WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

cool Eddie Guerrero stories

-------------

RIP...

Back before Wrestlemania 20 Eddie was scheduled to be on my radio show. The interview was scheduled for 12 Noon.

After about 30 minutes and no call I figured I had been blown off, not the first time by a celebrity.

At about 1pm my hotline went off and it was Eddie. With all the WM press he was almost an hour behind. He apologized profusely and then did me the honor of the interview.

It was one of the most fun times I had talking to anyone. He had some shoot comments he wasn't afraid to share, but you could tell he still genuinely loved the business. He even shared details of some of the darker times in his life.

A great guy who was so happy that he and Benoit were co-headlining WM together. They both won BTW...

A class act that I'm sure will sorely be missed...

:(

---------------------

man, that's sad. a quick eddie story...

the wcw was down here in san antonio back in the nwo days and my brother went to check them out after the show at the hotel bar. the bar was reserved only for the wrestlers, so my brother had no chance of getting in. eddie walks by and starts bullshitting with my bro. he asks my bro if he wants to go in and have a beer with the guys.

they walk up to the door and the doorman wouldn't let them in, because he didn't believe eddie was a wrestler. diamond dallas page walks by and asks them why they aren't in. eddie explains the situation and ddp talks to the doorman. right afterwards, the doorman kisses major ass and apologizes. eddie introduced my brother to all the wrestlers there and even offered to have a beer with him. my gay ass bro declined, cause he "didn't drink". anyways, he managed to take pictures with everyone there, including the nitro girls.

rip eddie, you'll be missed.

------------

I cannot express the sorrow i feel and felt when i recieved the call about this at work this morning.

I've met Eddie a few times and he was a great human and a funny one at that. Always a clown and a presence and he f**king LOVED his family. He worked his ass off not to lose himself or to lose them, and it kills me to know he had to go so early...

Anyhow, when i was a little kid i used to watch wrestling religiously and when WCW started to turn people's head with the Lucha style, one man had been paving the way for the style in America. That man was Eddie Guerrero.

I remember jumping out of my seat every time he would hit his frogsplash or a flying head scissors! He had something special even back when he was a "mid carder" that deserved to be in the main event.

Eddie just had that thing that makes a person a star in the business. He didn't have to try, he just had it. and to lose it at such a young age, while still in his prime is just a f**king tragedy.

So i sit here, with a few tears forming and say i will miss the matches i never will get to see, and all the laughter i will no longer get on a weekly basis from a great man and a true legend in the business he was so incredible at, so all there is left to do is say thank you to Eddie Guerrero.

I'll never get to see him or shake his hand again, but i will never forget the laughter and excitement he brought to my life,a nd the influence he has had on me.

Thank you Eddie...You will always be remembered and missed...

RIP

On a side note, i use the Frog Splash quite often as a finish in my matches and the next one is for you Eddie!!!

suwerte ako at nabigyan ako ng pagkakataon na mapanood ng live si eddie guerrero noong buhay pa siya. masasabi mo talaga na total in-ring performer siya at kahit "bad guy" siya mahal talaga siya ng mga wwe fans. viva la rasa!

tasteless joke: condolence kay dominic mysterio sa pagpanaw ng biological father niya.

speaking of losses in wwe, eto excerpt sa report ng latest tna pay per view, "genesis"....

" We see a countdown on the TNA video screen and the name "CHRISTIAN CAGE" hits. Cage (wearing his former WWE attire) makes his way down the ramp and the crowd in Orlando cheers loudly. Cage gets on the mic and said the question he heard the most this week was if he was really going to TNA. He said if they were true, then why? A "Christian Cage" chant starts up. Cage said he didn't come here to hear a guy talk for 20 minutes in the ring, or see a grown man pull things out of another's ass. Cage said the rumors about him being offered a low-ball deal from WWE wasn't true as he was given a hefty sum to stay where he was at. He said he wasn't fired and that he came to TNA because he loves wrestling. Cage said he is known to crack a joke or two, say something sarcastic or pull a rib. He said he is tired of egos and politics. Cage said he wants to see wrestling reinvented and guys busting their asses. He said last night he was watching iMPACT! on Spike TV and it reminded him of when he broke into the wrestling scene a few years ago. There was one company that was old and one that was innovative. Cage said fast forward eight years, one is boring and old and the other one is T-N-A."

WE WILL MISS YOU EDDIE

On November 13, 2005, Guerrero died in his hotel room in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at the Marriott City Center Hotel. An autopsy is currently being performed to determine the cause of death.

WWE.com later released the following announcement:

"WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3."

On the day of his death, he was set to face Batista and Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship on November 13 taping of Friday Night SmackDown! to air on November 18. It was highly speculated that he was to win the title that night and hence walk out World Heavyweight Champion for the 2nd time (his first major title reign was in February 2004), a rumor fueled by the fact that current champion Batista is scheduled to have surgery.

WWE held a press conference with a speech from his nephew Chavo Guerrero, Jr., who spoke of Eddie's four years of sobriety that would have come on November 15 this year. Chavo adamantly defended his uncle, saying he had defeated his 'personal demons'.

WWE RAW on November 14, 2005, and WWE Friday Night Smackdown! on November 18, 2005, will each air as a tribute to Eddie Guerrero. None of the superstars are required to wrestle, although there have been matches booked, including one featuring Chavo Guerrero, Jr., his nephew. These shows will be similar to the RAW is Owen special edition of RAW, which paid tribute to the late Owen Hart, and the SmackDown special in Houston, Texas two days after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Eddie Guerrero's funeral will take place on Wednesday, November 16 in Phoenix, Arizona. "Superstar" Billy Graham will be performing the service.

REMEMBERING EDDIE'S QUOTES

# "Hey, holmes."

# "She can't handle my... Latino Heat."

# "Viva la raza!"

# "I lie, I cheat, I steal!"

# "One Mamacita is good but more is better."

# "I'm your papi!"

# "Orale, esse vato loco"

# "I love Casa Bonita, hombre