P

how 'bout sa jeans naman bossing? maihahanay ka ba sa magkalabang panig ng mga old reliable na Levi's o Wrangler? o baka naman sa mga tipong signature na Jordache, Calvin Klein, etc. ako die-hard Levi's pero lately mukhang mas tipo ko na ang fabric at fitting ng Wrangler. :thumbsupsmiley:

how 'bout sa jeans naman bossing? maihahanay ka ba sa magkalabang panig ng mga old reliable na Levi's o Wrangler? o baka naman sa mga tipong signature na Jordache, Calvin Klein, etc. ako die-hard Levi's pero lately mukhang mas tipo ko na ang fabric at fitting ng Wrangler.  :thumbsupsmiley:

Levis 501 and Red Tab. ;)

Alala ko dami naka stretch jeans then yung may zipper sa may laylayan. :) Dami rin naka Lee nuon.

Sperry Topsider na Orig

at ung pekenis version

yung

Sperryyaki

Dagdag mo pa ung K-SWISS, Top-40 Shirts

Unisex ang Tretorn. Made in Sweden.

Bought some Tretorns of different materials (canvas, suede and leather) and color. My favorite was the all-white leather stitched on the side like adidas superstar.

Eh yung BOY LONDON naaalala ninyo pa ba? :D

Bakit nga ba parang lahat ng tao noon naka topsider, tapos minsan wala pang mga medyas :D

di ba pre topsider was originally designed for boaters or yatchsmen, if you will, and you normally see this people on a boat having them on, of course, without socks and in shorts.

di ba pre topsider was originally designed for boaters or yatchsmen, if you will, and you normally see this people on a boat having them on, of course, without socks and in shorts.

Yes Sperry Topsiders were really for yachting. It had rubber soles so you wouldn't slip off a wood deck and its leather was treated to withstand saltwater. Wearing socks would not have been a good idea on a boat.

how 'bout sa jeans naman bossing? maihahanay ka ba sa magkalabang panig ng mga old reliable na Levi's o Wrangler? o baka naman sa mga tipong signature na Jordache, Calvin Klein, etc. ako die-hard Levi's pero lately mukhang mas tipo ko na ang fabric at fitting ng Wrangler.  :thumbsupsmiley:

I'm a jeans and T-shirt guy for more than 3 decades already. My first jeans ( OT because in the 70s) was a pair of Levi's 501 tapos a Wrangler. Then I got a taste of BangBang and Faded Glory and the other HK brands like Brittania and Pentimento. In the late 70s to the early 80s, the best fitting jeans for girls then were Sasson, Gloria Vanderbuilt, Fiorucci and of course CK (Brooke Shields). I tried almost all the good brands then although I'm still loyal to Levi's 501 and other styles (red tab or orange tab). My favorite then (aside from Levi's) was Cacharel followed by CK. I never bought a jordache nor a sergio valente. I also tried AMCO, Lee, Jag and those jeans sold sa Greenhills (pamparami).

Now my closet are filled with more than 20 pairs of jeans of different shades and wash: 8 Levis (501s, 523, 517, 521), 4 buffalo, 3 Guess, 2 A/X, 2 CK and some Italian brands I bought in Linea like Iceberg, Trussardi, etc. Meron pa akong mga 4 pcs na hindi ko pa naisusuot. Addict ba? :P

Pero pinakagamit ko ang mga Levi's :thumbsupsmiley:

OK kamo Wrangler? Mapuntahan nga.

Na-addict din ako noon sa Sperry. Halos lahat ng kulay.Share kami ng tatay ko. No socks if paired with jeans or shorts but used argyle socks when paired with khakis or chinos. Ayoko ng Docksides, masakit sa paa. Tried also Timberland famous for its Vibram sole nang lumabas yung oiled leather.

Pam-party or leather shoes, either nagpapa-made to order sa Wilson shoes. Sikat noon yung Jarman, Maro, Florsheim and meron pang men's line ang Via Venetto or yung mga Italian Shoes like Giorgio Brutini na nabibili sa tabi ng Quad (Bricktown yata? Fitwell ba name nung store?). Siempre meron ding tinda sa Virra mall at Shoppesville in Greenhills.

Never akong nakabili ng K-Swiss. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. Favorite ko kasi noon ang adidas, nike and tretorn.

Edited by storm