WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Extensive Batista Interview (swiped from another site)

medyo mahaba, but it's a good read...

-------------------------

Courtesy of The Sun (UK)

Audience with The Animal

By THE LILSBOYS

LAST time Dave Batista spoke to us, his views on the wrestling business were so controversial he was blasted by WWE boss Vince McMahon and had good friends turn their back on him.

But even that experience hasn't stopped Batista - now the company's world heavyweight champion - from speaking his mind.

In this new and exclusive webchat, The Animal gives his honest opinions on everyone from JBL and Brock Lesnar to Muhammed Hassan and Bobby Lashley.

Batista also answers your questions on winning the WWE title from Triple H at WrestleMania 21, the new Ultimate Warrior DVD, Ultimate Fighting and much more.

And you can catch The Animal in action when the WWE hit Europe in November. They will be visiting cities including Manchester, Birmingham, Coventry, Sheffield, Hamburg and Helsinki. For ticket info click here.

When we interviewed you before WrestleMania you said Smackdown made you "sick" and that some of the stars were "not there to work" - did you get much heat for those comments? The LilsBoys

Oh yes - tons of heat!

I got lectured by Vince McMahon, The Undertaker and all the way down. I had good friends who just turned on me. Well, I thought they were good friends. Some of them are not with the company now.

But I spoke from my heart then and I still feel that today.

Maybe I chose the wrong forum to voice that opinion but I was speaking from the heart.

When we were having that discussion we were talking about the competition between Raw and Smackdown.

I didn't mention anybody on Raw, but there were guys on Raw I had the same sentiment about - who were absolutely lazy, had no passion and I thought should not be there.

The same goes now. I'm putting my foot in my mouth again but I still think there are guys on both shows who are lazy, couldn't care less and show no dedication. But we're slowly weeding those guys out.

I want everybody in this company to work as hard as me, Triple H and The Undertaker do. I want them to sack the guys who lack the passion for this business and this company - I don't want them to be part of my show.

Some of the guys who I think should be on their way out the door are still being given opportunities to shine, and it's up to them to take the bull by the horns and show that they really want to be out there.

Then there are some guys, like Christian, who are dying for that chance and aren't being given that opportunity.

I'm a huge fan of Christian - I enjoy every aspect of his work, the fans love and appreciate him, he has a great attitude, awesome work ethic, is always in shape and is very smart about the business. I feel very strongly that he's underutilised.

How far in advance of your switch to Smackdown did you find out you were going? Did you have a say in the move? Karl Carthy

I had no say about changing shows. I wasn't told but I found out about three weeks before.

When John Cena came to Raw I said to Vince: "I guess this means I'm going to Smackdown." And he replied: "Yes you are."

The only other thing I said about it was to ask him when.

I knew he was putting me into a leadership role and I was nervous about it, but also really excited.

Do you see being on Smackdown as a demotion of sorts, as Raw is clearly the bigger show right now with bigger stars and better creative. Karl Carthy, Laois, Ireland

Looking at the two shows compared to last season I wouldn't say Raw have a stronger talent base.

On Smackdown we have Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and The Undertaker. That's a very strong line-up.

I get a sense that we're starting over and building the brand - telling new stories and starting new feuds.

Right now we're in the transition phase and once we get our feet under us - especially now we're on Friday nights - it's going to be a whole new Smackdown.

How special was it to win your first world championship from Triple H at WrestleMania 21? Brian Westcott, Meridian, Idaho, USA

It still feels like a dream. I've always wanted it so badly, and fought my ass off to get it, but it's something I never thought would happen.

In the week leading up to WrestleMania I couldn't sleep at all, I was running on pure adrenalin.

In the three and a half hours before my match I was trying to stay as calm as possible and spend time with my family.

I know it sounds strange but I tried my best not to think about the match, because every time I did I started shaking and getting nauseous.

I watched a little bit of WrestleMania on the night, but I couldn't sit still long enough to see an entire match.

It is absolutely the most terrifying thing I've ever done in my life.

Which of your three matches with Triple H did you like the most and why? Joe Eye Joe, Hackney, London

Definitely the Hell In A Cell match at Vengeance.

Just watching that match as a fan - and I do still enjoy wrestling as a fan - the drama was wonderful.

For the finish I picked Triple H up for the Batista Bomb and he had a sledgehammer in his hand - so right up until the very last second of that match the fans didn't know who was going to win.

That's why I love it so much.

Hi Batista. Did anyone, especially Triple H, question you beating him all three times? Phil

No, there was no politics at all.

When Triple H picked Randy Orton and I for Evolution he was choosing who he wanted to be the next leaders of the company.

I owe everything to Triple H - I can't say enough about what he's done for his career.

Before he took me under his wing I had no direction or sense of who I was.

I was just a musclehead goofball carrying a box around and couldn't let what little personality I have shine through.

Then I joined Evolution and was trying to find myself as a performer, when Triple H actually said to me: "I see a bit of Clint Eastwood about you, so I suggest that's what you do on screen."

So I'm just playing myself now - I go out there and have fun!

I remember the moment, after I joined Evolution, when everything changed.

Vince told me: "I want you to got out there and be this insatiable camera hog." So I modelled and posed and hogged the camera as much as I could.

When I came back Vince was so fired up and was screaming: "That's money, that's money, I smell money."

I don't remember the show or what city we were in, but I'll never forget Vince screaming at me.

Hi Batista. I have to be honest - I didn't like your programme with JBL half as much as your feud with Triple H? What was it like working with JBL? Richard, London

It was very difficult and I was a little disappointed with our matches.

JBL and I have absolutely zero chemistry.

Enough said about that.

Are you looking forward to the Triple H v Ric Flair programme? Could Evolution ever reform now all four of you have gone your separate ways? Lorrie McDonald

Absolutely - it's going to be good! Triple H and Ric have awesome chemistry and, as a fan, this is a dream match.

I was there for the Homecoming show and the mood in the building when Triple H attacked Ric was very emotional, you could feel the tension in the building.

As for Evolution getting back together - never say never.

Now's not the time but what we had in Evolution was incredible and it was an amazing thing for all our careers.

One thing we're all serious about is that we don't want to recreate it or add other people in.

Evolution is Evolution and if something was to happen in the future then it would have to be all four of us.

How often do you now speak to Triple H? Is it hard not having him on Smackdown with you? Kevin, Tottenham

It's not hard, but I am still getting used to Triple H not being there.

I still look to him for advice, he's got a mind for this business like nobody else. We speak at least once a week.

Triple H won't be critical unless I ask him, because he and the company made this decision for me to be my own man and carry this company on my shoulders. But I do ask a lot!

How well did the WWE's feeder federation OVW prepare you for the big time? Kev

I really wasn't prepared well for the WWE in OVW and when I came up there were a few times where my job was in jeopardy - and I think that's not fair.

There are still people brought up without the right preparation. Look at Bobby Lashley - I don't even think he's close to ready.

Bobby Lashley, if held back for a while, could have been another Brock Lesnar. He's got the amateur accolades and he's an incredible athlete.

Then there's guys who get brought up and given bad gimmicks. Take Mordecai, I don't think there's anybody in our company who could have pulled off that character. It was a bad choice.

But with Muhammed Hassan, a different person would have made that character work.

He was helped a lot with his promos and in the ring I don't think he held his own at all.

Daivari, on the other hand, was perfect - if only we could have taken Daivari's mind and stuck it in Muhammed Hassan's body.

I liked Mark Copani as a person, but he's one of the people whose heart just wasn't in it. He said he could live "with or without" wrestling and that is hard to listen to for guys like me who live and breathe for this business.

Hello Batista. What do you think of UFC - both the show itself and its fighters? Would you ever have a match there? Rey, El Cajon, California

I'm a big fan of UFC and some of my good friends are UFC fighters. Tim Sylvia is a very close friend of mine.

Competitively I think UFC is going to have a following, but it will never have the following professional wrestling has - for the simple fact that in the WWE we control the excitement and entertainment.

With real fighters it's exciting to a certain point but we can turn up the volume when we have to and they can't.

UFC is not something I'd consider - there's not nearly enough money in it for me to go and get my face pounded in by guys who've trained all their lives as UFC fighters.

Do you ever watch any NWA:TNA? Do you think competition would be good for the WWE? Are there any TNA wrestlers that have impressed you? Vikram Sangar

I've actually not ever watched any of their shows. I saw a press conference that they did, which I wasn't very impressed with.

I've also seen clips of their car wreck matches with AJ Styles doing his stunts. That's not wrestling. Wrestling is storytelling.

But at the same time, I have friends in TNA and I wish them the best. Those type of matches definitely have their place, it's just not my thing.

I also welcome the competition, which I think can only be good for the wrestling business.

What do you think of the new Ultimate Warrior DVD, which buries a wrestling legend many fans still love today? Shaun Johnson, Nottingham

I have not seen the DVD and don't know much about it.

I have never met The Ultimate Warrior - or guys like Bret Hart and Randy Savage - and would never judge anybody before I meet them.

I haven't heard anybody say good things about Warrior, but the one thing you can never take away is that he was exciting.

He's like Goldberg. He was someone who was not the most technical wrestler, didn't have the best moves or psychology - but at the same time you just had to respect his intensity and people loved him because of that. That simple element can draw people in.

I did like The Ultimate Warrior, but I was always more a fan of The Warlord and Ricky The Dragon Steamboat.

My rope shake is a total Warrior rip off - I've never denied it!

Would you like to see a Raw v Smackdown feud or should the shows be kept completely separate? Thomas, Leeds

I would love to see Raw v Smackdown and more cross-promotional matches, especially on big PPVs.

I would love the opportunity to work with Kurt Angle and John Cena and for selfish reasons I'd love to be undisputed WWE world champion.

An undisputed championship match is something that could happen one day in the future, but not until much further down the line.

Who would be your dream opponent for WrestleMania 22 in Chicago? Jim, Ipswich

Brock Lesnar, without a doubt. It's a dream match for a lot of people, including myself.

We could have the bout that Goldberg v Lesnar should have been. People expected so much from that, but neither one of them had their hearts in it. I think if Brock did return my heart would be in it, as would his - we've always had a healthy competition between us.

I have sent the message out to Brock as much as I can, I really hope he comes back.

He said he's done a lot of growing up and mentally I believe he's ready to return. So much weight was put on his shoulders at the time so fast, and he was just a kid then, that he couldn't cope with it.

I remember having a drink with Undertaker before I won the title. I told him I was enjoying myself and he said: "Enjoy it while it lasts, because when you win that title you'll be working your ass off."

Being world champion is physically so demanding, ask anybody who has held the belt. You're constantly travelling and working and there is also the mental pressure, as you're stressing over business aspects that you've never had to worry about before.

If I'd had that much pressure put on me at Brock's age I wouldn't have lasted.

I don't know what the problem is between him and the WWE right now, but there would be nothing but good things in store for Brock if he returned.

Everybody in the company would be happy to see him, as he would bring up attendances and we'd all make more money.

I don't personally bear him any animosity over how he left, although he definitely could have handled it more smoothly, and he'd be welcomed back into the locker room with open arms.

Although the fans might not be too nice to him!

Hi Larry :)

that was one good post!

i enjoyed reading Batista's interview. I knew it. That guy had some serious brain cells at work. It's good that he refusus to let ego get in the way and how he's very vocal about his gratitude to HHH and those who have inspired him to strive harder is especially admirable.

I think I'm liking Batista more now. :)

Thanks for that Batista interview post... I'm not a super hardcore WWE fan... I'd say I'm like middle of the road. But I don't watch TNA cuz their style is really not my type, not that impressive...

Reading this interview gives me a whole new perspective on the guy as a whole and I think it's made me appreciate him and the business more. I guess it should show even if they're just "acting", it's still a career and profession and you need dedication and a proper work ethic. It's like what one of my all-time faves always says...you gotta be busting your chops every week...giving the fans the best show...leaving yourself out on that ring every single time...that's my man HBK...

B)

Bukas na siguro akong makakapag post ng bagong chismaks, peeps. Sorry for the delay. Bangag ako ngayon

Astig yung Homecoming episode ng Raw, pero bwiset talaga yung mga ibang scenes doon. Sama ng choreography ng Bra & Panties match, & the crowd was kinda bored with it. React lang sila kapag may nahubaran tapos patay na ulit

Yung stunner kay Linda McMahon, di naman tumama e! Iniwasan nga nya e :thumbsdownsmiley:

Astig yung Iron Man Match & yung Ladder match

Tamago's Wrestling Chismaks! :cool:

HHH is said to be a fan of Ken Kennedy. This would work well for Kennedy in terms of him being given a push.

WWE is teaching Dusty Rhodes how to work with computers as part of his position in the writing team.

WWE offered UFC commentator Mike Goldberg a double-cross deal, wherein he would leave the UFC without any warning and show up at a Raw show.

Vince McMahon knew that Goldberg's contract with UFC was about to expire, so he offered the double-cross deal. In this deal, Goldberg would leave the UFC without any warning prior to UFC's move to Spike TV. By October, they wouldn't have a color commentator and would find out that he moved to the WWE.

Unfortunately, Goldberg didn't like the way McMahon was thinking, so he decided to re-sign with UFC. Plus, he also felt that if he became a color commentator for pro wrestling, he wouldn't be able to achieve his dream of being a NFL commentator since "sports entertainment" isn't taken seriously.

In a related story, McMahon is reportedly pissed at Jim Ross over a lot of things, including his decision to move back to Oklahoma from Connecticut (where WWE Headquarters is located). The rift between the 2 "manifested" itself when JR ws "fired" from the announce team of Raw.

Linda McMahon spent several hours rehearsing with Stone Cold Steve Austin the Stunner that was suppose to recieve at the Homecoming episode of Raw. But when showtime came, she got nervous & botched the skit.

Former Nitro Girl and DDP's ex-wife Kimberly will have a cameo in an upcoming episode of CSI: Miami.

12 SD! wrestlers were fined $500 each for showing up late at the SD! tapings last week. Included in the list are Batista, Randy Orton, JBL, Scotty 2 Hotty, & the Mexicools.

The rumored match between Austin & Hulk Hogan will most likely not push through because Austin's contract has a no in-ring wrestling clause in it. He can only work in WWE movies and other TV projects.

Melina blasted newbie WWE Diva Mickie James in her website. It seems the 2 really don't like each other.

Bill Goldberg has a cameo in a episode of the 2nd season of Desperate Housewives. His show "Automaniac" on the History Channel has been cancelled. He will participate in a new TV show on Spike TV wherein 10 retired & current athletes will face ordinary people in athletic challenges. Jerry Rice and Karl Malone will also be part of the program. The title of the show will be "Pros vs Joes."

Lex Luger was spotted cleaning animal cages at the Cherokee County Animal Center in Geogia earlier this year. This was probably part of his community service work stemming from charges that Luger faced. he was jailed earlier this year for failing to pay child support to his ex-wife.

Rikishi is now known as "Kishi."

Rumor has it that Tajiri will go back to Japan once his contract with the WWE expires.

TNA is interested in Raw Diva Search 2005 contestant Alexis.

Ricky Morton of the Rock N' Roll Express is in jail for failure to pay child support.

Rumor has it that Christy Hemme & Joey Mercury are a couple.

In a recent survey in the Charlotte Observer, Trish Stratus & Torrie Wilson were voted the most beautiful women in sports, ahead of Maria Sharapova & Danica Patrick.

Spike Dudley will start using his real name in wrestling promotions, which is Matt Hyson.

Former WCW & WWE wrestler Kanyon was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct & obstructing/opposing an officer. He was released after he posted a $750 bail fine.

Part of Brock Lesnar's contract includes a no-compete-in-the-US clause that will expire in 2010.

Here's the final card for Taboo Tuesday:

John Cena vs Kurt Angle vs Kane/Shawn Michaels/Big Show for the WWE Championship

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Jonathan Coachman in a Street Fight or Arm Wrestling Contest

If Austin wins, JR will be rehired

If he loses, he will be fired

Ric Flair vs HHH in a Singles/Submission/Steel Cage match for the Intercontinental Championship

Dude Love/Cactus Jack/Mankind vs Carlito

Cade & Murdoch vs losers of the WWE Championship poll

Edge & Chris Masters vs Hardcore Holly/Rey Mysterio/JBL/Matt Hardy/Christian in a Raw vs Smackdown! Tag Team match

Trish Stratus vs Ashley vs Mickie James vs Victoria vs Maria vs Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle in a Fulfill Your Fantasy Battle Royale match (Lingerie/Leather & Lace/Cheerleader) for the WWE Women's Championship

Here's the final card for TNA's Bound For Glory PPV:

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels in a 30-Minute Iron Man Match for the X-Division Championship

The Naturals vs America's Most Wanted for the TNA Tag Team Championship

Matt Bently vs Chris Sabin vs Petey Williams for the No. 1 Contendership to the X-Division Championship

Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Rhyno vs Sabu

Monty Brown vs Lance Hoyt

Samoa Joe vs Jushin "Thunder" Liger

Sonjay Dutt vs Austin Aries vs Alex Shelley vs Roderick Strong

3 Live Kru vs Team Canada

Simon Diamond, Elix Skipper & David Young vs Sonny Siaki, Apolo, & Shark Boy

Note: Jeff Jarrett was suppose to face Kevin Nash for the NWA Heavyweight Championship, but Nash was rushed to the hospital. TNA officials are now scrambling for a replacement main event.

BEHIND THE PYRO: SHAWN MICHAELS

The show stopper. The main event. The icon that can still go. Grand slam champion. Two-time Royal Rumble winner. Few men in this business can go resume-to-resume with Shawn Michaels. So they settled for legit beating the piss out of him instead. Tonight, it’s all here. The belts, the bruises, the bumps, the bullshit. Today’s piece is brought to you by the letter “B,” the number “9,” and the movie “City Slickers.” As we slam the door on 2004, Shawn Michaels loses his smile, and finds himself…BEHIND THE PYRO.

Shawn was trained by the legendary Jose Lothario, who most fans remember from his stint in WCW as the masked “Mr. JL.” Shawn’s big break came when he and Marty Jannetty joined forces as The Midnight Rockers and were pushed to the moon (well, Minneapolis) in the AWA. Shawn & Marty became famous for having great bloody brawls. Sometimes even against their opponents! Urban legends state that the lads would beat the holy hell out of each other backstage until the rest of the locker room pried them apart, cleaned them up, and sent them out to cut a promo together.

After getting stuck in the WWF’s revolving door for a bit, the boys finally made the big time in 1988. Vince took a long, hard look at The Midnight Rockers and took the risky gamble of repackaging them as “The Rockers.” WWF yes-men and yes-women alike hailed Vince as a genius. The Rockers quickly became crowd favorites for having good mullets and good matches. Fans really took to them as rock stars. At SummerSlam 90, color commentator Roddy Piper even compared them to “Mick Jagger and David Bowie” after they were squashed by Power & Glory in six minutes.

1990 as a whole was something a dubious year for The Rockers. They actually beat The Hart Foundation for the Tag Title in late 1990, but the belts were returned to the Harts and the match was scrubbed from continuity altogether when Vince decided not to fire Jim Neidhart after all. A couple months later, the lads were 50% of the first team in Survivor Series history to be completely shut out when Shawn & Marty & Jimmy Snuka & Jake Roberts lost to Rick Martel & Warlord & Hercules & Paul Roma. Suspiciously, these stats were left off of Shawn’s “superstar profile” at wwe.com.

The Rockers had the greatest tag team split ever in late-1991 when Shawn confronted Marty, clad in an Arthur Fonzerelli black leather jacket (a sure sign of an impending heel turn). The Shawnz superkicked his longtime partner and pitched him through a window. Sherri Martel caught Shawn on the rebound and became his manager, officially kicking off Shawn’s singles push in 1992. It was one of Shawn’s TV matches that finally answered a question about Lord Alfred Hayes that fans had been asking each other for years.

Gorilla Monsoon: “Give me a break! Sherri has a heart tattoo RIGHT ON HER CHEST! Do you see that, Your Lordship?

Lord Alfred Gayes: (Horrified) “I DON’T LOOK AT SUCH THINGS!!” (Nervous laughter)

As the 90s rolled on, “extreme wrestling” and hardcore bumps became all the rage. Shawn was quick to jump on the bandwagon, in front of no less than 78,000 fans. Shawn battled Rick Martel at SummerSlam 92 in a match that stipulated “no hitting in face.” As his career rolled on, “Not in the face” became Shawn’s unofficial catchphrase.

Shawn dropped Sherri and picked up his first official WWF championship when he beat Davey Boy Smith for the IC strap on the final Saturday Night’s Main Event.

Trivbit: The Shawn-Davey history is the only feud in WWWFE history that saw one guy beat another guy on three different occasions to win three different championships.

10/27/92: Shawn pinned Davey to win his first IC Title.

5/25/97: Shawn & Steve Austin beat Davey & Owen Hart to win the World Tag Title.

9/20/97: Shawn beat Davey to win the European Title.

So what happens when you become successful? Your old buddies come out of the woodwork to get in on the gravy train. Marty Jannetty returned and was supposed to win the IC strap from Shawn at the Royal Rumble 93 (and thus, lead to a switchback at WM9), but…well, Jerry Lawler put it best in a radio interview:

“One guy showed up drunk, and the other guy won the match.”

Trivbit: The first championship match in Raw history saw HBK successfully defend his IC Title against Max Moon on the debut episode of Raw (1/11/93).

Shawn’s value to the company was evident as he curtain-jerked three Wrestlemanias in a row (WM7 – WM9). His record still stands to this day. Shawn was also instrumental to those early Monday Night Raw shows, with his in-your-face attitude and state-of-the-art-workrate. New York fans thanked him by loudly chanting “Shawn in gay.”

Trivbit: The first title change in Raw history saw Marty finally beat Shawn for the IC Title on 5/17/93 when Curt Hennig interfered on MJ’s behalf. This happened on the same night that saw Sean Waltman kickstart his WWF career with one of wrestling’s best-remembered upsets over Razor Ramon. The two surprise wins established Raw’s “anything-can-happen” atmosphere, which propelled the show into becoming the consistently highest-rated weekly show in the history of cable television.

HBK regained the IC belt, and then was stripped of it a couple months later. Somewhere in there, he also had the single most disappointing match in SummerSlam history when he beat Curt Henning on a countout in 1993. Shawn eventually returned to the land of milk and honey (and drugs! Don’t forget the drugs), but by this time, lucha libre superstar Razor Ramon had claimed the IC Title for himself. This led to a ladder match at WMX. Given the task of following such classics as Earthquake vs. Adam Bomb, and Bam Bam & Luna vs. Doink & Dink, the boys had their work cut out for them. They performed adequately enough, though the true star was the ladder (now retired).

Shawn was supposed to win the WWF World Title at WM11, but he didn’t. Then he was supposed to win the King Of The Ring tournament at KOTR 95, but he didn’t. He WASN’T supposed to get the s**t beat out of him in a Syracuse nightclub, but he did.

One of wrestling’s best-remembered real streetfights saw Shawn attacked outside a Syracuse nightclub. There is an old school mentality that states that if a wrestler loses a legit fight to a non-wrestler, he has disgraced the business. Over in TNA, Kid Kash recently communicated this to Johnny Devine and Andy Douglas. The incident with the Syracuse Seamen caused Shawn’s rep*tation as a creampuff to reach such amazing levels, he actually became a spokesperson for Little Debbie Snack Cakes in Switzerland.

Shawn persevered, however, marching on to win the boring 1996 Royal Rumble, and thus, achieving his boyhood dream by making it to the World Title match at WM12 (we’ll just pretend that the previous year’s boyhood dream didn’t happen).

True story: I actually flew from Vegas to Anaheim for the Bret-Shawn Ironman match. The crowd HATED it. As the match rolled on, it was obvious that they underbooked the hell out of this beast, with no falls until the “sudden death” close-out. For a WM main event, the lack of heat was just plain unsettling until the easy pop when Shawn won the strap.

Lady Luck gave Shawn a bad case of genital warts in 1996. As the top dog of the WWF, the blame fell on his head when Raw got murdered in the ratings by Nitro when the nWo broke out huge. The stress was multiplied when Vince had the bright idea of booking Shawn and Sid to do a double-switchback over the World Title. (Kinda like Morales-Muraco, only worse. And dumber.)

Then, the unthinkable happened. Shawn lost his smile. The industry ground to a halt. An unhappy professional wrestler?? Such a thing was unheard of!

Bret vs. HBK was set for WM13, but clearly, the ring was no place for a smile-less grappler.

With Shawn out of the picture, the deck was reshuffled to Bret vs. Austin, which turned out to be a five-star classic, and the single greatest match in WM history. It was also the catalyst for wrestling’s greatest double-turn ever, which kicked off a creative high point for the company that they have yet to equal. Good job, Boy Toy.

Later in 1997, DX was born when Shawn, HHH, Chyna, and Rick Rude were put together as a faction. Rude was assigned as HBK’s storyline bodyguard, which pissed off Shawn. You see, HBK wanted HHH to guard his body instead. (This part really happened.) DX made a name for themselves by playing “Duke Boys” to Commissioner Sgt. Slaughter’s “Roscoe P. Coltraine.”

Shawn won his third WWF World Title when he made Bret Hart submit to a sharpshooter at Survivor Series 97. There is absolutely nothing more to this story.

Shawn’s career hit a speed bump when he speedily bumped off a casket at RR98. This left him as a question mark for the next month’s PPV. This left the WWF with a dilemma. Who could they turn to who could equal the charisma and main-event quality of Shawn Michaels? Why, Savio Vega of course! Kwang-No-More filled in for HBK in the main event of the first No Way Out PPV on 2/15/98. (This part actually happened, sadly.) The Wrestling Lariat was first on the scene to cover this event with the headline “Which Way Out?” Insiders say that Shawn’s association with Los Boricuas led to him finding Jesus years later.

Shawn then lost the World Title to fellow cripple Steve Austin at WM14 in a cortisone-on-a-corner match. It would be his last WWF match for four years. Still though, at least it was better than the Aluminum Man match from WM12.

You always become what you most hate. I guess that means I’ll one day turn into a big-nosed prima donna who is married to a dumb broad with big fake gazongas. Actually, that doesn’t sound so bad, but I digress. The point is that Shawn sold out to “the man” and became WWF Commissioner in late-1998. Did he usurp Sarge? Did they ever tell us? What do you think?

The most idiotic public comments of Shawn’s career came after SummerSlam 99 (which saw Mankind win a triple-threat over Steve Austin & HHH to capture the World Title). Shawn actually criticized Austin for not jobbing the gold to HHH directly. Hey, just for shits and giggles, let’s see what Shawn’s own track record looks like in the “putting the other guy over for a title” department.

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #1: Shawn lost the IC Title to Marty Jannetty on Raw when Curt Hennig interfered and cost HBK the match. Michaels regained the strap la couple weeks later (1993).

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #2: Shawn was stripped of the IC Title (1993).

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #3: Shawn & Diesel vacated the World Tag Title when they split up. Shawn threw his belt into the trash for good measure (1994).

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #4: Shawn forfeited the IC Title to Dean Douglas after getting his ass kicked in a nightclub (IYH 4, 1995).

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #5: Shawn lost the World Title to Sid (Survivor Series 96) so he could win it back two months later in front of his hometown crowd (Royal Rumble 97).

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #6: Shawn lost his smile and vacated the World Title (Thursday Raw Thursday, 2/13/97).

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #7: The World Tag Title was held up when Shawn tried to get out of his contract after Bret beat his pansy ass. Shawn & Steve Austin were champs at the time (1997).

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #8: Shawn was supposed to lose the Euro Title to Owen Hart to set up a Shawn-Owen program for the World Title. Shawn said no. So then “Plan B” was for Shawn to lose the Euro belt to HHH, so HHH could in turn lose it to Owen. So what happened was a joke of a match where HBK laid down for Frankenschnozz in 1997. (Kinda like Hogan’s finger vs. Nash’s chest a year later.) Oh, and for those of you keeping score, HHH didn’t lose the belt to Owen, either. Instead he had Goldust come out as “Hunterdust” and wrestle Owen in his place. Owen beat HD and Commissioner Slaughter ruled that it was a surrogate title defense, so the belt changed hands. HHH then won it back from Owen a week before WM14.

Shawn Michaels WWF Title Loss #9: Shawn lost the World Title to Austin clean (WM14). This was the only time Shawn ever lost a WWF title in an honest-to-God (who Shawn now supposedly worships) wrestling match, and didn’t win it back right away.

Naturally, Shawn’s comments about Austin/HHH went over like a narc in a locker room, and he was back in the company doghouse again.

Somewhere in here, Shawn found his smile, and everything was rainbows and lollipops again. It turned out that his smile was hiding vertically in the hot pants of Nitro Girl Whisper. First place he shoulda looked.

So where is he now? Well, Shawn came back, was sent home for being in “no condition to perform,” and came back yet again. He finally seems willing to do business, and has even passed the torch to that young up-and-comer Triple H.

At Taboo Tuesday (10/19/04), the show-stopping main-eventing headliner headlined the main event of the worst-grossing PPV show in WWWFE history.

Don’t worry, though, the young guy (Randy Orton) and the old guy (Ric Flair) will get the blame because their match went on last. And so the dance of Shawn Michaels continues…

So no matter what you think of Shawn Michaels, his talent and his resilience are second to none. After all, even when you beat the insides out of a creampuff, it still springs back into shape.

boss tams,

re: tna bound for glory ppv

dahil sa no-show ni nash, lumaban si jarrett at rhyno (nagkaroon ng unannounced 10-man royal rumble-type match at nanalo si rhyno), at dahil sa change in main event, maraming nasa "sports entertainment press" ang nagsasabing ito na ang ppv of the year.