WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Brock Lesnar confirms MMA plans, To train with Royce Gracie

Submitted by Brian Cantor on Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 2:14 PM EST

Brock Lesnar announced plans to debut for K-1 HERO's at last night's event in Las Vegas.

The former WWE Champion is tentatively scheduled to debut for the promotion in February 2007, which will give the NCAA Champion wrestler the chance to learn striking and submissions.

Helping in the submission department will be Royce Gracie, who announced his plans to train Lesnar at last night's show.

"K-1 asked me to train Brock, to build my own champion." Royce said, according to MMAWeekly. "He's a professional athlete and wrestler so I will teach him some finishing holds. I have never worked with anyone this size, since I don't have his physique I'll show him what I know, as long as he promises not to come back and fight me and my family later!"

Lesnar said he is honored to be working with Gracie.

BROCK

Forced entry?

By Zack Zeigler

August 14, 2006

According to WWE.com sources, John Cena has left the John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia to deal with a family emergency at his father’s home in West Newbury, Mass.

Attempts by WWE.com to reach Cena for further information have failed thus far. According to a source close to Cena, there was an incident involving his parents' home that occurred earlier today. While details are extremely limited at this point, it appears that Edge and Lita did enter the home. It is currently unclear if they were invited in, forced their way in or whether or not the authorities were notified.

WWE.com has confirmed that Edge and Lita have arrived at RAW at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Va., but would not comment on the incident. We will keep you updated as details become available.

RAW

eto yung mga matches sa summerslam so far:

WWE Champion Edge vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Champion King Booker vs. Batista

D-Generation X vs. The McMahons

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair ("I Quit" Match)

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

*yung last man standing match ni undertaker pati khali na dapat sa summerslam ay napaaga. instead, this friday sa smackdown! gaganapin

Forced entry?

By Zack Zeigler

August 14, 2006

According to WWE.com sources, John Cena has left the John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia to deal with a family emergency at his father’s home in West Newbury, Mass.

Attempts by WWE.com to reach Cena for further information have failed thus far. According to a source close to Cena, there was an incident involving his parents' home that occurred earlier today. While details are extremely limited at this point, it appears that Edge and Lita did enter the home. It is currently unclear if they were invited in, forced their way in or whether or not the authorities were notified.

WWE.com has confirmed that Edge and Lita have arrived at RAW at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Va., but would not comment on the incident. We will keep you updated as details become available.

RAW

kaya pala inatack ni john cena si edge nung laban nila ni carlito....

BIG SHOW PISSED OFF

ayon sa isang fan:

After the match it got interesting though. Immediately after the match, Big Show started yelling to some fans that if they thought they could do better to come get into the ring. I thought he was just playing the heel, until he jumped out of the ring, came up against the barricade and was SCREAMING at some guys behind us to come up to him if they were so tough. He tried to reach out and grab them but they were too far away. He looked legitamately pissed off. Then he went down a little bit to another fan who was giving him hell, and blew a HUGE snotrocket all over the guy. The fan became infuriated and spit on the Big Show. Security immediately came over and removed the fan, but who can blame him for what he did? It was the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen. I know these guys get it good from fans sometimes but his actions were totally uncalled for, and he should be disciplined in some way.

Edited by psyc0dud3

SMACKDOWN! WILL NOT AIR FOR THREE WEEKS!

source: WWE.com

The final edition of "Friday Night SmackDown!" on UPN will air on Friday, August 25th. Although, Smackdown won't officially debut on the new CW Network until Friday, Sept. 22, so that could mean a three week hiatus of the program for people in certain locations. SmackDown will continue to air in the meantime, however, it will only be available in five selected markets, not to mention a national cable station.

During this three week hiatus, the show will continue to air on New York/WPIX, Los Angeles/KTLA, Washington D.C./WDCW, Houston/KCHW, Hartford, Conn./WTXX - usually on Saturday nights. If you don't live in any of those areas, you can catch "Friday Night SmackDown!" on Superstation WGN on national cable on Saturday nights at 11:30 p.m. This situation will last from September 2nd to September 16th. Also note, the September 2nd show will only be one hour for some unknown reason. That goes for all stations airing SmackDown that night.

RAW Superstar charged with assault, battery, and vandalism

Submitted by Jason Stone on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 12:08 PM EST

Last night NBC affiliate WVIR in Virginia broke the news that WWE Superstar Ken Doane, better known as Kenny of the Spirit Squad, was issued warrants for assault, battery, and vandalism. These come after an incident that took place at a recent house show in Roanoke, Virginia.

Several news outlets picked up the story of the incident when it happened. Apparently a fan claimed he saw Kenny and Mickie James after the house show, sitting at a red light in their car. The fan, 24 year-old Jason Wilson, then approached them for autographs when Kenny allegedly held on to his sign and drove off, causing Wilson to fall down and strain his shoulder. The fan told a local news station "And it's not my fault he did what he did. I'm innocent and I'm going to take a warrant out. And nobody's going to stop me over my dead body!"

A WWE representative claims the company offered him autographed photos, but Wilson asked for money.

Ken Doane is scheduled for court on Roanoke on August 31, 2006.

RAW

BIG SHOW PISSED OFF

ayon sa isang fan:

After the match it got interesting though. Immediately after the match, Big Show started yelling to some fans that if they thought they could do better to come get into the ring. I thought he was just playing the heel, until he jumped out of the ring, came up against the barricade and was SCREAMING at some guys behind us to come up to him if they were so tough. He tried to reach out and grab them but they were too far away. He looked legitamately pissed off. Then he went down a little bit to another fan who was giving him hell, and blew a HUGE snotrocket all over the guy. The fan became infuriated and spit on the Big Show. Security immediately came over and removed the fan, but who can blame him for what he did? It was the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen. I know these guys get it good from fans sometimes but his actions were totally uncalled for, and he should be disciplined in some way.

In my opinion, Big Show shouldn't be penalized for his actions. Those ECW fans are really effin' rude. Show's just doin his job.

WHY KHALI VS. UNDERTAKER MATCH WAS MOVED TO SMACKDOWN! INSTEAD OF SUMMERSLAM

WWE recently announced that The Undertaker will be taking on The Great Khali at next Tuesday’s SmackDown! tapings in Washington, DC rather than this year’s SummerSlam pay-per view.

This decision was made due to a string of recent House Show matches between the two. It was then deemed that Khali can’t appear on anything that airs live on television for WWE. WWE also within the past few weeks has had to edit anything that involved The Great Khali.

There remains no word on his future with WWE after the SmackDown! taping next week, but one can assume that if he is not at a point yet where he can perform, he might be sent back to developmental or let go all together.

SMACKDOWN! TAPING RESULTS FOR AUG. 18, 2006

Dark Match:

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Gregory Helms defeated Jimmy Yang. Yang was back to doing his cowboy gimmick.

Smackdown:

*Batista pinned Sylvan in under a minute.

*Sylvester Turkay defeated Scotty Too Hotty.

*WWE United States champion Finlay vs. Bobby Lashley was announced for later tonight.

*Kristal was interviewing WWE Tag Team champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick when they were attacked by KC James and Idol Stevens.

*Ken Kennedy pinned Tatanka after pulling the tights.

*Backstage, Vicki Guerrero asks Teddy Long to call off the Summerslam match between Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero. Long turns down the request.

*The Undertaker defeated The Great Khali in a Last Man Standing Match.

*Vito defeated Scott ? (possibly billed as Scott Fuller).

*Bobby Lashley defeated WWE United States champion Finlay via DQ when William Regal interfered.

*WWE World champion King Booker came out, cutting a promo about his Summerslam title defense against Batista. Batista comes out and Booker commands him to kiss Booker's royal foot. Batista steps on his foot, then sits in Booker's royal throne to end Smackdown.

Former Miami Heat dancer Layla El was crowned the winner of the 2006 WWE Diva Search in an hourlong special Wednesday night.

Michigan's Jen England came in second place, while Arizona native J.T. Tinney ranked third.

Layla won a $250,000 contract with WWE by receiving the largest combination of text and online votes.

When it came to the on-air competitions (neither affected the outcome of the Search), Layla and Jen split victories. The former won a lingerie competition, while the latter was successful in arm wrestling.

Todd Grisham and Ashley Massaro hosted the special.