WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

I caught the first part of that steroid story today in the paper. It just mentioned Rated RKO and Helms. Now I see there's a lot of other names, including EG, 619 and Angle.

Our fave wrestlers' names mentioned in the same breath as Jose Canseco? Ouch! That's bad.

Randy Orton, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Gregory Helms, Kurt Angle and the late Eddie Guerrero are linked to the pharmacy probe involving steroids

yup here's the full report from PWInsider

source: PWInsider.com

While continuing their investigation into the alleged steroid distribution network in Florida that has implicated numerous professional athletes, Sports Illustrated's official website posted a story today where they reported that they have documents that show a number of WWE wrestlers' names being linked to the investigation. In addition to TNA star Kurt Angle, Sports Illustrated has linked WWE stars Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Adam "Edge" Copeland, Gregory Helms (though they refer to him as Shane Helms & 'The Hurricane' in the article), and the deceased Eddie Guerrero to steroids and HGH.

They are now reporting the following:

"According to the official documents we reviewed, (Arizona Dr. David) Wilbirt was billed for HCG and the steroid stanozolol that were sent to WWE star Eddie Guerrero in early 2005. (Guerrero died on Nov. 13, 2005, in a Minneapolis hotel room due to what a coroner later ruled as heart disease, complicated by an enlarged heart resulting from a history of anabolic steroid use.) Wilbirt also allegedly issued prescriptions for the steroids nandrolone and stanozolol to Oscar Gutierrez, whose stage name is Rey Mysterio. (Through the WWE, Gutierrez declined comment.)"

They also reported the following:

"In total, there were 11 professional wrestlers listed in the documents that we saw. Some of these wrestlers are working as independents; some are out of the business entirely; others are first-tier stars. Consider Randy Orton, who allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs -- stanozolol, nandrolone, anastrozole, Clomiphene citrate, oxandrolone and testosterone -- between March 2004 and August 2004. (Through the WWE, Orton declined comment.) Interestingly, according to the documents, Orton's prescriptions came from the same two doctors whose names appeared on the prescriptions in major league outfielder Gary Matthews Jr.'s file."

They later wrote:

"According to the documents two prominent wrestlers, Adam Copeland, a.k.a. Edge, and Shane Helms, a.k.a. The Hurricane, received HGH. (Through the WWE, Copeland and Helms didn't respond to a request for comment.) But virtually all the others allegedly received a wide variety of anabolic steroids. In each case these were supplied by Applied, the Mobile, Ala., compounding pharmacy that was raided last fall."

When SI.com asked their reporters if WWE has a drug policy, the reporters, Luis Fernando Llosa and L. Jon Wertheim said, "Llosa/Wertheim: Gary Davis, a WWE spokesman, pointed us to a Talent Wellness Program instituted in February 2006. As to whether anabolic steroids and HGH are banned, Davis sent us an email quoting the policy: 'The WWE policy prohibits the use of performance-enhancing drugs, as well as other prescription drugs which can be abused, if taken for other than a legitimate medical purpose pursuant to a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician. For purposes of WWE's policy, prescriptions obtained over the Internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the Internet are not considered to have been given for a legitimate medical purpose.' Citing privacy issues, Davis declined to say whether WWE wrestlers have tested positive for banned substances since the policy was implemented."

Randy Orton, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Gregory Helms, Kurt Angle and the late Eddie Guerrero

should have included Batista and Lashley in there. their HGH guts tell it all

anyway:

BROCK LESNAR UPDATE

--K-1, ProElite and Showtime have a press conference on Tuesday morning to announce their combined show at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum featuring Brock Lesnar's MMA debut against Choi Hong-man. At the press conference at 10:30 a.m. will be Choi, Lesnar, Royce Gracie, Johnnie Morton (former USC football star), Sadaharu Tanikawa (CEO of K-1), Doug DeLuca (CEO of ProElite) and Ken Hershman (Senior VP of Showtime)

EDGE ON STEROID USE

from lords of pain

Top WWE Superstar Edge has responded to the Sports Illustrated story linking him to the nationwide steroid investigation. Edge wrote the following on his MySpace.com website:

Dear Blogees (did I just create a word?)

If you are reading this blog and it sees the light of day, than that means that an article has been written by a Sports Illustrated writer that states I received HGH from a pharmacy in 2003. So, I'll cut right to the chase like I always do. It's true. However, it's not exactly breaking, earth shattering news. It's actually old news. I admitted to this on national television in Canada in 2004 on Off The Record. When host Michael Lansberg asked me if I'd ever taken steroids, without consulting me before the show, I was perturbed, but answered without hesitation, "Yes, I have."

In hindsight, I'm glad he asked the question. It got it out in the open and anyone who follows my career or supports me already knows this information about me. I won't try to defend my actions. I took them when coming back from my spinal fusion neck surgery when I was told by doctors that it would help the bones grow back around the screws and plate that were now inserted in my neck. I'm not glorifying. I'm not condoning. Just telling you why I decided to take them. I took blood tests, consulted doctors, read up, studied them, got prescriptions, and decided to do it. That's pretty much it folks, but I wanted you to get my response straight from me and not through the words of another write. Now as I'm sure most you can tell, I don't take steroids and haven't in a very long time, long before the WWE drug testing wellness policy was implemented. Hell, I barely see the inside of a gym anymore, let alone take performance enhancing substances!

So, in closing, to the columnist (not the Sports Illustrated columnist, but actually another one) who said a "roided up thing called Edge" was at the NHL ALL Star Game a few weeks ago, in 2003, this may have been true. Now, not in the least, as my random urine tests, which have always been negative will attest. I guess I'll take the fact that he thought I was as somewhat of a compliment. To the fact that I've been lucky enough to have been gifted with a 6 foot 5, 240lb body naturally. And finally made it to the top of my industry last year on my own, clean as a whistle. To those, like that columnist and any other naysayers that will hold my past against me? I've made mistakes. Will do so again in the future I'm sure. But I won't hide from them. If you're reading this, you know that's not my style.

Until next time, from everybody's favorite, clean urine,

Edgemiester!

FLAIR/CARLITO STORYLINE NEWS

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There will be no Ric Flair vs. Carlito match at WrestleMania.

When they had the idea of putting the two together, it was for an eventual split and feud, but they wanted a longer playing storyline so the idea was that the split would come after Mania. However, after Flair cut a great promo on Carlito to start the storyline, there was a movement to speed up the angle for Mania. Flair was told by one of the writers that the match for Mania was on. Then two weeks ago, he was told that the match was officially off.

Flair & Carlito will probably still involved at WrestleMania, but in a scheduled Tag Team Battle Royal for wrestlers not booked on the card. No word yet if this match will be taking place during the PPV or as a "dark match" to be shown on the WrestleMania DVD. It will likely be the latter scenerio.

Flair is said to be extremely disappointed by the news, especially considering that he was planning on making this WrestleMania as the next to last Mania of his career, at least as he stands mentally now.