WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Haven't you guys noticed that the legend killer still has no match set for WM? It will be boring if he's not included. It'll be a lot better if it was him, not Carlito, to face Ric Flair in WM. Or if Hot Rod would return and give him a match...

its not carlito nor ric flair whos gonna take the last spot for money in the bank. during their match on monday night raw, khali interrupted. and according to some source, orton will take the final spot in the MITB on WM23. hope that mde your day :cool:

Edited by psyc0dud3
Speaking of kings, I recall 4 wrestlers who called themselves King.

We all know about King Booker and Jerry 'The King' Lawler.

The other two are King Harley Race and Randy Savage who once called himself Macho King for a while before reverting back to Macho Man.

I also remember the late Owen Hart won it and crowned himself "King of Harts"

Bad News Brown passes away

World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the death of Allen Coage (professionally known as Bad News Brown). The former WWE Superstar passed away on Tuesday, in his hometown of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Coage died in the morning of March 6, 2007 in his hometown of Calgary at Rockyview Hospital, having been rushed to the hospital after complaining of chest pains. He was 63.

Prior to entering WWE, Coage was a world-class athlete, competing and winning a bronze medal in Judo at the 1976 Summer Olympics. Perhaps his biggest victory in sports-entertainment came at WrestleMania IV, where he won a Battle Royal that included some of the industry's biggest stars.

post-79756-1173344467.jpg

diba naging Hacksaw King Duggan din?

guys, is HBK turning to heel again?

not to mention king kong bundee or whats his name hehe

nope hbk is not turnung heel. the story line right now is that hbk is deciding whether he’d betray cena or not. But heel or face, I cant wait to see hbk superkick the holy crap out of cena hehe.

Bad News Brown passes away

World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the death of Allen Coage (professionally known as Bad News Brown). The former WWE Superstar passed away on Tuesday, in his hometown of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Coage died in the morning of March 6, 2007 in his hometown of Calgary at Rockyview Hospital, having been rushed to the hospital after complaining of chest pains. He was 63.

Prior to entering WWE, Coage was a world-class athlete, competing and winning a bronze medal in Judo at the 1976 Summer Olympics. Perhaps his biggest victory in sports-entertainment came at WrestleMania IV, where he won a Battle Royal that included some of the industry's biggest stars.

sunod sunod ata ang death ng mga wrestling oldies natin...... Bam Bam, the ECW guy (forgot the name) then tong si BNB.... :(

si austin pla ang guest ref! magandang abangan ito...

i wonder who would the rattlesnake strike...

malamang lahat!

nyahahaha!

Would the rattle snake still be in top condition? Yan ang tanong. Baka mamaya he would look like before when he came out after his surgery. Para syang tambay sa kanto na ang laki laki ng tyan at di makayuko, nakakaawa lang.

Catching up with Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake

By Brett Hoffman

Written: February 28, 2007

With his imposing steel shears, colorful outfits, wide eyes and contagious smile, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake became one of the most beloved Superstars in WWE history. Brutus’ career tells a story of courage and commitment. The popular Superstar overcame numerous obstacles and a near fatal accident in 1990 to compete at WrestleMania, and carve out his spot as one of sports-entertainment's most memorable characters.

The name “Brutus Beefcake” is one of the most unique to ever grace a sold-out arena’s flashing marquee. Looking back over a long and successful career, the legend told WWE.com that he has fond memories of his time as Brutus Beefcake, but also remembers a time when even he wasn’t ready to get behind the unusual moniker.

“I was just excited to be there,” remembered Brutus. “We were sitting in a meeting when somebody suggested I use the name 'Baron Beefcake,' wear a top hat, carry a cane, and have long tuxedo tails. My excitement quickly dissipated, and in my mind, it quickly became one of the worst days of my life. I kept asking myself, ‘What’s a Beefcake?’”

Sitting across the table from Beefcake was his long- time friend and road partner, Hulk Hogan. The WWE Hall of Famer was able to calm his disappointed friend, and convince him to accept his new role.

“The whole time, Hulk is kicking me under the table,” said Brutus. “He basically told me to trust him, and that it was going to be ok. He said we would make it work.”

As history states, the Hulkster knew what he was talking about, because Beefcake was about to embark on one of the most successful periods of his career. After years of hard work and long road trips, Brutus Beefcake was rewarded when he competed in front of a jam-packed Madison Square Garden as part of the first-ever WrestleMania.

“It was such an exciting time,” said Brutus. “I knew that if I kept working hard and paid my dues, the reward would come. I fought for my life, and had the hell beat out of me literally night after night all over the country. I fought and survived, and learned a lot about respecting the business in the process. I was proud when I was told I would be a part of WrestleMania.”

Following WrestleMania, Beefcake’s career continued to thrive. Under the guidance of the legendary Johnny Valiant, Beefcake became a World Tag Team Champion while teaming with the legendary Greg “The Hammer” Valentine as the universally hated “Dream Team.”

“It was a great time,” said Beefcake. “We were on top of the world. We were a tag team that was selling out 25,000 seat arenas all over the world. Before us, they never had a tag team that could do that. We were fortunate to be there at the time we were because wrestling was so popular. We had a great run.”

Following the breakup of the Dream Team, Brutus Beefcake became “The Barber” and embarked on a lengthy reign as one of the most popular Superstars in the WWE. On one day in 1990 though, The Barber’s career, and life nearly came to a sudden and tragic end when the legend was nearly killed in a parasailing accident.

“Imagine walking down the street, and getting hit in the face by a 2x4 sticking out of a truck’s window that’s going 35 mph,” said Brutus. “My face was crushed, and it nearly took my head off.”

An emotional Beefcake continued, describing in detail the horrific surgery that led to his unlikely survival from an accident that would have killed most.

“I wasn’t supposed to live, it should’ve ended my life,” said The Barber. “A team of doctors performed an operation that had never been done before on a living person, much less one that would later get up and walk away. I had gone blind because of damage to my optic nerve, and it took them seven hours to restore my eyesight alone.”

Eight titanium plates, 32 screws, 100 feet of steel wire and a reconstructed skull later, Brutus Beefcake laid in his hospital bed as a modern day miracle. As the legend told WWE.com, the long road to recovery still remained, and was one that he may not have conquered if not for the help of his best friend, Hulk Hogan.

“Hulk got on a plane, and flew in to be there when I got out of surgery,” recalled Beefcake. “He was there for me when I was down. He picked me up, convinced me I was going to live, and refused to let me give up hope. He took me to his home, fed me, took me to the gym everyday and stayed with me until I was back to 100 percent.”

After a long and tedious period of rehabilitation, Beefcake finally returned to full strength, and wrote a fairy-tale ending to a near tragic tale when he competed alongside his friend and partner Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania IX in Las Vegas.

“I was told I would never walk again,” said Beefcake. “But then, here I was again, with Hulk Hogan as part of the main event of WrestleMania. They said it couldn’t be done, but God gave me the strength to keep going, and I did. I haven’t stopped since.”

Following several more years of prominence, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake retired from wrestling and returned to his home outside of Boston. There, he spends the bulk of his time with his wife Barbie, and 10-year-old daughter Alana, who happens to be an equestrian in training.

When he’s not with his family, Brutus can be spotted at Planet Fitness, one of the largest gyms in New England. Here, he serves as General Manager and supervisor of more than 30 employees. Beefcake told WWE.com it was a natural transition.

“At first it was difficult, because I was on the road for 30 years,” said Brutus. “But, at the same time, it was an easy adjustment for me. I’ve been in the gym my whole life. It’s like a second home to me, and I really enjoy it.”

post-23387-1173532776.jpg

Catching up with the Honky Tonk Man

By Brett Hoffman

Written: February 7, 2007

Some people say he’s a loudmouth, and some say he’s obnoxious. If you ask him, he’ll tell you, “I’m cool, I’m cocky and I’m bad.” But, regardless of whether you like him or not, it’s widely agreed that he’s the “greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time.” For close to a decade, he was one of WWE’s most hated villains. His name is the Honky Tonk Man.

In the Honky Tonk Man’s long and storied career, he’s competed at WrestleMania, held numerous championships and headlined Madison Square Garden. But, according to HTM, just making it to WWE was good enough for him.

“My goal from the start was to one day make it to the New York territory, and make a name for myself,” said HTM. “I was fortunate enough to be able to go there and become a star, and it was very exciting. Being a part of that organization at that point in time, it was an honor.”

Honky Tonk Man not only became a star, but also a champion. The greasy-haired Elvis impersonator is the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion in WWE history, holding the title for more than 14 months while defeating challenger after challenger all over the globe. His days as a champion however, came to a sudden end at SummerSlam ’88, when a jam-packed Madison Square Garden crowd saw him torn apart by the Ultimate Warrior in less than a minute.

“I was Champion for 15 months, and lost the title in 13 seconds,” remembers HTM. “The roof absolutely came off the Garden that night. I had headlined the Garden six times before and heard some explosive crowds, but nothing compared to the crowd on that night.”

Since his departure from weekly TV, Honky Tonk Man has caught his share of controversial headlines. The ring veteran has been outspoken in his opinions on the sport, and several Superstars associated with it. Recently, HTM himself was the subject of another personality’s pointed opinion, that man being Eric Bischoff. In promoting his book, Controversy Creates Cash, Bischoff said that his favorite firing was the time he fired The Honky Tonk Man. The WWE legend shed some light on why Bischoff may have felt the way he did.

“When I was in WCW, Eric and I didn’t exactly see eye to eye,” recalled the HTM. “I remember the night I walked out of WCW. The last thing I said to Eric was, ‘you couldn’t hold Vince McMahon’s jockstrap’.”

“Of all the people that he fired over the years, for him to pick me, well I guess it’s an honor. It means that he’s still thinking of me,” laughed HTM.

In regards to all the controversy that has followed him in recent years, Honky Tonk Man says it wasn’t about bitterness, but about business. He even told WWE.com that he agreed with Eric Bischoff on one thing.

“I don’t like to give Bischoff a lot of credit, but he was right when he said ‘controversy creates cash’,” said HTM. “It was about survival for me. I said a lot of things and created a lot of controversies to keep my name on people’s minds. Those days are gone now though. I’ve moved on with my life.”

Today, the Honky Tonk Man lives and operates out of his adopted hometown of Phoenix. In addition to keeping busy by wrestling for independent wrestling promotions all over the world, he spends a good deal of time being a father to his kids and a husband to his wife of over 22 years.

“I don’t walk around the neighborhood with an Elvis jumpsuit on,” said HTM. “In my neighborhood, I’m known as Roy and Megan’s dad. I’m the watchdog on our block.”

When he’s not keeping the neighborhood kids in line, he’s keeping his in-ring opponents in line. In 2006, Honky Tonk Man wrestled on 81 shows in six different countries, and he has no intention of slowing down any time soon.

“It’s the business I love, it’s what I’ll always do,” said HTM. “I’ll never be away from this business, I’ll never quit. Being out on the independents, it’s like starting over for me. It’s refreshing to be around people who are so young and hungry to succeed. It’s like a fountain of youth for me.”

For years, sports-entertainment fans hated the HTM with a passion. Today, fans see the Honky Tonk Man in a different light, as he is cheered in every town in which he steps foot. The ring legend told WWE.com that the wrestling fans have always been, and will always be the foundation of the wrestling business.

“Wrestling fans are the truest fans in the world,” said an emotional Honky Tonk Man. “If we the wrestlers ever lose sight of that, it will be the end of the business.”

post-23387-1173533035.jpg

Edited by hitman531ph

Catching up with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

By Brett Hoffman

Written: February 14, 2007

With his golden locks and trademark shin pad wrapped around his boot, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine made an impact in WWE rings for more than a decade. With a career that has spanned more than 30 years, Valentine has seen and done it all in sports-entertainment. In 2004, he was honored for his contributions when he was officially inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

As a child, Greg Valentine was constantly surrounded by the business. His father was the legendary Johnny Valentine, who prior to a 1975 plane crash (which also involved Ric Flair) was one of the top stars in all of wrestling. However, until his late teens, Greg had no intentions of following in his father’s footsteps. It took an eye-opening road trip with his dad in the summer of 1969 to give the young Hammer the motivation he needed to step into the squared circle.

“I had my sights set on other things,” said Valentine. “I never wanted to follow him into the business, until I went on the road with him in ’69. The travel was very appealing to me because I was so young,” he continued. “Between that, the excitement of the wrestling itself and seeing my father perform to sold-out crowds every night was what inspired me.”

Following the road trip, Valentine returned to his home in Seattle where he was supposed to return to school. However, The Hammer soon realized that his heart was no longer in the classroom.

“When I got back to Seattle, I called my dad,” recalled the Valentine. “I called him and said that I didn’t want to go back to school, and that I wanted to become a wrestler. Soon after, he sent me up to the dungeon in Calgary to train with Stu Hart.”

After nearly eight months of zero degree temperatures and intensive “training” from the Hart family patriarch, Valentine returned to the United States where he began the next chapter of his long and storied career. In the decades that would follow, The Hammer won numerous championships, competing with the best in the business along the way. One of his favorite partners and opponents over the years was his good friend, Ric Flair. Valentine jokingly told WWE.com that he still has unfinished business with the Nature Boy.

“Flair was always a good friend, and a friendly enemy,” laughed The Hammer. “Of course, I was always better than him at two things, the Figure Four, and falling on my face. In fact, I want to send a personal challenge to Ric for a Retirement Match so I can retire him myself.”

Today, Greg Valentine operates out of his home base of 22 years, Clearwater, Fla. No longer committed to wrestling on a weekly basis, Valentine spends as much time as possible working in his garden, talking on the phone, lifting weights in the gym, or relaxing out on his boat. The Hall of Famer was even spotted on a recent episode of the hit VH1 reality show, Hogan Knows Best.

The Hammer still spends a lot of time on the road as well, hosting seminars and getting in the ring with the stars of tomorrow at WWE’s developmental territory, Ohio Valley Wrestling. The veteran told WWE.com that contributing to the future of the business is one of the most rewarding experiences of his career, and he hopes to continue doing so as long as he can.

“I’ll never be able to do anything else,” said Valentine. “I can’t teach people how to fly a plane or how to work a computer, my profession is wrestling, and that’s what I’m going to teach them. I’ve learned things in my 35 plus years in the business that you couldn’t learn in any school or college, and I want to pass my knowledge on. I’m looking forward to contributing as much as I can.”

Aside from working with younger wrestlers, The Hammer is also enjoying the time he spends meeting fans he never got to meet during his many years on the road. Valentine wanted to send a message to those fans.

“I really appreciate their support,” said the Hall of Famer. “For a lot of years, I never got to meet my fans because I was so busy. Recently, I’ve gotten to meet and greet so many of them and it’s been great. Everyone has been so nice to me, and it’s really been a great compliment. I want to say thank you to everyone.”

post-23387-1173533251.jpg