WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

WWE News: Hulk Hogan gets injury diagnosis; Already to miss one appearance

Submitted by Brian Cantor on Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 7:17 PM EST

Hulk Hogan confirmed he will miss Monday's RAW after learning he has a partially torn meniscus, WWE.com reports.

The WWE Hall Of Famer will not undergo surgery for the injury and took a cortisone shot to alleviate the pain.

He has yet to commit to working his scheduled Summerslam match with Randy Orton.

“I’ve prided myself over the last 25 years of not getting injured and disappearing,” said the WWE Hall of Famer. “Normally I can work through any injury, but the problem is that this is my good knee, which means I can’t rely on my surgically repaired knee to shoulder the rest of the burden.”

RAW

Rob Van Dam sustains injury in first match back

Submitted by Stu Starrs on Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 12:32 PM EST

Wrestling in his first match since his 30-day suspension, Rob Van Dam sustained a minor neck injury, after being dropped on his neck by Kurt Angle yesterday in Poplar Bluff, Missouri.

Despite the injury, Van Dam worked and finished the match.

Luckily, he was said to be OK after being attended to after the match, but could be kept of this Tuesday's ECW show as precaution.

ECW

Another high profile WWE Diva expected to leave

Submitted by Stu Starrs on Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 1:03 PM EST

Stacy Keibler has already left World Wrestling Entertainment, with strong rumors that Trish Stratus will be joining her through the exit door this fall.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, another Diva who is also likely to be parting ways with the company is Amy "Lita" Dumas.

Her contract is set to expire in a couple of months, and there are no negotations at this point about renewing. It is widely expected that Dumas will end her long tenure with WWE after her contract expires, and pursue a career in acting.

Lita was first seen on WWE television appearing as Essa Rios' valet.

WWE

Update On Shawn Michaels Return; DX Reunion News

Last week on RAW, Shawn Michaels's was at the end of an attack by Spirit Squad to set up an angle that will leave Michael's out of WWE television until the June 25 Vengeance pay-per-view. Sean underwent an MRI on Tuesday in San Antonio to determine the severity of a knee injury which has been bothering him for a while now. Surgery would be for a minor clean up of loose cartilage in the knee and it would only require an arthroscopic operation. Recovery from knee arthroscopy is generally much faster than recovery from traditional open knee surgery.

The injury angle is not expected to affect the DX Reunion between HBK and Triple H, reports The Pro Wrestling Torch. The angle could play out as soon as Monday night on RAW, or even as late as the actual pay-per-view in 4 weeks time.

The DX reunion angle isn't expected to last long, and has been considered short term lasting through the summer. No additional wrestlers are expected to be part of the angle.

LINK

with this article, could it be possible na Triple H will double-cross HBK on Summer Slam. yung tipong bigla nyang bibirahin si HBK from behind, giving the victory to the McMahons then Pedigree nya to end the DX run... parang after summer slam kasi, pag nanalo sila, parang wala na silang makakalaban unlike before na anjan yung Hart Foundation and Nation of Domination ni The Rock.... kung short term lang talaga yung DX run, possible na it will end on summerslam, Triple H will go back as a Heel and HBK might retire na or have another storyline with Triple H... otherwise, baka isang PPV pa ulit before nila end yung DX, depende siguro kung patok pa sa tao...

WWE.com Breaking News: 8/8/06

August 8, 2006

Just moments ago, the WWE.com staff received a press release in the form of an urgent e-mail from SmackDown General Manager Theodore R. Long. The document reads as follows:

For Immediate Release:

"I am pleased to announce that at SummerSlam, World Heavyweight Champion King Booker will defend his Championship against SmackDown’s Animal, Batista.”

SUMMERSLAM

August 8, 2006

Just moments ago, the WWE.com staff received a press release in the form of an urgent e-mail from SmackDown General Manager Theodore R. Long. The document reads as follows:

For Immediate Release:

"I am pleased to announce that at SummerSlam, World Heavyweight Champion King Booker will defend his Championship against SmackDown’s Animal, Batista.”

SUMMERSLAM

batista deserves a title shot...

but it would be better that the animal will win the world heavyweight champion here in manila on oct when smackdown visits us... :cool:

with this article, could it be possible na Triple H will double-cross HBK on Summer Slam. yung tipong bigla nyang bibirahin si HBK from behind, giving the victory to the McMahons then Pedigree nya to end the DX run... parang after summer slam kasi, pag nanalo sila, parang wala na silang makakalaban unlike before na anjan yung Hart Foundation and Nation of Domination ni The Rock.... kung short term lang talaga yung DX run, possible na it will end on summerslam, Triple H will go back as a Heel and HBK might retire na or have another storyline with Triple H... otherwise, baka isang PPV pa ulit before nila end yung DX, depende siguro kung patok pa sa tao...

i doubt that Triple H will double cross shawn...medyo mabenta pa naman ngayon DX...and i think ang plano talga kay Triple H is maging face ng raw...so i think the double cross part is highly doubtful...pero very much possible...

siguro di nalang talaga sila magdadag ng members...unlike before...

batista deserves a title shot...

but it would be better that the animal will win the world heavyweight champion here in manila on oct when smackdown visits us... :cool:

most unlikely padre, titles don't change hands when raw or smackdown are on tour, normaly titles change during the big events like wrestlemania, summer slam, king of the ring, etc.

Edited by mild seven
most unlikely padre, titles don't change hands when raw or smackdown are on tour, normaly titles change during the big events like wrestlemania, summer slam, king of the ring, etc.

he may be the world champ when he arrives here...

or maybe not.... mukhang ok na heel ngayon si bukah t

Edited by consiglieri

August 8, 2006

For Immediate Release:

SUMMERSLAM

batista deserve that title shot and i would love to see that match...

kasama ba si batista sa smackdown tour dito sa manila this Oct. ?

Hulk Hogan confirmed for WWE Summerslam

Submitted by Brian Cantor on Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 3:31 PM EST

Will Hulk Hogan appear at WWE Summerslam to wrestle Randy Orton?

"F*** yeah," he told WWE.com.

The Hulkster, who received an injury scare in the way of a partially-torn meniscus in his good knee, confirmed that he will take part in his scheduled match at Summerslam. He will also be live on Monday's RAW.

“I’m going to show up in Boston, which has always been a hotbed of Hulkamania, brother. [At SummerSlam], I’m going to walk to the ring with my red and yellow, stand in that ring, and I’m going to kick Randy Orton’s ass," said Hogan.

HOGAN

Study links pro wrestling to teen violence; WWE responds

Submitted by Brian Cantor on Monday, August 7, 2006 at 12:47 PM EST

A study compiled by the Wake Forest University School Of Medicine cites a link between watching wrestling and violent teen behavior.

According to the Winston-Salem Journal, the findings, which appear in Pediatrics, suggested that North Carolina high school students who watch pro wrestling are more likely to fight with dating partners and exhibit other violent tendencies. Wrestling viewership can also be linked to alcohol and drug use.

"This study shows that the incidence of fighting with dating partners and other violence increases when the exposure to violence increases," Robert DuRant, a professor at Brenner Children's Hospital, said. "Wrestling doesn't in itself cause violence, but when combined with overall socialization, violence on television can affect what is perceived as socially acceptable behavior."

WWE, the number one pro wrestling company, disputes the findings.

"From a real-life perspective, we know the brand can have a lot of positive impacts on society," WWE's Gary Davis told the paper. "There are lot of good studies out there, but unfortunately, I think this study has a lot of flaws."

WWE also issued a brief press statement condemning the findings:

"We find the study flawed and ridiculous and we are contemplating legal action."

WWE