Restaurant Complaints

Guest BDC0425

Lamig ng panahon, sarap punta ng Tagaytay!

We went to Tagaytay a few weeks ago.

Breakfast sa Picnic grove, tapos tambay. By lunch time, we were planning to eat at Leslie's kaya lang sobrang dami ng tao at walang parking.

Napilitan kaming mag RSM! Paghintay pa lang sa table higit 30mins.

Nung order na kami ang sabi e 30-45mins daw kung sa menu kami order, kung sa turo-turo daw e mabilis.

E di sa turo-turo kami, namputsa! Konti lang order namin umabot ng P2000 e lima lang kami.

BBQ, Bulalo, Gulay, Liempo lang order namin. Ung kanin e P35 isa, ung iced tea P85 isa!

Compute ni misis, mas mura kung sa menu ka order. Mukhang raket lang ung 30-45mins kung sa menu ka order.

Pinagtatawan na lang namin ung Amerikano sa tapat ng table namin, mahigit 20 sila.

Daming order na lechon kawali at bulalo ung "angkan" ng kasama nyang chick.

Pusta ko e higit 10K ang bill nya.... hehehe

Next time e yellowcab na lang kami.

Edited by omnipresent
  • 3 weeks later...

I ate lunch at Mamou at Serendra yesterday with 2 other people. We planned to share a steak (twin portion for around 2,800 pesos), a soft shell crab salad, some pasta, and an appetizer. We were out of luck: no soft shell crab, a couple of sides were out of stock, and there was no twin portion of steak. However, they still had single portions of steak. Since the single portion was exactly half the weight of the double, we asked the waiter if they'd give us two single portions for the price of the double, since two single portions would cost Php 3,200. They declined our request, which I felt was very reasonable since there would not be any added food cost to the restaurant and we would still end up with a larger bill. It would have been a win-win situation for both.

Though the food was good, I don't plan on coming back. Many menu items were not available and the staff was not accomodating at all.

gastoff ng avenue

my friend held a party their and the budget was 40k for like 60pax

but a flood of people came they charge the people in excess to 60 the bill amounted to 70k or so...

and the manager told us kung wala kaming pera wag daw kami mag party

i said we have agreed the food for 60pax...

and then some of the people didnt even eat so why charge us per head...

this happen last year when a-venue was new... then like a month old or so..

beware of this establishment gastoff "baby back ribs of boracay"

swindler mukhang pera ang may are.

My wife and I recently ate at Chef D'Angelo's in Southmall. She ordered the fish and chips. When the order arrived, the the fish was pathetic! The fish before was about the size of a 4x5 index card and thick. What we got that night were two pitiful-looking bite-size pieces! I hope other branches are more generous with their servings.

I ate lunch at Mamou at Serendra yesterday with 2 other people. We planned to share a steak (twin portion for around 2,800 pesos), a soft shell crab salad, some pasta, and an appetizer. We were out of luck: no soft shell crab, a couple of sides were out of stock, and there was no twin portion of steak. However, they still had single portions of steak. Since the single portion was exactly half the weight of the double, we asked the waiter if they'd give us two single portions for the price of the double, since two single portions would cost Php 3,200. They declined our request, which I felt was very reasonable since there would not be any added food cost to the restaurant and we would still end up with a larger bill. It would have been a win-win situation for both.

Though the food was good, I don't plan on coming back. Many menu items were not available and the staff was not accomodating at all.

UPDATE: I texted Mamou my above complaint (though somewhat abbreviated). Malou Flores, the owner, called me promptly. She seemed very upset that her staff was not accomodating to our simple request and she said that she would talk to them about it. I was satisfied with her call and now I do plan on returning to Mamou.

JOLIBEE Sa may UN sa gilid medical center manila tabi ng EAC mga past 7ng gabi. umorder ako ng cheesburger meal. ang tagal ng service. nagkuwekuwentuhan ang crew na mga bading.....sa wakas nakuha ko din order ko. nasa lamesa na ako bubuksan ko na cheesburger ko. napansin ko parang magaan..... iyon pala cheese lang nakalagay. .....punta ko counter hinanap manager sabi ko ang inorder ko cheesburger at hindi cheese sandwich lang........ iyon sa hiya ng bading din na manager binigay sa akin 2 cheesburger na may burger patty na....

Guest Leviticus
JOLIBEE Sa may UN sa gilid medical center manila tabi ng EAC mga past 7ng gabi. umorder ako ng cheesburger meal. ang tagal ng service. nagkuwekuwentuhan ang crew na mga bading.....sa wakas nakuha ko din order ko. nasa lamesa na ako bubuksan ko na cheesburger ko. napansin ko parang magaan..... iyon pala cheese lang nakalagay. .....punta ko counter hinanap manager sabi ko ang inorder ko cheesburger at hindi cheese sandwich lang........ iyon sa hiya ng bading din na manager binigay sa akin 2 cheesburger na may burger patty na....

dapat chickenJOY na ang binigay hindi lang cheeseburger.

-bow- :rolleyes:

I recently made a phone call to Yellow Cab Pizza (tomas morato). I ordered pizzas and some potato halves worth around 900+ pesos. I specifically informed them that I will be picking up my orders around 8:00 to 8:30 pm. (it was 6:30pm at the time). I also made a special request that the 14 inch pizza which is served 8 slices be cut into smaller pieces. The person getting my order repeated everything i said and confirmed that the pizza will be ready by 8:00pm. I said that should I be a bit late to keep it warm.

Since it was a friday evening, traffic was a little heavy along edsa. So i got there a little past 8:30pm. When I asked the person manning the counter that I am there to pick up my order. It is only then that they informed me that I have to wait another 5 to 10 minutes since they just placed the pizza and potatoes in the oven. I almost cancelled my order on the spot but since some of my angels and soju sisters were looking forward to the pizza, I half-heartedly waited for it. It was also a good thing I inspected the pizza first since my request to have it sliced into smaller slices was also not followed.

Imagine if I were to come by earlier..... then I would have to wait much longer.

• 2 weeks later...

natawa ako dito ha!!!!!

ako kanina sa teriyaki boy banawe. i ordered gyudon with no egg. it tasted really awful!!!!

TAPA KING

Remember my previous complaint about the brewed coffee i ordered wherein they gave me instant coffee instead....

Yesterday

They gave me a day old brewed coffee.. (rancid na ung lasa) ... na minacrowave lang ...

I asked the manager to give me a newly brewed cup of one.....

(I heard the manager asked her crew to brew a new one) "Gawa ka ng bago"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i had a bad experience in the "dampa style" in moa... i was with my family for a get together.. so we were busy choosing where to dine and along the way the waiters and servers are explicitly calling costumers to dine in their place.. we ended up choosing SISTER ROSE to think that there are a lot of folks dining outside...so we browsed the menu and decided to have a family meal bundle that includes different menus... so we expected it to be prepared a little longer than usual so we asked if we can have our drinks already..instead they gave us glasses with water.. i insisted that the iced tea be served..afterwhich the waiter told us that they ran out of iced tea and we have to wait..me and my family patiently waited and continued to have our chit chats as if that was just a rather bad timing for us.. the counter is a few feet from our table to from time to time im glancing the counter for any progress of our order..there then i noticed that one of the servers are already mixing a pitcher of iced tea... i watched closely on how she prepares and hope that nothing peculiar will happen.. then it happened..i saw her mixing the iced tea in the pitcher then putting some in a glass to taste...afterwhich..she then returned some portions from the glass that she tasted.. i still didnt budge and waited for it to be served..as soon as the iced tea is served in our table...i immediately spoke to the server " yan ba ipapainom nyo sa amin?" the guy said yes.. i told him that i saw how the iced tea was prepared...i wished to call the attention of the manager wherein i insisted that we rather have sodas with no additional charge....after the incident..about 30-45 minutes had lapsed since we ordered..we are getting a little impatient since none of the menus are coming out yet.... then we heard some complaints from the table beside us " asking why does their fish fillet looked like a melted pie or sumthing.. the waiter just insisted " sir ganun po talaga itsura nya.. tikman nyo na lang po" the way he looks is parang pati sha natatawa sa kinalabasan nung inorder... so i just decided to cancel our order since its closing to an hour already...pag alis namin saka hahabol habol yung mga waiter na ready na daw... but im afraid na baka himatayin kami sa food nila or something might have happened during the preparations since i already bragged on the manager.. we just proceeded to gerrys grill ..we got sitted in less than 10 minutes and we we served in less than 30 minutes.. solve!

minsan nakakatakot mag try ng mga bagong kainan lalo kung generic like those found in dampa or the like... kung sa mga may pangalan na na resto minsan sumasablay yung service eh so sa ganun expect na din...though hindi naman lahat ganun..problem lng is yung training ng mga staff minsan kulang..like they dont know the standards or the norms of food prep..at least naman sana alam nila yung kakalabasan or kung luto na ba.. usually kasi either hilaw.. or yung sa loob eh frozen pa...

another thing is in boracay- i forgot the name but its a resto bet sta 1 and 2..sumthing hawaiian ribs i think.. me and my ex tried to dine here... the looks of the estab is really enticing and the menu are really mouth-watering.. so we ordered a baby back and a hawaiian chicken i think...the baby back came first..the portions are much smaller than we expected but didnt complained about it much.. we almost finished our ribs when the chicken arrived...we noted that flies started to swarm on our table.. we didnt noticed anything peculiar at that point.. but after which i noted that the chicken was still medium so i asked the server politely to have it cooked well.. ayoko ata ng kilawin na manok.. so we patiently waited...then our order came back...the flies became aggressive again.. i looked closely on our chicken and noted that its in the early stage or putrefaction.. in other words.. nag sstart na shang mag decay.. like the meat portions are starting to get soft and buttery... dun na ako nagalit.... but i still paid for the bill.. i got the receipt and if anything happens to us during our stay..they will be the one to blame...good thing nothing happened to us during that time....

ill also include the shake stand in bora that is quite popular..can remember the name exactly.. but they serve the shakes in garapon/jars/ pinaglagyan ng mayo.... it was the first thing i had in bora since mainit talaga...malas lang at natamaan ata ako ng bacteria from the preparation.. i suffered acute gastroenteritis 3/4 of our stay... and also be warned..their hospital is not that well equipped so you better brings meds for your safety since summer already started and perhaps a lot will be frequenting to these places...

Guest L3viathan

I just came from baguio.

me and my sister ate at Jackz along session road. mabango sa labas ang niluluto eh.

so upo kami and ordered. in their menu panay pictures nakalagay, making it easier to order. I ordered jack's rice while my sister ordered beef and ampalaya.

masarap ang pagkain.

my only complaint? ANG LAKI NG SERVING compared sa picture.

oh wait.. this isn't a complaint. bundat kami lumabas ng kainan.

It seems to me that the portions being served by Chef D'Angelo's keep getting smaller especially the chicken in their sampler. Now, I don't mind if they're going to raise the price a little bit because of the increasing price of ingredients just please... don't make the servings any more smaller than they are now. -_-

how disgusting the size macdonald's burger nowadays, sinlaki na lang yata ng pandesal

look at the size of the macdonald's burger... presently parang sinlaki na lang yata ng pandesal... it's quite ridiculous to buy this thing parang nakakatawa ka lang pag nakita ka kumakain nito dahil alam mo naman na di ka mabubusog...

Edited by Wyld

This happened to me 2 years ago. My office mates and I held a Xmas party and they had decided to order at Kenny Rogers, the delivery guy came with the food, the bill was paid and we started to sit down and eat. While eating i opened the small plastic container which held the side dish, it was the corn with carrots i think. As i looked closely at it, i noticed an object that wasn't the same color as the bits of carrot and corn, it was almond shaped, kinda brownish, had small antennae, a thorax, little feet and, well, you get the picture, it was dead anyway. We called to complain about it and they said they would replace it with the same side dish sans the "extra ingredient." Tama ba yung ginawa nila? diba health hazard yun para sa customer?

Chili's Morato branch...avoid if you can. The food tastes good naman, what really sets me off is that their staff have a bad habit of skimming from the quantity of food they serve. Their management should do something about it...

They also do this at Fridays and Outback Restaurants. The servers especially the kitchen people does this as a practice to taste the randomly food before serving it. For me this is ok but the serving size should not be significantly affected. And they have to do it in the most sanitary way...

They also do this at Fridays and Outback Restaurants. The servers especially the kitchen people does this as a practice to taste the randomly food before serving it. For me this is ok but the serving size should not be significantly affected. And they have to do it in the most sanitary way...

They did not get just a small serving. My friends who live nearby have warned me about their experiences with this branch but since I really love their buffalo wings, chose to still buy from them since this was the nearest and most convenient. This past week, I was there to buy take home a small party pack buffalo wings and was very surprised to notice that the quantity was at most 2/3 of what they always give. When I complained to the lady at the front desk, she said that this was their usual serving and that I don't know what Im talking about. Mandaraya na, bastos pa!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My parents (both were seniors already) ate at Tokyo Tokyo SM Manila branch 2 days ago. My dad forgot to bring his I.D. so they used my mom's instead. ordered 2 meals, one 95 pesos other 90 pesos; also ordered their drinks and some maki. total food bill was almost 300 pesos.. Tokyo Tokyo only computed the 20% seniors discount from the more expensive item ordered (the 95 peso meal) instead of the required maximum discountable amount of 250 pesos... sa madaling salita instead of 50 pesos discount nila (50 pesos being 20% of 250 pesos which they are entitled) 20 pesos lang na-discount nila..Also what they did was to print the discounted 95 peso meal on a separate receipt to make it look like that two different customers ordered the 95 pesos meal from the rest of the orders; obviously with malicious intent..Dad was furious and (being a lawyer) filed a complaint in Manila City Hall and DTI..We're awaiting what will happen next week..

From now on we will boycott Tokyo Tokyo SM Manila Branch..come to think of it, because the branch manager said that its the policy of Tokyo Tokyo in general we will boycott the Tokyo Tokyo food chain..

Buti pa Jolibee, McDo, KFC, etc...these food chains grant 20% discount up to 250 pesos food bill regardless of number and ages of persons in the receipt so long as one has a valid seniors ID..heck, even Savory Fried Chicken in SM San Lazaro gave the 20% seniors discount discount up to 300 pesos food purchase..

Edited by Fusarium_jimini